Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Qala-i Jang-i Uprising

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Qala-i Jang-i Uprising Empty
PostSubject: Qala-i Jang-i Uprising   Qala-i Jang-i Uprising EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Long story short, General Dostum of the Northern Alliance encircled over 800 Taliban fighters in November of 2001, he offered the a truce of surrender. THis was a big deal considering Dostum was from Mazar-i Sharif, a city that was brutally cleansed of its Uzbek population when the Taliban came to power.

THis was a chance for Dostum to carry out a slaughter. He didn't, instead he transported the Taliban fighters to his compound in Mazar-i Sharif, Qala-i Jangi, he used his compound as a prison while american CIA agents arrived. Unfortunately a prison uprising took place, the first american death of the war occurred, a 5 day battle took place and we discovered John Lindh Walker in the aftermath (the american taliban).

Here is an amazing 7 part footage from the surrender, uprising, battle and aftermath.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Qala-i Jang-i Uprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qala-i Jang-i Uprising   Qala-i Jang-i Uprising EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

anyone else think its crazy that just over a decade ago, we found an american citizen fighting with the taliban and he got 22 years in prison.

A decade later and we can legally kill "enemy combatants"

A lot has changed in 12 years
Back to top Go down

Qala-i Jang-i Uprising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: