[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 How about them DUCKS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:03 pm

I rarely come in and just start talking shit. But I'm telling you right now that other than Texas, I don't think a team in the country can run with the Ducks. We have seen both Alabama and Florida show us their holes in the last few weeks, and I think it's fair to say both are pretty overrated. It's too freaking bad that the Ducks came out and laid an egg in their season opener against another overrated team in the Broncos (Can't come out flat even if it's trying to get used to a new coach). That game right there is going to keep the rest of the country from seeing the hottest team in the country in the title game. The system as a whole is going to likely keep the two best teams out once again... Can we ever get rid of the BCS and get a freaking 8 team playoff?

Alright, now I'm done laying down my jinx... If the Ducks go out and lose 2 of their last 4, I'm sorry Duck fans...lol
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Who is the other best team that is going to be kept out?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Brain Farted and forgot that the BCS has already given the title game to Texas v. the SEC winner. Texas will belong while the SEC winner probably won't. All we can do is hope that teams start getting upset at the top. Then again, if 4 or 5 teams go undefeated, the outcry from people screaming from the rooftops will be too loud for college football to ignore. The BCS is a joke and everyone but the college Presidents and those employed by the BCS know it (The others know it too, just can't admit it obviously).

Sad thing is looking at remaining schedules, Bama and Florida are almost shoe-ins to not lose until the SEC title game. Texas could get a test from A&M, but I doubt it. Hopefully Iowa gets smacked by Ohio St. to knock them out of the picture. Cincy will get a test from Pitt, but I think they will stay undefeated. TCU could get beat by Utah, but it's a home game and I think they are better than Utah. And of course Boise St. plays in the easiest conference in the country and should beat their remaining opponents by 3 or more TD's per game.

My prediction is that we see Bama, Texas, Cincy, TCU and Boise St. all end undefeated... A BCS nightmare. I can deal with the Ducks getting shit on for their opening game loss if it means that the BCS disappears and we get a playoff in the next few years!!!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : The Dirty 330- Ohio

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:06 pm

I want a playoff system too, unfortunately it will NOT happen anytime soon, no matter how many fans cry about it.

It will be Florida vs. Texas for the NCG.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Obama can take over all other private enterprises, why can't he do something useful and get a play off?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I want a playoff system too, unfortunately it will NOT happen anytime soon, no matter how many fans cry about it.

It will be Florida vs. Texas for the NCG.

Too true... No matter how much the average fan whines, as long as he keeps feeding the pig no changes will be made. The Presidents won't take notice unless the stands are empty and the sponsors are hiding. Never going to happen. Short of an act of congress, we are stuck year after year knowing that the team holding the trophy really isn't the best team in the country at the time. Last year, USC was the best team in the country at the final bell and not too many would argue that. Right now, Texas and Oregon are far and away the best teams and that could change in the next 6 weeks... The top 8 should go through a 3 week playoff starting mid-December culminating in the title game first weekend of January. Every sport gets it right except for D-1 college football. College Presidents excuse #1 - It would negatively impact the student athlete's studies...? WTF???... Amazing.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:02 pm

LTFG u need to watch more football lol. Just because u have a close game doesnt mean u are overrated!!! The Ducks are good but Florida would beat them by 2 touchdowns and Alabama would probably do the same. USC was overrated if any1. The last couple weeks they gave up 27 points to norte Dame and what like 28 to Oregon State! The Ducks wont have a shot because texas will finish undefeated and so will 1 of the SEC teams. The Pac ten is weak and that really hurts Oregon.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Obama can take over all other private enterprises, why can't he do something useful and get a play off?

Wait... Wasn't that part of his platform? Wasn't he campaigning for a playoff? Are the economy, bailouts, Olympic bids, health care, energy, education and all this other crap really more important than the football National Championship layout? I think he loses if he runs today just because he never followed through with this most important issue. His priorities have run amuck...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:17 pm

timthebim wrote:
LTFG u need to watch more football lol. Just because u have a close game doesnt mean u are overrated!!! The Ducks are good but Florida would beat them by 2 touchdowns and Alabama would probably do the same. USC was overrated if any1. The last couple weeks they gave up 27 points to norte Dame and what like 28 to Oregon State! The Ducks wont have a shot because texas will finish undefeated and so will 1 of the SEC teams. The Pac ten is weak and that really hurts Oregon.

I watch every game of consequence every Saturday... Including the west coast games that go into Sunday morning. No one said close games mean you're overrated. Playing worse and worse every week with inept offense and solid defense that saves your ass make you overrated. Suggesting USC is overrated because they allow scores in the 20's is like me saying Bama's overrated because they don't score 20. Keep it in perspective, Tim. BTW Tim, I am not the only one saying this. Almost every analyst not affiliated with the SEC has been saying the same thing for a few weeks now. Texas and Oregon are in a league of their own right now.

And yes, we all know that the Ducks and a handful of other teams are getting screwed out of a shot under this system. That's what this thread has become about.

About that "weak" Pac-10 that you probably watch one or two games a year from... They went 5-0 in bowl games last year. Half the conference was represented and all of them won. What really hurts the conference is that most of the voters are asleep when they're playing games, and that USC has built a dynasty since 2002 that no other team in the country comes close to matching. With USC dominating in that fashion, most of the dolts around the country that never tune in to watch think the rest of the conference is equal to the military academies for letting team run the table that long. I'm feeling like you're in that category by your inaccurate statements...
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar
Posts : 3362
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 39
Location : atlanta

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:05 pm

I give oregon credit but cant say they are better than UF or alabama but in the same league. war longhorns
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:24 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
timthebim wrote:
LTFG u need to watch more football lol. Just because u have a close game doesnt mean u are overrated!!! The Ducks are good but Florida would beat them by 2 touchdowns and Alabama would probably do the same. USC was overrated if any1. The last couple weeks they gave up 27 points to norte Dame and what like 28 to Oregon State! The Ducks wont have a shot because texas will finish undefeated and so will 1 of the SEC teams. The Pac ten is weak and that really hurts Oregon.

I watch every game of consequence every Saturday... Including the west coast games that go into Sunday morning. No one said close games mean you're overrated. Playing worse and worse every week with inept offense and solid defense that saves your ass make you overrated. Suggesting USC is overrated because they allow scores in the 20's is like me saying Bama's overrated because they don't score 20. Keep it in perspective, Tim. BTW Tim, I am not the only one saying this. Almost every analyst not affiliated with the SEC has been saying the same thing for a few weeks now. Texas and Oregon are in a league of their own right now.

And yes, we all know that the Ducks and a handful of other teams are getting screwed out of a shot under this system. That's what this thread has become about.

About that "weak" Pac-10 that you probably watch one or two games a year from... They went 5-0 in bowl games last year. Half the conference was represented and all of them won. What really hurts the conference is that most of the voters are asleep when they're playing games, and that USC has built a dynasty since 2002 that no other team in the country comes close to matching. With USC dominating in that fashion, most of the dolts around the country that never tune in to watch think the rest of the conference is equal to the military academies for letting team run the table that long. I'm feeling like you're in that category by your inaccurate statements...



LTFG I literally watch every game i can including Pac 10 games late Saturday nights but ur ignorant to the facts if u think Oregon is better than Florida or Alabama. Neither of these 2 would have went out and laid an egg against Boise State on national tv. Oregon didnt just lose they were dominated. Oh by the way the Pac 10 is weak. If u know any thing about bowl games there are the BCS games and then there are alot of other games that mean nothing that alot of teams dont want to play in. So what the Pac 10 went 5-0 last year this year they can easily go 1-4 or something. The conference is badand thats fact right there. Oregon is hot but I havent heard any1 talking about having them jump Florida or Alabama yet. Facts are facts if Texas wins out and the winner of Florida and Alabama will be in the title game. Oregon doent even have an arrugument. So every year there is some charity case that thinks they derserve to be in and just about every year its some Pac 10 whiners. Its always been USC after losing to Oregon State every year but now here comes poor old Oregon that cant beat every1 on there schedule but wants a playoff so they got a chance for the title lol. Sorry beat every1 on ur schedule then u get the title shot Pac 10.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:28 pm

That's huge props coming from someone in the middle of SEC country... And I know you're only saying it with such enthusiasm because you have watched the Ducks play every game over the last month... Shocked
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:41 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
That's huge props coming from someone in the middle of SEC country... And I know you're only saying it with such enthusiasm because you have watched the Ducks play every game over the last month... Shocked

Dude Im from Detroit Im a Big 10 guy not an SEC fan at all but more than that Im a football fan. LTFG for knowing so much about football ur bad in geography lol. I have no ties to the SEC or the Pac 10 I hate them both equally but I dont know how u argue they deserve to be in a title game more than the SEC winner? Doesnt matter Oregon still has to play Arizona State and Arizona plus the rivalry game against Oregon State so they will probably play them selves out anyways with another loss.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 pm

timthebim wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
timthebim wrote:
LTFG u need to watch more football lol. Just because u have a close game doesnt mean u are overrated!!! The Ducks are good but Florida would beat them by 2 touchdowns and Alabama would probably do the same. USC was overrated if any1. The last couple weeks they gave up 27 points to norte Dame and what like 28 to Oregon State! The Ducks wont have a shot because texas will finish undefeated and so will 1 of the SEC teams. The Pac ten is weak and that really hurts Oregon.

I watch every game of consequence every Saturday... Including the west coast games that go into Sunday morning. No one said close games mean you're overrated. Playing worse and worse every week with inept offense and solid defense that saves your ass make you overrated. Suggesting USC is overrated because they allow scores in the 20's is like me saying Bama's overrated because they don't score 20. Keep it in perspective, Tim. BTW Tim, I am not the only one saying this. Almost every analyst not affiliated with the SEC has been saying the same thing for a few weeks now. Texas and Oregon are in a league of their own right now.

And yes, we all know that the Ducks and a handful of other teams are getting screwed out of a shot under this system. That's what this thread has become about.

About that "weak" Pac-10 that you probably watch one or two games a year from... They went 5-0 in bowl games last year. Half the conference was represented and all of them won. What really hurts the conference is that most of the voters are asleep when they're playing games, and that USC has built a dynasty since 2002 that no other team in the country comes close to matching. With USC dominating in that fashion, most of the dolts around the country that never tune in to watch think the rest of the conference is equal to the military academies for letting team run the table that long. I'm feeling like you're in that category by your inaccurate statements...



LTFG I literally watch every game i can including Pac 10 games late Saturday nights but ur ignorant to the facts if u think Oregon is better than Florida or Alabama. Neither of these 2 would have went out and laid an egg against Boise State on national tv. Oregon didnt just lose they were dominated. Oh by the way the Pac 10 is weak. If u know any thing about bowl games there are the BCS games and then there are alot of other games that mean nothing that alot of teams dont want to play in. So what the Pac 10 went 5-0 last year this year they can easily go 1-4 or something. The conference is badand thats fact right there. Oregon is hot but I havent heard any1 talking about having them jump Florida or Alabama yet. Facts are facts if Texas wins out and the winner of Florida and Alabama will be in the title game. Oregon doent even have an arrugument. So every year there is some charity case that thinks they derserve to be in and just about every year its some Pac 10 whiners. Its always been USC after losing to Oregon State every year but now here comes poor old Oregon that cant beat every1 on there schedule but wants a playoff so they got a chance for the title lol. Sorry beat every1 on ur schedule then u get the title shot Pac 10.

Easy Tim, I think it's pretty obvious you don't follow along as close as you say or you would have somewhat of a clue. Oregon would blow boise St. out by 35 today. Anyone watching knows that. No ones talking about week one here. We are talking about who's playiong the best right now. A team that's laying the wood to top-10's or teams that are struggling against middle of the road teams? And you continue to spew ignorance by suggesting the Pac-10 is weak. Someone has to lose those side bowl games kiddo, and the Pac-10 is winning whatever BCS game they're in along with those bowl games. It's a fact because Tim in Detroit says so?... Please. You act like they mean nothing... Hey, tell you what... All wins and losses mean nothing unless you make the BCS title game. All conferences mean nothing, it's only about the winner of the title game every year... Yeah. C'mon Tim...

No ones talking about jumping because voting is by default. You hold position until you lose unless someone wins big while you're idle. That's why Texas jumped Bama. If all things hold true, everyone at the top keeps winning, but the teams with 1 loss keep winning by 3-4 TD's while the top-5 keep winning by a TD, the ranks don't move. Are you new to this?

And yes, we have covered the "facts" about how it's going to play out this year at some length in this thread. Thanks for the update. Beat everyone on your schedule and then you get a shot? What are you going to say to the 2 or 3 teams with perfect records that don't get a shot this year Tim? Because there will be 4 to 5 unbeatens this year. In all other sports should we just teall everyone to play until there are 2 unbeatens and then the seasons over while those two play for the title? Is it everyone else that has it right, or college football? There needs to be a playoff to decide a true national champion. This isn't new this season. Did you just start following college ball last month, Tim? This has been in debate for decades regardless of where you live or what teams you follow. You have completely misinterpreted my posts if you think I'm screaming that Oregon should be in the title game. I'm saying that there needs to be a standard playoff format to allow the teams playing the best to duke it out at the end of the year. It's the only sport that allows a bunch of money hungry Presidents to control a corrupted system to benefit their wallets while a group of different deserving teams are left scratching their heads year after year. If you think that Florida was truly the best team in the country at the end of the season last year... If you truly believe LSU was the best team in the country the year before at seasons end... You're an idiot. Very rarely is their NO debate as to who the best team was at the end of the season. There's no closure with college football... Just conjecture.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:09 pm

timthebim wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
That's huge props coming from someone in the middle of SEC country... And I know you're only saying it with such enthusiasm because you have watched the Ducks play every game over the last month... Shocked

Dude Im from Detroit Im a Big 10 guy not an SEC fan at all but more than that Im a football fan. LTFG for knowing so much about football ur bad in geography lol. I have no ties to the SEC or the Pac 10 I hate them both equally but I dont know how u argue they deserve to be in a title game more than the SEC winner? Doesnt matter Oregon still has to play Arizona State and Arizona plus the rivalry game against Oregon State so they will probably play them selves out anyways with another loss.

Yeah, I was talking to Kevin... I just didn't quote him and you posted while I was responding. But I wouldn't expect someone as sharp as you to actually stop and take a look just in case before making an ass of himself... You're not helping your cause here Tim. And again, I have not said once that Oregon deserves to be in a title game. I've said they are playing the best ball along with Texas, and there needs to be a playoff to include hot teams at the end of the season. Talk about someone who's bad at something... Reading and comprehension is a struggle for you, isn't it Tim.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Its a struggle only when im reading something from some1 who knows shit about what he is talking about! Florida and Alabama have been the more consistant BECAUSE THEY HAVENT LOSS A GAME!!!! Maybe u will understand that someday. U cant say Oregon has beat there last 3 or 4 opponents by 28 so they should be ranked higher than teams that play in the best conference that are undefeated! There isnt logic behind that dude. U cry out for a playoff but it aint happening so JUST STOP IT PLEASE. If u dont like the format quit watching. I may not even argue that Oregon would beat Boise state in a rematch but they had there chance and fell flat. Pac 10 has Oregon, USC, and maybe Arizona that are good teams so I think its safe to say the Pac 10 is weak. There will be Texas, the SEC winner, TCU, Boise State, and maybe Cincinnati that will go undefeated and they can all cry as much as they want but even if Florida and alabama need triple overtime every week to beat all there opponents if they stay undefeated they will be in the title game. One more time for the road LTFG the PAC 10 sucks lol and even with a 8 team playoff Oregon still might not get in so I look forward to ur response u actually sound like ur getting mad at me over there lol. Take it easy its just a college football debate and every1 has there own opion.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:46 pm

timthebim wrote:
Its a struggle only when im reading something from some1 who knows shit about what he is talking about! Florida and Alabama have been the more consistant BECAUSE THEY HAVENT LOSS A GAME!!!! Maybe u will understand that someday. U cant say Oregon has beat there last 3 or 4 opponents by 28 so they should be ranked higher than teams that play in the best conference that are undefeated! There isnt logic behind that dude. U cry out for a playoff but it aint happening so JUST STOP IT PLEASE. If u dont like the format quit watching. I may not even argue that Oregon would beat Boise state in a rematch but they had there chance and fell flat. Pac 10 has Oregon, USC, and maybe Arizona that are good teams so I think its safe to say the Pac 10 is weak. There will be Texas, the SEC winner, TCU, Boise State, and maybe Cincinnati that will go undefeated and they can all cry as much as they want but even if Florida and alabama need triple overtime every week to beat all there opponents if they stay undefeated they will be in the title game. One more time for the road LTFG the PAC 10 sucks lol and even with a 8 team playoff Oregon still might not get in so I look forward to ur response u actually sound like ur getting mad at me over there lol. Take it easy its just a college football debate and every1 has there own opion.

Wait... So you're trying to tell me that two teams declining and playing worse every week are more consistent than a team that is getting stronger and stronger every week, because the latter team lost its first game of the season? Huh? Do you even think before you type, Tim? And Tim, will you stop making shit up? Where have I said that Oregon should be ranked higher than anyone else? Was that right after I said that close games mean you’re overrated or right after I said that Oregon should be jumping other teams in the polls??? And you can keep on your dimwitted stance all you want, but fact is most of America wants a playoff system. The coaches want it, the fans want it, the players want it, the media wants it... The only ones who don't are the sponsors, the college Presidents, the fans, players and coaches of the BCS winning team any given season and a few scattered idiots on the internet that scream BCS whenever it fits their argument of the day. Paper champions are just that... It should be decided on the field of play just like every other sport. And your baseless blasting of the conference is a joke. 75% of your post is dedicated to pointless assbabble. Look for a new hobby, Tim.

Can you do me a favor and PM me a list of the winning Powerball numbers for tonight's drawing? If you're clairvoyant enough to hear my emotion through internet posts, your abilities must extend to seeing the future, talking to spirits and maybe even mind reading?

You have taken a thread about how impressive the Ducks are looking right now and the need for a playoff system and turned it into a Wolfy type tirade. You're better than that kiddo...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Ur the 1 who begun the ass babble lol. If ur not saying they should jump Florida or bama in the polls how do u say it should be Texas vs Oregon right now then? What are they going to be ranked 5th or 6th and play Texas??? They will have to jump somebody for ur BS to happen. Then like I said every year there are teams and Media personalities that say we need a playoff when it favors them also. So come on that arguement works both ways. U arent going to hear texas talking about a playoff this year cause the BCS will work for them so alot of it comes down to how it affects the team you are on or root for. Like I said the Ducks will lose another game anyways and this wont matter but still argue for a playoff that they wouldnt be invited too anyways lol. Im having fun talking to you LTFG and if I get time later I will send u those numbers u want lol have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:17 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ur the 1 who begun the ass babble lol. If ur not saying they should jump Florida or bama in the polls how do u say it should be Texas vs Oregon right now then? What are they going to be ranked 5th or 6th and play Texas??? They will have to jump somebody for ur BS to happen. Then like I said every year there are teams and Media personalities that say we need a playoff when it favors them also. So come on that arguement works both ways. U arent going to hear texas talking about a playoff this year cause the BCS will work for them so alot of it comes down to how it affects the team you are on or root for. Like I said the Ducks will lose another game anyways and this wont matter but still argue for a playoff that they wouldnt be invited too anyways lol. Im having fun talking to you LTFG and if I get time later I will send u those numbers u want lol have a nice day.

Somewhere along the line I mistakingly figured you for someone with a brain... But you really are a dumb shit. Again, please, somewhere in this thread show me where I suggested that they should jump someone. Show me where I said they should be ranked higher. All I have said is that one of the two teams that's playing the best right now is going to be on the outside looking in because of this flawed system. And so are 2-3 other undefeated teams when all is said and done. Reading and comprehension truly is a mystery to you Tim, or you wouldn't be fucking this up so badly. And again, the rest of your assbabble we have already covered... Eh, regardless I'm I'm done trying to dumb things down any more for you to understand. If you haven't figured out how to read and understand direct statements and attempt to draw your own conclusions in life, I can't help you. I think stupidity is contageous and I feel myself slipping to your level...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:43 pm

LTFG in ur very first statement it says Texas will be playing the SEC winner which will probably not deserve to be there lol. My arguement is they do belong there if they are undefeated. Please dont come to my level stay up there where u are where every thing u say is right and when some1 else has an opion it is wrong. Dont bother me none but quit making threads for Pac 10 teams because in a week or 2 they will be whining enough just like every year.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:19 pm

Well now we can end this thread for real after the choke job the Ducks laid against Stanford. Wonder how many people will be saying Oregon was more impressive than Alabama this week who by the way beat a top 10 team. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy
Posts : 2578
Join date : 2009-07-20
Age : 108
Location : Bend, OR.

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Tim, I agree that after the loss the Ducks wouldn't belong in that 8 team playoff. The polls no longer have them in the top-8 (For now). Funny thing is it's a what have you done for me lately world. USC scores 14 and eeks out a win and is now ranked higher due to the Ducks defense inability to stop one guy that carried the ball for 1/2 of the Cardinal offensive plays. But after the Ducks wacked the Trojans do we really believe the Trojans are better? BUT, this is exactly why there needs to be a playoff. The Bucs ran over the Packers yesterday, but do we really believe they are a better team? My God, last year a 9-7 Arizona team would have won the Superbowl if not for a mile long return for a TD by Harrison. The year before that the 10-6 Giants beat the "unbeatable" and undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl. It's completely ignorant to think for a second that the bowl system is a good system and gives us a definitive champion.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm

I agree its not the best system but it is what we have and ur absoulutely right about USC over Oregon lol. USC I found are normally ranked higher than they really deserve to be every year, but they have earned it over the years. U know my stand on the Pac 10 but if nothing else the games are very interesting. The team I was most happy to see lose was Iowa cause they had no business talking National Championship at all. Eventually like me and u both agree it will be Texas vs Florida/Alabama and I guess in the world where there are no real dominant teams I guess thats the best game out there. As for the pros I think the best team rarely wins even with a playoff. I dont think the Giants was better the Patriots and ur right Tampa isnt better than Green Bay either so it happens. Well looks like after all the argueing back and fourth me and u are pretty much on the same page now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




How about them DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about them DUCKS   How about them DUCKS Empty

Back to top Go down
 
How about them DUCKS
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: