Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!

Go down 
+9
Primetyme199
killerofchicken
OU
cheekynffc
Ziggy116
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
josh200612
oggy420
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Pats or Giants
Giants
Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Pats
Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Peyton Manning is a better QB with a better individual resume as if there is any question. Colts most years have never had the full package(average to mediocre defense) and most of their best years were in a time when the AFC was the real power with the Patriots dynasty, Pittsburgh..now it's not.

Superbowls are team achievements. Eli was amazing and he is clutch, but other than the Packers game it's not like Eli was lighting up the scoreboard...the Giants defense was the x-factor. I don't typically assign superbowl wins or losses to the QB's..it's a thing i don't like about the game.

whilst i agree peyton has been the better QB, eli has been criminally underrated for no other reason than who his brother is imo. this dude won me a fantasy league this year after i got him well down the draft for about $10, he was money in the bank all year long.

delighted the giants won because i'm sick of my team being stuck in a division with those new england cunts.

No doubt. The fact that people still treated Eli like a good QB and not an elite until this year always boggled my mind. Peyton is just better though. He has a much more potent cannon and accuracy in my book. I also think if Peyton was the QB of the Giants, they would not simply squeak into the postseason or even miss it like they have in recent years. Probably would have won the same amount of super bowls with Plaxico and Toomer, and definetly would have put together a 40 TD season with Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham. That's just my opinion. You don't get the same Eli every game out where as Peyton has been consistantly money for awhile although he was similar to Eli in his early seasons. Though Eli has been one of the best postseason QB's in recent memory, however i feel the Giants have had more well rounded teams than the Colts did. Colts always had better offensive teams but i think Peyton has most to do it with..granted the Colts have always had a superior offensive line as well..while the Giants have simply been solid on offense with far better defenses than the Colts have had.

But like Wolf said, Eli still has a lot of time and i have no doubt he'll put together some monstorous numbers through full seasons if he stays healthy and the talent around him remains good.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'd rather have one superbowl over zero, so i'll take Trent Dilfer over Dan Marino.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:20 am

Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I was talking about would you personally rather have Eli's or Peyton's career? not if you're a GM.

Is this a serious question? I'd rather have the guy who carries his team to a 10-6 season or better for over ten straight seasons despite an average defense most of the time. We saw what happens when Peyton isn't playing for the Colts. They went from 10-6 in 2010 to 2-14 in 2011 with essentially the same group of guys minus Peyton.

Eli has shown himself to have the ability to be an elite quarterback but he has shown inconsistency on many occasions. He comes up big in big spots there's no doubt about that but Peyton is the more consistent player. Eli no doubt has the better team around him. He actually has a running game and defense that isn't just two defensive ends who get it done.

I guess a good answer to this is that even if Peyton never plays another snap he's a shoe in for the hall of fame. Had Eli not won a second ring would we be able to say the same thing?

i don't disagree as such but eli has always been a very good QB and even up until this year people talked about him like he was the runt of the litter, which was incredibly unfair imo.

i don't think he cops all that shit if his bro isn't one of the best ever.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 am

Eli was great, but man that Giants team has some talent, amazing WR core and the D ends they can throw at a QB are suffocating.

I don't know if any of you do SB pools, but 7 and 5 at the end of the 3rd QT wons me $600 (Well $500, 2 $50 squares) luckiest hit ever.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:49 pm

LA wrote:
Eli was great, but man that Giants team has some talent, amazing WR core and the D ends they can throw at a QB are suffocating.

I don't know if any of you do SB pools, but 7 and 5 at the end of the 3rd QT wons me $600 (Well $500, 2 $50 squares) luckiest hit ever.

7-5 is sick.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 am

I got made phone calls from pissed off people in the pool, like were like 7 and 5?!? Really? Haha! My buddy also hit on 9 and 0 and took home the 1st and halftime, dude got 2k for those two!!! And you know how he hit that, a safety and a TD to a shutout, then 10-0 Pats in the 2nd, hilarious. The Final score was pretty common...didn't know that dude but he only bought one square so more power to him right..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!   Pats vs Giants rd 2!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pats vs Giants rd 2!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2