Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts

Go down 
+7
MMAEYES
JerseyStyle
oggy420
cascade_run
Wolfgangsta
cheekynffc
Farmer1906
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts Empty
PostSubject: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 am

Although the UFC’s seven-year deal with Fox is still in its infancy, the effects of the deal are beginning to trickle through the MMA world.

The MMA Corner has learned from sources close to the situation that the latest impact is that guns and ammunition sponsors, such as The Gun Store and Ammotogo.com, have been banned from events that take place on the Fox family of networks. It will go into effect on Jan. 23.

Fighters competing at events that air on Fox, FX or Fuel TV will have to find other sponsors for their bouts.

The first such event takes place this Friday, Jan. 20, in Nashville, Tenn., marking the inaugural event on the FX network.

Even at UFC 142, in the preliminary bouts, guns and ammunition sponsors were noticeably absent from both fighter banners and shorts.

At this point in time the ban does not appear to affect pay-per-view main card fighters, but any fighters taking part in Fox-broadcast preliminary card fights will be impacted as they shift from Facebook to Fuel TV in 2012.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/379742/Report-UFC-Gun-sponsors-banned-on-FOX-broadcasts/

--

While FOX can do what it likes and feels is best, but this is a load of shit IMO. They show shows like The Walking Dead and 24 on FX and Fox. Why the hell can't you have a sponsor that sells guns?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:58 pm

gun advertisements are a deliberate attempt to encourage people to buy guns.

i know that many americans have a perverse and unhealthy obsession with guns but you're not seriously telling me there's nothing wrong with that are you?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 pm

I fully support the second amendment but I see where Fox is coming from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

It's all about image, I'm sure there is many things that will change with they way the UFC shows go, once Fox actually gets a grasp of what they have and how do market it, what sponsors there can be, post fight interviews, announcers, I have not seen one ad for the UFC on Fox 2, except for during Football games,I guess they only want to show violence during violence in their minds.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

cheekynffc wrote:

i know that many americans have a perverse and unhealthy obsession with guns but you're not seriously telling me there's nothing wrong with that are you?

There is nothing wrong with buying guns, owning guns, and gun sellers advertising. It just needs to done responsibly.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 pm

weak
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 am

I have a house full of guns. Not one of my guns have ever hurt or killed someone. I have lost a few friends to Bud Light......
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 am

oggy420 wrote:
weak

THIS. But I'm not surprised
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 am

cheekynffc wrote:

What the fuck do you know about my rights Cheeky? My right to arms and that of all Americans keeps my government in check and the bad guys out of my house. You know why we don't get invaded by countries with bigger armies? Because they would get decimated from grandmas, dads, daughters, etc. I like to shoot and so does my only child. You want to put your faith in someone else to protect you when the shit hits the fan? Go ahead dead man, I can protect myself.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm sorry, I thought this was America???
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

What the fuck do you know about my rights Cheeky? My right to arms and that of all Americans keeps my government in check and the bad guys out of my house. You know why we don't get invaded by countries with bigger armies? Because they would get decimated from grandmas, dads, daughters, etc. I like to shoot and so does my only child. You want to put your faith in someone else to protect you when the shit hits the fan? Go ahead dead man, I can protect myself.

i didn't say anything about your rights.

i did suggest that many americans have a perverse and unhealthy obsession with guns though and you're only serving to strengthen my argument here.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 pm

OU wrote:

It is, that is why FOX has the right to pick and choose what they promote on their channels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

It is, that is why FOX has the right to pick and choose what they promote on their channels.
Can they find sponsor replacements? Will The Gun Store be compensated for their loyalty? I guess the UFC is too cool for their old friends? Remember where you came from.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:10 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Can they find sponsor replacements? Will The Gun Store be compensated for their loyalty? I guess the UFC is too cool for their old friends? Remember where you came from.

UFC don't give a shit about no Gun Store. Someone else will pay them to fill the spot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:18 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

UFC don't give a shit about no Gun Store. Someone else will pay them to fill the spot.
I blame Dana White. 100%.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:28 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

i did suggest that many americans have a perverse and unhealthy obsession with guns though and you're only serving to strengthen my argument here.

I also have an obseesion with my right to free speech, my right to representation and all things American. These things and our right to bear arms is what makes us the greatest nation on Earth...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 pm

*UPDATE * - The MMA Corner has learned that the ban includes companies
related to guns, knives, ammunition, and hunting. It will go into
effect on Jan. 23. The ban has been extended to all UFC events, not
just those broadcast on the Fox family of networks.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts Nickdiazgun_large
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 am

cheekynffc wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

I also have an obseesion with my right to free speech, my right to representation and all things American. These things and our right to bear arms is what makes us the greatest nation on Earth...

you're only the greatest nation on earth in your own minds,

and if having the right to wave a gun about is what you think affords you that status you're a lost fucking cause and the last fucker that should ever have the right to handle one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:08 pm

America is lame, like most other places. We are just more flamboyant about our lameness.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27120/the-gun-stores-chris-irwin-disappointed-in-fox-driven-ufc-sponsorship-ban.mma
"If you're not at the pinnacle of this league, if you're not Georges
St-Pierre or the Diaz brothers or those guys up there, some of these
guys don't make a lot of money," Irwin said. "This is really all they
have. So the ones I can help out, I'm going to help out, especially the
local ones here in Vegas that I know personally. But it really is the
fighters that are suffering, and it's kind of unfortunate for them."

That said, Irwin said he doesn't hold the UFC accountable for the decision.

"I don't think for a second this has anything to do with the UFC
office," Irwin said. "I've talked to Dana White before. He was
incredibly cordial with me. I know a lot of people over there, and I'm
just very well-received over there. We have a good working relationship,
and I think this is just something where the UFC's hands are tied due
to the network."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:21 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/26/2735787/nate-quarry-ufc-weapons-ban-gives-perspective-the-gun-store
Quote :
An MMA fighter has an agent that he pays, a team he fights for that he trains at, that he pays, if he's good and has the money he has a muay thai coach, a Jits coach, a strength and conditioning coach, a diet coach and someone to help him cut weight. And if he just made it to the big shows he MAY make 30k for the year. Minus 20% for management and training at least then a third for taxes and you're sitting at about 16k to live on for the entire year.Sponsors have always been a huge source of income for fighters. I can't tell you how many times a sponsor showed up at just the right time and gave me food money. Literally.

When I fought Pete Sell the second time I was sponsored by Toyo tires. For two fights I had their logo on my shorts. For what? A set of tires. That would be about $800. $400 for two fights on primetime that have been shown over and over. Why did I do it? Because I was driving around on my spare and one other tire was filled with fix a flat. The belts were showing on the other tires.

You want to see the best a fighter can be? Buy his gear. Support the brands that sponsor
him and send the companies emails letting them know you're buying theirprotein because they're sponsoring someone.
What's that you say? If you don't like it then quit? I do like it. In fact, I love it.
That's why I lived in my buddies basement 2 nights a week to save on gas money. And I rode with other friends to practice to save on gas money. And I packed a lunch to practice. And I only wore clothes sponsors and other more successful fighters would give me. And I'd do it all over again.
If you got into fighting to be rich, you chose the wrong sport. Do it for the love and
if you get rich that's a nice bonus. But having those sponsors can sure make the ride easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts   Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun sponsors banned from FOX broadcasts
Page 1 of 1