Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th

Go down 
+2
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  Empty
PostSubject: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Fuel TV twitter

#BREAKING: @Cowboycerrone to fight @thugjitsumaster(Yves Edwards) on @FUELTV Fight Night, May 15th in Fairfax, VA! #UFCTONIGHT

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Stupid ass fight imo. Yves should retire, or be let go. Plenty of more good overall guys in the LW division for Cowboy. I hate it!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Yves should've won his last fight and it was a FOTN caliber scrap. Fuck retirement
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 am

I would have agreed Yves should have retired a few years ago around the time Noons battered him and just look shot..but he's been solid since he returned to the UFC.

Cowboy wins this though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:30 am

Yves is, and has been done. He never even reached Pre-Diego YES! status guys? Get that shit outta here. He is a kept fighter at best with suspect opponents as of late. I don't know why I bother with you guys? You aren't even walking on your feet, with ur scraped up chimp knuckles. Evolve men when it comes to some vets of the game.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:53 am

tony won his last fight but yves showd how protectd tony is and has been after tuf compared to guys like brookins. edwards doesnt need to retire but although cerrone won his last fight he is still in a much better spot in his career than yves is. plenty of guys out there edwards can fight and not look bad against and cowboy is not one of them
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27603/edwards-out-stephens-again-against-cerrone-at-ufc-on-fuel-tv-3.mma
An undisclosed injury has forced lightweight Yves Edwards (41-18-1 MMA, 9-6 UFC) to withdraw from a fight with Donald Cerrone (17-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC on FUEL TV 3.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that veteran Jeremy Stephens (20-7 MMA, 7-6 UFC) has been tapped to replace Edwards.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Well there goes my hopes of Gomi vs Stephens.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Stephens is in for a rough night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Way better fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Probably a better fight. Never been high on Stephens.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 pm

You can make a compelling argument that Stephens won that SD against Pettis. He is also younger, more experienced and a standup fighter who has never been KO'd or TKO'd. I think this is a competitive fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Maybe you could make a compelling arguement. I couldnt call Stephens performance in that fight a winning performance and keep a straight face. I thought Stephens tried to stall, point grub his way to a decision but was more on the defensive the entire fight even when he was on top. I had that clearly for Pettis.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Maybe you could make a compelling arguement. I couldnt call Stephens performance in that fight a winning performance and keep a straight face. I thought Stephens tried to stall, point grub his way to a decision but was more on the defensive the entire fight even when he was on top. I had that clearly for Pettis.
Point grubbing worked well in the past. That formula has produced plenty of Ws in MMA.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah, i know point grubbing works...but IMO Stephens was overall ineffective in his attempts to point grub. He never had control of Pettis and was hoping to win on takedowns even though he really didnt want to be on the ground with Pettis. He was hoping to score enough takedown and simply survive submission attempts and getting worked on the feet. The judges took notice and his takedowns were scored appropriately.

Im sure i acknowledged in the thread that the decision could go to Stephens because judges are incompetent...he could have won because of that, but it would have been BS. Fortunately two judges saw through his bullshit gameplan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yeah, i know point grubbing works...but IMO Stephens was overall ineffective in his attempts to point grub. He never had control of Pettis and was hoping to win on takedowns even though he really didnt want to be on the ground with Pettis. He was hoping to score enough takedown and simply survive submission attempts and getting worked on the feet. The judges took notice and his takedowns were scored appropriately.

Im sure i acknowledged in the thread that the decision could go to Stephens because judges are incompetent...he could have won because of that, but it would have been BS. Fortunately two judges saw through his bullshit gameplan.
I can accept that. I guess what I ment to say. "With judging these days, Stephens could have got the W". Still Pettis couldn't put him down and Cerrone won't be able to either. Which is why Jeremy has a shot here. I can see Cerrone pulling the sub though. But a Stephens win wouldn't shock me.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Absolutely. I'm not counting out Stephens at all against Cowboy. It's a good fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:50 am

"Cowboy" also revealed that he recently had to make a couple of hospital visits due to staph infection and a serious case of intestine problems which required a lengthy hospital stay. However, he says that none of that will interfere with his performance in Virginia:

Quote :
"This fight was a son of a bitch man. I had staph infection in my knee so bad I had to go into the emergency room and get IV's. I just get out of the hospital and I get pulled right back in because I rolled my stomach. My stomach got twisted, so I did eight more days in the intensive care unit, so, it was pretty sweet man. I twisted one of my intestines right below my stomach, in training. I got into an accident, so my stomach is messed up anyways, from years ago. They were talking about surgery. They were going to try one thing where they let all of my intestines out and they fill me full of water and try to unspin it, and that worked, thank God, I guess, so. I'm not telling you that (when it happened), because I don't want anyone else to know, you're the first person I said it to. The whole thing was hush, hush, hush. The only person that new was the insurance company of the UFC. I don't want anyone saying, "Oh, he was in the hospital, he ain't training." Shit, let's go, I'm ready, there ain't no stopping me. I was in the hospital for me knee and my guts, let's go. I'm a cowboy to the end, so. I'm healthy and great. If anything, it just helped lose weight."
Quote :

I'm going to call him out(Nate Diaz) and get him to fight me in a rematch in Denver, see if he takes the bait. He throws down, I would like to fight him again on the main card and get that fight of the night because it would be another scrap for sure."

Those 2 quotes have me strongly considering picking Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm

OU wrote:

"Cowboy" also revealed that he recently had to make a couple of hospital visits due to staph infection and a serious case of intestine problems which required a lengthy hospital stay. However, he says that none of that will interfere with his performance in Virginia:

Quote :
"This fight was a son of a bitch man. I had staph infection in my knee so bad I had to go into the emergency room and get IV's. I just get out of the hospital and I get pulled right back in because I rolled my stomach. My stomach got twisted, so I did eight more days in the intensive care unit, so, it was pretty sweet man. I twisted one of my intestines right below my stomach, in training. I got into an accident, so my stomach is messed up anyways, from years ago. They were talking about surgery. They were going to try one thing where they let all of my intestines out and they fill me full of water and try to unspin it, and that worked, thank God, I guess, so. I'm not telling you that (when it happened), because I don't want anyone else to know, you're the first person I said it to. The whole thing was hush, hush, hush. The only person that new was the insurance company of the UFC. I don't want anyone saying, "Oh, he was in the hospital, he ain't training." Shit, let's go, I'm ready, there ain't no stopping me. I was in the hospital for me knee and my guts, let's go. I'm a cowboy to the end, so. I'm healthy and great. If anything, it just helped lose weight."
Quote :

I'm going to call him out(Nate Diaz) and get him to fight me in a rematch in Denver, see if he takes the bait. He throws down, I would like to fight him again on the main card and get that fight of the night because it would be another scrap for sure."

Those 2 quotes have me strongly considering picking Jeremy.

I'm sure that completely depends on the result of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th    Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th  Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens, Yves out May 15th
Page 1 of 1