Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up Empty
PostSubject: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 pm

awesome this fight definitely deserves to be on the main card
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
awesome this fight definitely deserves to be on the main card

Deserves to be the co-main event.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

On most other upcoming cards it would. I got Cain mir over this though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Cain vs Mir isn't on the same card though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

The full six-fight card now reads:

Lightweight Bout: Mark Bocek Vs Matt Wiman
Featherweight Bout: Mark Hominick Vs Eddie Yagin
Bantamweight Bout: Miguel Torres Vs Michael McDonald
Heavyweight Bout: Brendan Schaub Vs Ben Rothwell
Welterweight Bout: Rory MacDonald Vs Che Mills
UFC Light Heavyweight Title: Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 am

Pretty weak outside of the main event.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:55 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Interesting fights on the undercard. Wonderboy is always fun to watch. Griggs vs Browne is a very good matchup. Njokuani is fun to watch and Danzig is going to knock Efrian da fuck out. This card is a little weak at top but I think the overall depth helps it out. Not a bad card.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 am

This fight should be the co main event. +1
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Interesting fights on the undercard. Wonderboy is always fun to watch. Griggs vs Browne is a very good matchup. Njokuani is fun to watch and Danzig is going to knock Efrian da fuck out. This card is a little weak at top but I think the overall depth helps it out. Not a bad card.

I don't think they'll be boring, but on paper there aren't many top guys.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 am

You could argue they have 6 guys competing that are in the top 5 in the UFC in their weight class.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 am

If I'm scheduling the fight order based partly off my interest I go like this:

Jones vs Evans
McDonald vs Torres
MacDonald vs Mills
Rothwell vs Schaub
Griggs vs Browne
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

Lightweight Bout: Mark Bocek Vs Matt Wiman - none anywhere close to ranked
Featherweight Bout: Mark Hominick Vs Eddie Yagin - Hominick is good, but not top 5.
Bantamweight Bout: Miguel Torres Vs Michael McDonald - Torres isn't top 5, but good. McDonald is working his was up. Close to top 5.
Heavyweight Bout: Brendan Schaub Vs Ben Rothwell - Schaub is decent, but not top 5. Rothwell is about to get cut.
Welterweight Bout: Rory MacDonald Vs Che Mills - Rory is a nice up and comer and will likely be top 5 in the future. Don't know much about Mills.

I count 2 somewhat close to top 5 outside of the main event. No idea where you get 4 from (taking out the main event).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Jones vs Evans
McDonald vs Torres
MacDonald vs Mills
Rothwell vs Schaub
Griggs vs Browne
Shit if I'm going just off my interest I'll go like this:
Torres vs McDonald

McDonald vs Mills
Griggs vs Browne
Schaub vs Rothwell
Wiman vs Bocek

I just HATE Rashad and don't like Jones.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Lightweight Bout: Mark Bocek Vs Matt Wiman - none anywhere close to ranked
Featherweight Bout: Mark Hominick Vs Eddie Yagin - Hominick is good, but not top 5.
Bantamweight Bout: Miguel Torres Vs Michael McDonald - Torres isn't top 5, but good. McDonald is working his was up. Close to top 5.
Heavyweight Bout: Brendan Schaub Vs Ben Rothwell - Schaub is decent, but not top 5. Rothwell is about to get cut.
Welterweight Bout: Rory MacDonald Vs Che Mills - Rory is a nice up and comer and will likely be top 5 in the future. Don't know much about Mills.

I count 2 somewhat close to top 5 outside of the main event. No idea where you get 4 from (taking out the main event).
I said you could argue 6 guys for top 5 IN THE UFC. Not overall ranking in the division. Before the loss to Zombie Hominick was securely in the top 5 in the UFC in his division. I think you can still argue him being top 5. I disagree on Torres, I think he is definitely still a top 5 fighter in his division IN THE UFC. I'm not alone in thinking he beat Mouse in that SD. I think McDonald is already in the top 5 in the UFC for the division. Now Rory is in a deep division so 5 would be stretching it, but again if you want to call him the 5th best WW on the UFC roster I won't call you crazy. Do me a favor and name 5 fighters in the UFC currently ranked higher then Hominick, Torres and Michael McDonald.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

+1

Not feeling the card at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 pm

If "names" is what you care about then I guess you will be disappointed. But the talent is there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm

It will probably end up being a good one.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm past the days of not feeling UFC cards. They're all stacked and will bring action. Looking forward to it, this March lull of UFC besides TUF has sucked ass
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'm past the days of not feeling UFC cards. They're all stacked and will bring action. Looking forward to it, this March lull of UFC besides TUF has sucked ass
I enjoyed a few free cards this month. I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Bellator has been it's usual baller self.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:29 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Jones vs Evans
McDonald vs Torres
MacDonald vs Mills
Rothwell vs Schaub
Griggs vs Browne

+1
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Reality is Schaub vs Rothwell should be on the undercard, Griggs vs Browne is a much better HW contests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 pm

I really hate Rothwell, there's something about his face that makes wish a cartoon anvil would fall on it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:41 pm

OU wrote:
If "names" is what you care about then I guess you will be disappointed. But the talent is there.

It is and isn't about names. The top guys usually become names. Top guys are more talented than not top guys. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the card. These are the type of cards that turn out better than expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up   UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 145 to air 6 fights on PPV; McDonald-Torres moves up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next