Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help me pick a headset

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Help me pick a headset Empty
PostSubject: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

I hear great things about Turtle Beach headsets. Going to be my birthday present to myself. There are different levels/models but not sure which one I should go with. Recommendations?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

What is the point in getting headphones ? Is it to hear footsteps and shit ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Ali wrote:
What is the point in getting headphones ? Is it to hear footsteps and shit ?
I broke my original headset that came with xbox. I don't like the throat mic and I don't really care for the wireless headset I currently have. I hear these things are awesome and I can crank it up when the roommate is sleeping.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:52 pm

I have these, cannot complain. The series has been discontinued though.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/legacy-products/ear-force-x41.aspx

Now their current equivalent is this model.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-xp500.aspx
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm

I have heard real good things about Triton sets also, but have not had a chance to use them.

http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/xbox.asp
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Wow, those are the top of the line ones. I was looking more at the $100 model.
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x32.aspx

But this is throwing me off a bit?
System Requirements
Xbox 360 console with AV cable to support analog audio output:
HDMI Configuration- HDMI audio adapter cable (dongle)
Standard Def- Advanced SCART AV cable
Available USB port

I use HDMI most of the time, unless I'm at Weezys.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I have heard real good things about Triton sets also, but have not had a chance to use them.

http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/xbox.asp
I have seen those with good ratings on Gamestop.com. But it's made by Madcatz which worries me.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm

I would go with turtle beach, I have a few friends who swear by them. I just have a cheapo pair but they work.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I would go with turtle beach, I have a few friends who swear by them. I just have a cheapo pair but they work.
There are like 10 different Turtle Beach models LOL, having a hard time choosing which one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

I just went for the best quality model. I didn't want to fuck around. 7.1 digital and they work great for music, movies and TV also if you have the hookups.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I just went for the best quality model. I didn't want to fuck around. 7.1 digital and they work great for music, movies and TV also if you have the hookups.
That is my concern right now. I need a special adapter or something if I use HDMI? I guess I could consider the best available model
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable, my tv and the newer 360's have outlets for them

Help me pick a headset 10359311
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm

I'll have to check my TV when I get home. I bought my xbox around the same time we started playing MoH.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Went to one of the local game shops during my lunch break. Not Gamestop but the local guys. They had the really cheap model of Turtle Beach and they had the MW3 wireless edition for $170. Almost got the MW3 ones despite the logo on the side. I settle for 2 used games for grand total of $22. Can't pull the trigger on the headset.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 am

Damn I was at Turtle Beach website. Found a set I was ready to get. Then I see it's "coming soon". Damn.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm such an indecisive pussy that I'll probably get the $50 set for now. New models coming soon anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 am

OU wrote:
I'm such an indecisive pussy that I'll probably get the $50 set for now. New models coming soon anyways.
This is what I ended up doing. Even though they are wired, they are awesome. I was just amazed the whole time I was playing BF. Definitely a nice intro in Turtle Beach. I can't even imagine how the expensive models sound. I plugged this directly into my surround sound and it was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me pick a headset   Help me pick a headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me pick a headset
Page 1 of 1