[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Spurs or Thunder?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 am

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
You can still argue Bosh with a couple of the guys on your top 15 but it really doesnt matter.
Ok, in your opinion which one can you argue he is better then? Cause I would argue that you could add KG to list of better then Bosh. Also Josh Smith could be argued as better.


KG of 3 years ago maybe but not this KG now and Josh Smith isnt consistant enough in my opinion. I think u could argue Bosh is better than Gasol and Tony Parker( although they are very close u can argue it).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 am

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
You can still argue Bosh with a couple of the guys on your top 15 but it really doesnt matter.
Ok, in your opinion which one can you argue he is better then? Cause I would argue that you could add KG to list of better then Bosh. Also Josh Smith could be argued as better.


KG of 3 years ago maybe but not this KG now and Josh Smith isnt consistant enough in my opinion. I think u could argue Bosh is better than Gasol and Tony Parker( although they are very close u can argue it).
Tony Parker was a legit MVP candidate this season. I think he scored 20 in 1 quarter vs OKC last series. I'm sorry but you are insane if you think Bosh is even close to Parker. You could argue Parker over Westbrook and Rondo, you could argue Parker as a top 5 player in the NBA the way he played this season. Did you see KG's numbers for these playoffs? Still pretty damn productive. Also Gasol is far more talented offensively then Bosh.

_________________
Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
You can still argue Bosh with a couple of the guys on your top 15 but it really doesnt matter.
Ok, in your opinion which one can you argue he is better then? Cause I would argue that you could add KG to list of better then Bosh. Also Josh Smith could be argued as better.


KG of 3 years ago maybe but not this KG now and Josh Smith isnt consistant enough in my opinion. I think u could argue Bosh is better than Gasol and Tony Parker( although they are very close u can argue it).
Tony Parker was a legit MVP candidate this season. I think he scored 20 in 1 quarter vs OKC last series. I'm sorry but you are insane if you think Bosh is even close to Parker. You could argue Parker over Westbrook and Rondo, you could argue Parker as a top 5 player in the NBA the way he played this season. Did you see KG's numbers for these playoffs? Still pretty damn productive. Also Gasol is far more talented offensively then Bosh.


KG was productive yes but I think overall Bosh is better. As for Gasol Im with you he is good but I dont think he is far more talented than Bosh. Thats why i say Bosh is in the arguement in my opinion. If he isnt to you thats your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
You can still argue Bosh with a couple of the guys on your top 15 but it really doesnt matter.
Ok, in your opinion which one can you argue he is better then? Cause I would argue that you could add KG to list of better then Bosh. Also Josh Smith could be argued as better.


KG of 3 years ago maybe but not this KG now and Josh Smith isnt consistant enough in my opinion. I think u could argue Bosh is better than Gasol and Tony Parker( although they are very close u can argue it).
Tony Parker was a legit MVP candidate this season. I think he scored 20 in 1 quarter vs OKC last series. I'm sorry but you are insane if you think Bosh is even close to Parker. You could argue Parker over Westbrook and Rondo, you could argue Parker as a top 5 player in the NBA the way he played this season. Did you see KG's numbers for these playoffs? Still pretty damn productive. Also Gasol is far more talented offensively then Bosh.

Maybe the Gasol of a few years ago, but not Gasol of last year. He has a career low in points and even dipped quite a bit in FG%. Bosh however has to to share the rock with LeBron and Wade so he doesn't get the touches he needs to put up major stats. I think the Heat would be in a much better place if they trade Wade for Tyson Chandler & Steve Novak. A pure 3 point specialists to knock down open shots created by Bron & Bosh & one of NBA's best true bigs.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 pm

So me and Farmer kinda agree on this 1 although Im not sure I would trade D-Wade although I do think the Heat could definitely use a legit big man and another pure shooter. To be honest though I think Wade is slowing down alittle and it maybe a smart move to shop him alittle now and see who may bite. He has alot of wear and tear on his body and is starting to get little nagging injuries alot and you know what that leads too.....bigger more serious injuries. Damn so maybe I would trade wade lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I just want to be clear. D-Wade is a complete badass, but he's not LeBron and his sty;e doesn't mesh well with LeBron. 2 years together and they don't play as a team.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:43 pm

No I agree with you he is still a great player but with injuries and the fact they dont play well together ALL the time a move may make some sense. Or at least listen to some offers behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 am

KG>Bosh. Then, now, 10 years form now.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARSpurs or Thunder? - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
KG>Bosh. Then, now, 10 years form now.
I agree. Also no one in their right mind can look at the 20 players I listed and put Bosh ahead of 15 of them.

_________________
Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:44 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
KG>Bosh. Then, now, 10 years form now.
I agree. Also no one in their right mind can look at the 20 players I listed and put Bosh ahead of 15 of them.


He only needs to be ahead of 5 of them. I said top 15 not top 5 my friend.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
KG>Bosh. Then, now, 10 years form now.

I agree except for right now. Bosh is just as good.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I bet if Riley had the option to do so he would cut Bosh right this second for 36 year old KG to take his place.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARSpurs or Thunder? - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:54 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I bet if Riley had the option to do so he would cut Bosh right this second for 36 year old KG to take his place.


I dont believe that but KG would really help the Heat with the defense he plays.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely
Posts : 21274
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 100
Location : Fresyes, CA

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

You get similar points and minutes per game output, but better rebounding, assists, steals, blocks, ft%, fg%, leadership and savvy, today.

_________________
captain organic wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Are u fucking serious with this post bro? ur a newbie to MMA compared to me, I watch all fights, but don't get a hard on unless guys are in the top 30.

Uh, Are u fucking serious with this post bro?



Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 LanceWalkingLWAR WAR WARSpurs or Thunder? - Page 2 BillWalkingR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You get similar points and minutes per game output, but better rebounding, assists, steals, blocks, ft%, fg%, leadership and savvy, today.


I disagree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs or Thunder?   Spurs or Thunder? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Spurs or Thunder?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: