Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jones sponsored by UFC for 145

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 Empty
PostSubject: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-explains-ufc-sponsorship-ahead-of-showdown-with-rashad-evans

Nike coming on board MMA would be huge.

For UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, he wants to be associated with names like Jordan, James, Rodgers and Jeter, and so his mission starts at UFC 145.

How will it work?

Well for Jones it begins by not walking out to the Octagon on Saturday night, April 21 with a myriad of sponsor patches on his shirt or shorts.

“For this fight, I have a goal, I’ve had a goal of being sponsored by Nike for many, many years. Part of our strategy to try and make that happen one day is to not be a billboard, and not just be sponsored by TapouT one week, and Affliction one week, and then MusclePharm next week, and all these random companies,” Jones explained on Friday.

Instead of signing on with a company for a one-fight deal or going by the standard process of having a multitude of sponsors on a fight shirt, Jones opted for a deal with the UFC itself.

As strange as that sounds, the UFC will actually be sponsoring Jon Jones for his fight at UFC 145 against Rashad Evans. Now the first thought might be, how can the UFC sponsor someone that they already pay to fight for them?

Well, in reality this is no different than any other clothing deal because the UFC is not only the top MMA promotion in the world, but they also have their own apparel line, which includes shirts, shorts, gloves and other products. So for his fight at UFC 145, Jones will be decked in head to toe in UFC gear, pushing their brand instead of another company.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 pm

as if I needed a nother reason to want him to lose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 am

While it seems a little fishy at first glance, I don't really see anything wrong with it. The UFC has a clothing brand that needs to be grown. When you see Faber and Cruz wearing it on TUF then people want to buy it. This will do the same on a bigger scale.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:51 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
While it seems a little fishy at first glance, I don't really see anything wrong with it. The UFC has a clothing brand that needs to be grown. When you see Faber and Cruz wearing it on TUF then people want to buy it. This will do the same on a bigger scale.

doesn't it present a conflict of interests? surely dana isn't going to be happy if the guy covered in UFC motifs loses the fight?

are the judges employed by the UFC or are they independant?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 am

cheekynffc wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

doesn't it present a conflict of interests? surely dana isn't going to be happy if the guy covered in UFC motifs loses the fight?

The refs and judges have nothing to do with the UFC. It does present a conflict of interests, but I kind of look at it as 2 separate brands, UFC clothing and UFC the fight promotion.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Weigh In
Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 A1__95296_std

Corner Man
Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 A1__50737_zoom

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 pm

His mind seems to be every where except on the fight. RASHAD WILL WIN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:15 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Let's just hope that there is not a close decision, cause all the talk will start, I want an emphatic victory.

I am suprised how much the UFC is putting on Jones, they have never pushed a champion like they are Jones
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 pm

cascade_run wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Let's just hope that there is not a close decision, cause all the talk will start, I want an emphatic victory.

I am suprised how much the UFC is putting on Jones, they have never pushed a champion like they are Jones

The sport has never been as big as it is now though either.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Jones on the UFC sponsoring him

"When Form Athletics went down pretty much every company in the business was looking for an opportunity to work with me, and I was really honored just to be wanted like that. I thought it was really awesome, it was a real honor.

"We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I'm glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I'll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy.

"I think I'm a good company guy. The UFC asks me to do anything and I always do it, and I never tell them no for anything. I've had to do more marketing than any other fighter because I say no to absolutely nothing. I don't think most champs are like that."

"I think they realized I'm a company guy and they decided to sponsor me. They put in the deal that if any mainstream companies come after this win that they will let me go, and I think that's awesome."

Rashad responds

"I guess it is what it is," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "It seems they got their guy that they're going to get behind, I guess. I can't really say too much about that. I just got to go in there and do what I need to do. I can't really worry about that. I can't really worry about who they favor or who they may like. It doesn't change anything.

"If they're sponsoring him, it may seem that (the UFC is favoring Jones). But you know, honestly, it doesn't matter if they favor him or not. They have guys they want to get behind, so if they want to get behind him, that's on them. It doesn't bother me though."

Sounds like Rashad is bovvered.

Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 News-graphics-2007-_644984a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 am

lol never expected to see a Catherine Tate reference from you Farmer.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Ali wrote:

Is she the lady that had infilatrated the Office and I wish her and Robert California would go somewhere else, caus they are wrecking my show even more then
I thought would be possible with Michael Scott gone.

Has anyone one see the pic of Jones walking through the airport with his belt or a replica belt on, goof or not, he looks like a complete tool
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm

I don't care enough to look into this, but it really seems like the stupidest thing ever and a slap to Rashad
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is she the lady that had infilatrated the Office and I wish her and Robert California would go somewhere else, caus they are wrecking my show even more then

Has anyone one see the pic of Jones walking through the airport with his belt or a replica belt on, goof or not, he looks like a complete tool

That's her. Steve saw the writing on the wall and left. The patchwork of what's left has been ehhhhh at best but I'll keep watching.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't care enough to look into this, but it really seems like the stupidest thing ever and a slap to Rashad

Huh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

That's her. Steve saw the writing on the wall and left. The patchwork of what's left has been ehhhhh at best but I'll keep watching.

Huh we are WAY behind you guys, last ep I saw was The Sweeney Todd one.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

That was like 3 seasons ago.

Edit: ok that was episode 3 of season 7. The one from last week was episode 20 on season 8.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

Sweeney Todd one, did I miss that one, or not realize that was what it was?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

Sweeney Todd one, did I miss that one, or not realize that was what it was?

The whole episode was based around it. You couldn't miss it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones sponsored by UFC for 145   Jones sponsored by UFC for 145 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones sponsored by UFC for 145
Page 1 of 1