Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler Empty
PostSubject: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Booked for FX 4.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:52 pm

I got Siler by takedown defense.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:03 pm

I train with Jimy every week and I know for a fact Siler isn't stoping his takedowns. Once Jimy cliches up it will be over.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:06 pm

That sounds like a biased statement. Hettes' takedowns haven't exactly been world beating thusfar. Didn't he resort to flopping to guard against Caceres? He might have a real problem once Siler starts throwing down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah Siler ain't no bitch. Your boy is in for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Ludo wrote:
That sounds like a biased statement. Hettes' takedowns haven't exactly been world beating thusfar. Didn't he resort to flopping to guard against Caceres? He might have a real problem once Siler starts throwing down.

First off, Jim took the fight with Bruce Leeroy on short notice, with a sprained knee, and it was his UFC debut. Dispite all these factors Jimy still dominated him, except for getting cut... Please show me where Jimmy flopped to guard againt Caceres? Maybe you are refering to where Jim took Alex's back, threw him down, and proceeded to choke him out?

Nam Phan, who in my opinion is a better fighter than Siler, was taken down and pounded by Jim with ease. I don't think Phan stopped even one takedown from Jimy...so him having bad takedowns is just plain made up nonsense. When jimy goes to NJ and trains at Renzo's with Frankie, I know for a fact he is able to take Frankie down 90% of the time... A little bit over a year ago "scuba steve" got choked out by Cole Escovedo...I am not even in the least worried about Jim losing this fight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Phan stopped 9 takedowns. Hettes went 11 of 20 in that fight. And 5 of 9 in the Caceres fight. Like I said his takedowns aren't world beating. I wouldn't put so much emphasis on being triangled by Cole Escovedo. 9 of Coles 10 Submission wins (9 of his 17 total wins) have come by Triangle choke.

After rewatching it what I was referring to was Hettes being stuffed on a takedown and trying to pull guard without control of Alex while Caceres stood over him.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

What sig bet or av bet this fight Ludo?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Sounds good to Me. I'll take Siler for a sig.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Hettes grapplefucked the shit out of Phan. He's a cagey kid, I think he takes this fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler   Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Hettes vs Steven Siler
Page 1 of 1