Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?

Go down 
+8
EliteAcidBurn
Ninja
OU
LTFG
Farmer1906
captain organic
SOKO
KingsOwn19
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 am

http://twitter.com/RealKimboSlice

"HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM"

No real confirmation to me but the sherdoggers are all hyped up and calling it confirmed.

My reaction?

Neutral

Not only did Dana go back on his word as Kimbo completley failed to get through the ultimate fighter, but they give him an opponent that won't expose Kimbo as a backyard fighter by taking him to the ground. I think Dana put his Gary Shaw tuxedo on because this is exactly the tailor made shit EliteXC was doing to raise the excitement for Kimbo. Only here, UFC org is not dependent on Kimbo so they can throw him one dimensional scrubs that will bang all year, basically a sideshow like Butterbean was for the boxing cards. Yay.

Sorry, i never hoped on the "Im actually rooting for Kimbo" bandwagon. He seems like a nice guy via TuF editing and maybe he is, thats beside the point. Frank Lester was a nice guy with a mammoth heart but where is he now? Nowhere because he had no game and no technique, but UFC validating Kimbo just for the money is a hit to what UFC was supposedly all about a year ago, but it was just typical Dana being butthurt that he did not have the draw and now that he does he's doing the same bullshit.

I pick Kimbo. This can set up the long awaited rematch with Bo Cantrell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:37 am

Kimbo Slice FTW
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Kimbo Slice FTW

Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? Cptsisco
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:20 am

houston by speed and power kimbo will get knocked out and made a fool of. Not to be smart you guys ever think dana brought kimbo in this just to expose him for the last time along with the great ratings.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:38 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
houston by speed and power kimbo will get knocked out and made a fool of. Not to be smart you guys ever think dana brought kimbo in this just to expose him for the last time along with the great ratings.

he brought him in strictly for the ratings. If he wanted to embarrass kimbo he would have given him a heavyweight with a ground game, not a 205er with no ground game.

I assume this is at heavyweight. I give Kimbo a shot. Could actually be an entertaining fight.

And Dana once again validates himself as a clown.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:21 pm

captain organic wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:

he brought him in strictly for the ratings. If he wanted to embarrass kimbo he would have given him a heavyweight with a ground game, not a 205er with no ground game.

I assume this is at heavyweight. I give Kimbo a shot. Could actually be an entertaining fight.

And Dana once again validates himself as a clown.

agreed
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Kimbo is more eyeballs on MMA. The difference now is that he isn't being shown as a main event contender, but as a guy who has enjoyable fights to bring in better ratings. This is the same reason Antoni Hardonk vs. Patrick Barry got on TV over Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen. Frankly I enjoy it. I like exciting fights with interesting fighters.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:19 pm

And I don"t have an issue as long as they are knowing what he is, and what it is. The only thing that got under my skin about the Elite XC days was them hyping him to be the next great thing and the rush of know nothing fans that hit the boards in its wake. If the UFC wants to employ him and put him as the #5 fight on a PPV or a free Spike card trading with another striker for our entertainment, I'm all for it. The second they start hyping him like the main event or give him co-headline status on a PPV, I will be the first to slap Dana in the back of the head next time I see him...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:20 pm

As long as this fight is not a focal point of the card, I don't mind them putting it on the main card but no where near the main event. Not even co-main event worthy for a Fight Night event IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 pm

They should just make this fight a grappling match and we could finally know who has the worst BJJ in MMA.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Kimbo Slice FTW

Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? Cptsisco

Very Happy LOL
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

yea not even close to main event or co main event, but lets be honest ,no matter where it is on the card, everyone here eye's will be watching it no doubt
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Hell yeah I think it is a very interesting fight and some1 could get put in a coma. Who doesnt like watching 2 sluggers slug it out? Kimbo vs Houston is a great fight to me besides who wants to see Kimbo versus a BJJ guy that will beat him in a boring fight cause he doesnt have the skills to stop it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Kimbo is more eyeballs on MMA. The difference now is that he isn't being shown as a main event contender, but as a guy who has enjoyable fights to bring in better ratings. This is the same reason Antoni Hardonk vs. Patrick Barry got on TV over Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen. Frankly I enjoy it. I like exciting fights with interesting fighters.

True, but in Elite he was the main attraction. Why wouldn't Elite, who in terms of talent was far inferior to the UFC use him as their main event? UFC puttin him anywhere on a PPV, imo is equivalent to Elite puttin him in the main event.

Now UFC is much smarter then elite in that they will not pay him $500k a fight, but that does not minimize the hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Lawler, Diaz, Rogers, Alvarez, Buentello, Lombard, Smith, Ninja, Nelson, Shields, Radach, Daley, Villasenor, Noons, etc.... There are plently of guys that have more talent & are proven fighters that could and should have been main events over Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:57 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

True, but in Elite he was the main attraction. Why wouldn't Elite, who in terms of talent was far inferior to the UFC use him as their main event? UFC puttin him anywhere on a PPV, imo is equivalent to Elite puttin him in the main event.

Now UFC is much smarter then elite in that they will not pay him $500k a fight, but that does not minimize the hypocrisy.

Because freak shows always draw more than actually talent.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Because freak shows always draw more than actually talent.

You answered the question "why WOULD elite use him in the main event?" not "why WOULDN'T Elite use him in the main event?"

But it points to the UFC's hypocricy either way.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Lawler, Diaz, Rogers, Alvarez, Buentello, Lombard, Smith, Ninja, Nelson, Shields, Radach, Daley, Villasenor, Noons, etc.... There are plently of guys that have more talent & are proven fighters that could and should have been main events over Kimbo.

and there are plenty of guys in the UFC with more talent then Kimbo that should get the spot on the televised card that Kimbo will fill. Very similar situation.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:09 am

Actually, Dana only ever said that Kimbo had to go THROUGH the Ultimate Fighter...He never said he had to win the show, just that he had to finish it. So technically all Kimbo had to do was not get kicked off the show to get a contract.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Why is it a catchweight? Just make it an open weight bout. My money is on Houston Alexander.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:34 pm

I think commissions need catchweights. When was the last openweight bout in the UFC?

Also men, mind stop crying about Kimbo? King and capt are two of the more respectable guys here, but I gotta call you out on this men. Dana and the UFC never went back on anything, they never did anything hypocritical and they have done nothing wrong. All they ever said was Kimbo had to do tuf. Never said he had to win it.

You live in a fantasy dream world of gay elves rubbing butter on their nipples if you think the UFC was ever an organization that would always value straight talent or whatever over ratings/ppv draws. It is not so now, and it has never been that way ever. Tus there is no way the UFC is being hypocritical or wrong here since there has never been an expectation of anything else than exactly what they're doing.

Kimbo is a drew McFedres with a fan following. Why on Earth wouldn't they put him on a PPV card? It is non-rational to be "upset" with the UFC for putting him on a main card since that is how they've always rolled.

Kimbo is here to stay. Suck it up. Stop whining.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:03 pm

I've always liked Kimbo

My gripe is with everyone, the UFC and fans on this board included, who once went on and on about what a clown Kimbo is, but now think it's cool if he is on a UFC ppv because he fought in and lost his only fight on the worst season in the history of tuf.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Actually Wolfy I think Dana said Kimbo needed to win one.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 pm

I dont know if he just had to compete or win 1 fight but either way I wouldnt mind watching him fight Houston on a ppv card at all. All 1 minute of the fight will be great lol.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 pm

captain organic wrote:
I've always liked Kimbo

My gripe is with everyone, the UFC and fans on this board included, who once went on and on about what a clown Kimbo is, but now think it's cool if he is on a UFC ppv because he fought in and lost his only fight on the worst season in the history of tuf.

I don't, I still think he is a clown. I favor Houston over him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?   Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo vs. Houston confirmed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next