Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fights to make next ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fights to make next ? Empty
PostSubject: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Alexander Gustafsson
Thiago Silva
Brian Stann
Alessio Sakara
Siyar Bahadurzada
Paulo Thiago
Diego Nunes
Dennis Siver

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Lyoto Machida
Thiago Silva vs. Rampage or Lil Nog
Brian Stann vs. Yushin Okami
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Rick Story
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Alexander Gustafsson: Ryan Bader or Shogun
Thiago Silva: Stephan Bonnar
Brian Stann: Chris Weidman
Alessio Sakara: Retirement
Siyar Bahadurzada: Martin Kampmann
Paulo Thiago: Thiago Alves
Diego Nunes: Chad Mendes
Dennis Siver: Mark Hominick
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Machida is 1-4 in his last 5 fights coming off a loss. I don't want to see him against Gus at all.

Last edited by Ninja on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Ninja wrote:
Machida is 1-4 in his last 5 fights coming off a loss. I don't want to see him again Gus at all.

That didn't stop them trying to make Hendo vs. Machida. Despite his recent form Machida is still an elite LHW.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Losing to an up and coming fighter after such a skid would pretty much guaranteed to get him cut from the UFC. I'd like to see him in a less risky fight until he stops sliding.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Gus- Bader or Lil Nog
Thiago Silva- Rampage, Janitor, loser of Igor Pokrajac/Fabio Maldonado.
Brian Stann- Okami, Ed Herman, Ronny Markes
Dennis Siver- Iuri Alcantara/Koch

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Ali wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Machida is 1-4 in his last 5 fights coming off a loss. I don't want to see him again Gus at all.

That didn't stop them trying to make Hendo vs. Machida. Despite his recent form Machida is still an elite LHW.

I think machida is losing his elite status. Hes living off that rashad win. Outside of that he's beaten thiago old man couture and Tito.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Wasn't Thiago V Rampage supposed to happen before Silva got popped, that would be a war.

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Wasn't Thiago V Rampage supposed to happen before Silva got popped, that would be a war.

I agree. Rampage vs Thiago would equal fireworks.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 am

Rampage can't war anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Ninja wrote:

I think machida is losing his elite status. Hes living off that rashad win. Outside of that he's beaten thiago old man couture and Tito.

Machida's only definitive loses came at the hands of Bones and Rua, those are nothing to be ashamed of. And Machida is the only person who's even come close to winning a round against Jon.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 am

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Machida's only definitive loses came at the hands of Bones and Rua, those are nothing to be ashamed of. And Machida is the only person who's even come close to winning a round against Jon.

When you say oh he only had 2 real losses and then should be another 2 in a 5 fight window then it looks pretty bad.

Oh and Bonnar won a round vs Jones.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Ludo wrote:

Against the right guy I think he could.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Leonard Garcia/
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Bonnar won a round against Jones after being thrown around like a ragdoll and beaten into a living death with such severity that Jones gassed out(likely to do with the suplex slams). Bonnar just happens to be ultra durable otherwise Bones probably would have finished him that fight(Bonnar has been stopped only twice, both due to cuts rather than being unable to defend himself/knocked out/submitted).
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Ludo wrote:
Bonnar won a round against Jones after being thrown around like a ragdoll and beaten into a living death with such severity that Jones gassed out(likely to do with the suplex slams). Bonnar just happens to be ultra durable otherwise Bones probably would have finished him that fight(Bonnar has been stopped only twice, both due to cuts rather than being unable to defend himself/knocked out/submitted).

Don't disagree, but my statement is still true.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Your statement is true in the same sense that saying Matt Hamill is the only man to have beaten Jon Jones in MMA.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Your statement is true in the same sense that saying Matt Hamill is the only man to have beaten Jon Jones in MMA.

No Stephan Bonnar actually won the round. He outperformed Bones for a 5 min period. 2 out of 3 judges said so. That is what Ali was referring to with Machida doing/ almost doing. This has no relevance or symmetry to the Hamill/Jones fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:43 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Rampage vs. Thiago Silva, Stephan Bonnar, Lil Nog, Shogun and Forrest Griffin.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

We already saw what happens versus Griffin. A good fight, but Page wasn't "waring".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

We already saw what happens versus Griffin. A good fight, but Page wasn't "waring".

Forrest has declined since then.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

So has Page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Ludo wrote:

So has Page.

Two faded stars = WAR
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Silva won't be moving laterally and you know Rampage will come straight forward, that is the fight to make, both coming off losses, make Bonnar V Gus as well, since the LHW title is tied up until at least August with Henderson getting the winner on the 21st
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fights to make next ?   Fights to make next ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fights to make next ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next