Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm going to show The Grim.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

I'm going to show The Grim..... Empty
PostSubject: I'm going to show The Grim.....   I'm going to show The Grim..... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 3:12 am

a little love.

I know people are upset by his post fight interview, but look at it from his perspective. He was doing really well and let his guard down, telegraphed a slow right i think it was and got popped. Vintage Fedor spotting the fuck up and making em pay. I think Rogers was just very disappointed in himself and so angry he kind of threw class out the window. I understand, and i respect that he's still confident he could take Fedor's ass out when others kind of shake their heads and move on to a huge decline. I actually think Brett Rogers is going to come back stronger after this..Im scared for his next opponent, i'll say that much.

but i will say, Brett Rogers the fighter earned my respect as an MMA fan tonight. He was very composed in the first round, that jab that destroyed Fedors nose would have sent most Heavyweights(including top HW's) on their ass, that GnP he had going for a moment would have finished a lot of HW's, even top ones...what impressed me most about Rogers was how composed he was when the fight got to the ground. He used his size really well, and Fedor was unable to keep position.

I don't care to see the rematch but i think Rogers proved 2 things tonight. 1) He's for real and will be earning some steady paychecks after this fight despite the TKO 2)Fedor has no competition outside the UFC crap is overblown. This fight was very exciting and i was on the edge of my seat, and it was the most competitive fight Fedor has had in years to where for a second there, i thought Rogers size and strength would overcome, i was shitting a brick.

Rogers accomplished me caring what he does next. If he fights Antonio Silva next, im interested in that fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to show The Grim.....   I'm going to show The Grim..... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 3:18 am

Fedor takes your soul. Rogers will lose his next match.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to show The Grim.....   I'm going to show The Grim..... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:18 am

I thought Grim put on a great show against the best fighter in the world and at times I thought he had his chances to maybe end the fight. He did get alittle sloppy with the punch he threw before Fedor ended it but in any fight its hard to fight perfect, hardly any1 does. As for the post fight interview Im with u King chalk it up to frastration and missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to show The Grim.....   I'm going to show The Grim..... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:37 am

I thought Rogers looked good simply because he didn't get Zulu'd. Rogers got in one standing strike that didn't even knock fedor backward. Fedor scored a knockdown in the first and got in more strikes from the ground. The second round wasn't long enough to register. Props to Rogers for not getting Zulu'd. He made the card IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going to show The Grim.....   I'm going to show The Grim..... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going to show The Grim.....
Page 1 of 1