Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF Releases Paul Daley

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

SF Releases Paul Daley  Empty
PostSubject: SF Releases Paul Daley    SF Releases Paul Daley  EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Strikeforce has released former welterweight title challenger Paul Daley.

Wad Alameddine of Fight Management today confirmed the news via press release.

According to a statement, Daley (29-12-2 MMA, 2-3 SF), who most recently suffered a March loss to Kazuo Misaki via split decision, is pursuing options with other fight promotions, due in part to his inability to fight frequently with Strikeforce.

"I'm happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently," the British striker stated. "My whole career I've wanted to fight as often as possible as it keeps me in the best form and condition.

"I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The KOs of (Duane) Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back-and-forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz. My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I'm looking forward to the next part in my journey."

Prior to the Misaki loss, the 29-year-old Daley had posted back-to-back decision wins over Jordan Radev and Luigi Fioravanti in outside promotions. However, he went winless in his final three Strikeforce appearances, including a title loss to welterweight champ Diaz in early 2011.

Alameddine insists the split was amicable.

"I am personally disappointed to see Paul leave Strikeforce," he stated. "He's without question one of the most charismatic personalities and talented MMA athletes to come out of the U.K. We have parted ways with Strikeforce on good terms."

Over three stints with the promotion, Daley went 2-3 in Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: SF Releases Paul Daley    SF Releases Paul Daley  EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:48 pm

dumb decision by Daley , if you can't bet Kaz Misaki (man that was fun to see) then you shouldn't ASK for your release.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: SF Releases Paul Daley    SF Releases Paul Daley  EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 pm

if you lose to Kaz Misaki chances are the phone calls from SF are going to be even fewer and far between then they were before. If Daley is looking for activity, he is not going to get it in Strikeforce. Hell, Kaz won the fight and he has no upcoming fights in Strikeforce to my knowledge.

Good move by Daley. Time to get on with his career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SF Releases Paul Daley    SF Releases Paul Daley  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 am

Considering Strikeforce's likely future there wasn't much point for Paul to stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SF Releases Paul Daley    SF Releases Paul Daley  Empty

Back to top Go down

SF Releases Paul Daley
Page 1 of 1