Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lesnar v Mir III

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 pm

In the WWE...

Quote :
In a recent interview with The Chronicle Journal, Frank Mir said he wouldn’t be opposed to going into wrestling. “Not opposed to the idea,” Mir said. “I can’t do a back flip or anything.” This is leading to speculation suggesting that he could go to WWE to face Brock Lesnar.

The two have split two fights in the UFC, setting up a Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir trilogy after all.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/407374/Mir-vs-Lesnar-in-the-WWE-Mir-not-opposed/
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm

lol, why is this in the MMA section?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:16 pm

That won't happen.

The idea that WWE would want all these MMA guys is hilarious to me. Frank Mir would not fit in at all. Even if he did, i doubt that Brock and Mir could co-exist for a functioning storyline.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:16 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
That won't happen.

The idea that WWE would want all these MMA guys is hilarious to me. Frank Mir would not fit in at all. Even if he did, i doubt that Brock and Mir could co-exist for a functioning storyline.

Yeah it wouldnt work.
Back to top Go down

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 am

Frank Mir isn't high profile enough to generate an appearance.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 am

Not that Im a WWE fan, but I think it could work.

and Frank could def pull off a WWE persona. He's 90% there already.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 am

captain organic wrote:

I don't think so. What we view as a WWE persona for MMA is considered dull when attempted to be pulled off in the pro wrestling arena.

Know how MMA fans view Brock Lesnar as this charismatic, great promo dropping heel in MMA afther UFC 100? He goes back to pro wrestling with the same shit you saw in the countdown shows or UFC 100 and they think his persona is dull, he has zero charisma, and should have somebody else speak for him. Mir would fail miserably.

Chael Sonnen is the only one zany enough to actually put on a WWE promo as he does for UFC and not bore people to tears,..but even he would have to exaggerate an already exaggerated act even more to get over.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I don't think so. What we view as a WWE persona for MMA is considered dull when attempted to be pulled off in the pro wrestling arena.

Know how MMA fans view Brock Lesnar as this charismatic, great promo dropping heel in MMA afther UFC 100? He goes back to pro wrestling with the same shit you saw in the countdown shows or UFC 100 and they think his persona is dull, he has zero charisma, and should have somebody else speak for him. Mir would fail miserably.

Chael Sonnen is the only one zany enough to actually put on a WWE promo as he does for UFC and not bore people to tears,..but even he would have to exaggerate an already exaggerated act even more to get over.

But Brocks MMA popularity can be directly linked to his pro wrestling days. Was he the most charismatic pro wrestler? No. But he was one, and a fairly popular one. And Frank has more natural charisma. Throw a set of shades on him, have him strut in, he'll do just fine.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 am

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

But Brocks MMA popularity can be directly linked to his pro wrestling days. Was he the most charismatic pro wrestler? No. But he was one, and a fairly popular one. And Frank has more natural charisma. Throw a set of shades on him, have him strut in, he'll do just fine.

Lesnar was and still is a very popular pro wrestler. Brock was a popular pro wrestler because he was a physical monster that can go in there and toss big guys like the Undertaker around like nothing. His look and build was frightening and most importantly, he actually knew what he was doing when the matches started as well. They gave him a charismatic hypeman to do his talking for him. His look isnt the same and he still can't talk like a pro wrestler, but he can still do some freakish things in the ring.

Everybody in pro wrestling can talk and act like Frank Mir. It's like the default persona for any rookie pro wrestler. Difference is, they all have better builds(naturality is of low relevance), Mir looks a little soft sometimes..and they know what they are doing in the ring. Mir gimmick wise would be considered generic and what somebody like Brock brings to the table being a monster powerhouse, Mir physically could not..and the crazy ankle breaking gimmick has been done before and is still being done by others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lesnar v Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesnar v Mir III   Lesnar v Mir III Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesnar v Mir III
Page 1 of 1