[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 How old do you believe the earth is?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 pm

6,000 years old as the babble says?

4.5-5 billion years old as science tells us?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

I think the age of the Earth is one of the worst arguments for religion vs science. Just because a few dumb asses involved writing religious books back in da day doesn't cancel out any possibility of God existing. Christians being morons and accepting story telling as facts doesn't rule out the possibility of a greater power in my book.

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Where did humans come from? Do you believe humans came from non human ancestors?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Where did humans come from? Do you believe humans came from non human ancestors?
I do think there had to be some kind of evolution. Did everything evolve from single celled organism? Maybe. But I'm not completely ruling out the idea that "life" was created by some super being. Not saying humans were directly created from "God" but possible this single celled organism was.

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 pm

More rational certainly, but do you understand that the current theories do not believe any creator had to start the single celled life? It arose from chemical and molecular reactions that eventually became self replicating. We don't understand exactly how, but we've been able to reproduce reactions which appear to resemble what "pre-life" "life" may have looked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
More rational certainly, but do you understand that the current theories do not believe any creator had to start the single celled life? It arose from chemical and molecular reactions that eventually became self replicating. We don't understand exactly how, but we've been able to reproduce reactions which appear to resemble what "pre-life" "life" may have looked.
Yeah that is an interesting concept that it very possible IMO. But where did that gas come from? Where did the first organism/gas/atom/whatever the hell the first "thing" in this universe was come from? How did it come into existence?

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm



I've had to pause the video to reply or rewind when I don't and get distracted by trolling god here, but this addresses where it came from. "Something from nothing"
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm

We both know I'll never be able to sit through that 2 hour video. Even if it does hold the key to life. The debate kind of reminds me of one of the later scenes in Forrest Gump. Where he is at Jenny's grave and says he doesn't know if his momma was right about destiny and everything happening for a reason or Lt. Dan and the idea that everything is accidental and we are just here floating around the universe for no particular reason. He comes to the conclusion that "maybe it's both". I haven't ruled out the idea of some super natural power having something to do with the creation of the universe.

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Well, like the video says. I can't rule out the existence of God, like I can't rule out definitively the existence of leprechauns and hobgoblins, but I know that we live in a universe that looks just like one where no God exists, and I certainly wouldn't want to live in a universe with a petty Saddam Hussein in the sky. There is zero evidence of God. None. And if the evidence we have of God is real, then fuck that mother fucker, Satan had very valid point. 666
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Well, like the video says. I can't rule out the existence of God, like I can't rule out definitively the existence of leprechauns and hobgoblins, but I know that we live in a universe that looks just like one where no God exists, and I certainly wouldn't want to live in a universe with a petty Saddam Hussein in the sky. There is zero evidence of God. None. And if the evidence we have of God is real, then fuck that mother fucker, Satan had very valid point. 666
How can you know that? Have you seen some alternate Universe where there is 100% confirmation that no God ever existed in any form in that Universe? Or are you saying that because "God wouldn't let all this bad shit happen" therefore this World looks like a Godless place?
All you have is theories, can't even agree on which Godless theory is the correct one. How the first forms of life were created is still a mystery that no one has solved. All we have is a wide variety of theories about what "might have happened".

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

We live in a universe that looks just like one where no God was required in the formation of things or in the big bang or in the ordering of things. There is zero evidence. I have no evidence YOU shot Treyvon Martin ten years ago and froze his body, dumped it in a Florida subdivision and hypnotized all the police, family members, witnesses etc to believe he was shot by your paid double agent Zimmerman who has a secret off shore account with 230 billion dollars in it after you hired an underground neo-nazi deathcult to fake all the 9-11 calls and give them to the media. But that is highly unlikely. There is as much evidence of that, as there is God exists as the bible says, or even that god exists at all.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:13 pm

I think your extreme views and certainty is just as LOL as the bible thumpers. Your whole "show me proof" of someone talking about "faith" and there feelings on the most probable explanation on the mysteries of life is just another example on focusing on the wrong things. You can't with certainty rule out some existence of God in some form but since the other side of the fence doesn't have any physical proof you write that off as a victory? Neither side has effectively proven without a doubt how life was created. Just because organized religion has become so LOL with blind followers doesn't mean there can't be some super natural being in some form. Who's to say this being is all good? Why is that the assumption that "God" is someone that cares about everyone and everything "right"? I personally think you use the religious debate to make yourself feel cool. You spout off 666 and poke fun at any and all religions for attention. But at the end of the day there is no actual "proof" to what happened before anything existed in any universe and how/when/where that process started.

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? Banner10
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6474
Join date : 2009-09-12

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Well it can't be 6,000 years old. We've found carbon dated structures older than that by a wide margin. Houses on the Isle of Man 9,000 years old, Gobekli Tepe which is supposedly over 12,000 years old, that "african stonehenge" that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 75,000 years old(or at least 25,000 going by archaeoastronomic calculations before erosion and geology factoring in). The planet is definitely hundreds of millions if not billions of years old.

Honestly I don't think either side knows anything about the real age of the earth. It's pure speculation on both sides. Science only has zircon crystals as a benchmark and religion has no clue whatsoever other than faith.

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? A-Picture-Is-Worth-More-Than-Words-Funny-Classic-Grumpy-Cat-Pic
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Ludo wrote:
Well it can't be 6,000 years old. We've found carbon dated structures older than that by a wide margin. Houses on the Isle of Man 9,000 years old, Gobekli Tepe which is supposedly over 12,000 years old, that "african stonehenge" that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 75,000 years old(or at least 25,000 going by archaeoastronomic calculations before erosion and geology factoring in). The planet is definitely hundreds of millions if not billions of years old.

Honestly I don't think either side knows anything about the real age of the earth. It's pure speculation on both sides. Science only has zircon crystals as a benchmark and religion has no clue whatsoever other than faith.

Your wikipedia based education has failed you in every discussion I have ever seen you take part in. This included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom
Posts : 6474
Join date : 2009-09-12

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Well it can't be 6,000 years old. We've found carbon dated structures older than that by a wide margin. Houses on the Isle of Man 9,000 years old, Gobekli Tepe which is supposedly over 12,000 years old, that "african stonehenge" that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 75,000 years old(or at least 25,000 going by archaeoastronomic calculations before erosion and geology factoring in). The planet is definitely hundreds of millions if not billions of years old.

Honestly I don't think either side knows anything about the real age of the earth. It's pure speculation on both sides. Science only has zircon crystals as a benchmark and religion has no clue whatsoever other than faith.

Your wikipedia based education has failed you in every discussion I have ever seen you take part in. This included.

Which discussions have I taken part in aside from the trolling I was pulling on Oggy about the holocaust? Why so salty?

_________________
How old do you believe the earth is? A-Picture-Is-Worth-More-Than-Words-Funny-Classic-Grumpy-Cat-Pic
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

No salt crystals. Only zircon crystals. The age of the earth was calculated before those crystals were found and is part of a universally accepted theory of the age of the Earth(outside theological beliefs). Why would you doubt their reliability? There is less margin for error in radiometric dating of rocks than in carbon 14 dating.

We also know the son is about 5 billion years old. If we have material that is just south of that, and everything else we find is just south of than, then where is the doubt coming from Ludo?


OU, what in my views are extreme? Most of what you say doesn't conflict with anything I've said.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content




How old do you believe the earth is? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old do you believe the earth is?   How old do you believe the earth is? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
How old do you believe the earth is?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: