Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NBA Discussion Thread

Go down 
+10
Ziggy116
josh200612
timthebim
MMAEYES
cascade_run
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
OU
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Tyson Chandler signs with the Knicks. Caron Butler with the Clippers. No more titles for the Mavs.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Tyson Chandler signs with the Knicks. Caron Butler with the Clippers. No more titles for the Mavs.
they can still acquire a center... don't count Cuban out, ever lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Yeah becase Caron Butt was so key to their title. Chandler was disappear re-appear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Chandler was their defense. They wont win it without him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Nobody expected them to win it again with him anyway. Mavs were a veteran team that climbed through the window of oppurtunity before it closed for good.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:05 am

Is anybody more unlucky than Portland?

Roy retires at 27 because he has old man knees

Oden has another set back because he has old man knees and old man facial features..shit, i still don't believe that Oden is not 41 years old but actually younger than me.

LeMarcus Aldridge has some freak condition and is going to have surgery on his heart, out indefinitely.

For now on, just pick the wing man...i don't care if it's Kareem thats projected to go 1..pick the wing player
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Oden has another set back because he has old man knees and old man facial features..shit, i still don't believe that Oden is not 41 years old but actually younger than me.

LeMarcus Aldridge has some freak condition and is going to have surgery on his heart, out indefinitely.

For now on, just pick the wing man...i don't care if it's Kareem thats projected to go 1..pick the wing player

Lol, can't believe they could've had Durant palm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Lamar Odom to the Mavs for a trade exception Shocked
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:40 pm

and a first rounder... im baffled tbh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:50 pm

The 1st rounder will be in the high 20's so wont help much.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:59 pm

freakzilla wrote:
The 1st rounder will be in the high 20's so wont help much.
trade value
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 pm

A part of me thinks the Lakers want to get picks and trade exceptions to make a run at Dwight Howard with a Bynum package, but for some reason i don't think Cuban would make that deal to help them unless he knew it would take both Bynum and Gasol to get Mr. Overrated. In that case, i think the Lakers get worse.

Howard-Kobe would be the impoverished version of Shaq-Kobe...only Kobe is on the decline and Shaq is a couple inches shorter, with no go to move, and less overall skills. Once Howard loses some of that athleticism, which will happen when he's around 30 he'll be a richer mans Jermaine O Neal.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 am

Wow
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 am

Killer, you have zero credibility so go wow yourself into traffic.

You are the target audience they market shoes to, thats why you are conveniently a Lakers fan and a LeBron supporter who lives in some mud hump state like Iowa. You can't look at Dwight Howard and notice that he really isnt a dominant OFFENSIVE low post player and he's not really the type of big man who anchors a great defense like they paint him out to be. Notice how Orlando has never been a good defensive team? why is it that great defensive big men usually play on great defensive teams as well with them as the main reason that is? Orlando's D went from average to a joke depending on the night. Howard's great defense is similar to the "great" defense of Marcus Camby who has all these great defensive stats but never really were stoppers..Howard is a physical speciman and grabs a lot of rebounds and has nasty dunks. Cool. But if they trade Gasol and Bynum for him, along with having lost Odom..how are they better? They lose more offense than they gain. They lose more rebounding between those three guys. They lose depth. They don't all of a sudden become a great defensive team because interior defense was never their problem. It's different if Gasol stays and it's just Bynum, then they get better.. but LA is so desperate to bridge the gap to the next superstar that they are willing to blow up a championship core that really just needs to replace Derek Fisher with a comptent athlete, defender, and shooter to be back in the finals

I won't forget the olympics where under REAL non superstar treatment basketball rules where going over the back, goal tending, charging, 3 seconds in the key, and throwing elbows was frowned upon, Dwight Howard was completely useless and contributed nothing. I used to think he was greatness up until then...but then i discovered he was somewhat overrated and now with this drama, kind of a punk too.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 am

The Lakers would downgrade significantly with the addition of Howard in return for the loss of Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. That's not even debatable. They would be a mediocre team honestly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

You are the target audience they market shoes to, thats why you are conveniently a Lakers fan and a LeBron supporter who lives in some mud hump state like Iowa. You can't look at Dwight Howard and notice that he really isnt a dominant OFFENSIVE low post player and he's not really the type of big man who anchors a great defense like they paint him out to be. Notice how Orlando has never been a good defensive team? why is it that great defensive big men usually play on great defensive teams as well with them as the main reason that is? Orlando's D went from average to a joke depending on the night. Howard's great defense is similar to the "great" defense of Marcus Camby who has all these great defensive stats but never really were stoppers..Howard is a physical speciman and grabs a lot of rebounds and has nasty dunks. Cool. But if they trade Gasol and Bynum for him, along with having lost Odom..how are they better? They lose more offense than they gain. They lose more rebounding between those three guys. They lose depth. They don't all of a sudden become a great defensive team because interior defense was never their problem. It's different if Gasol stays and it's just Bynum, then they get better.. but LA is so desperate to bridge the gap to the next superstar that they are willing to blow up a championship core that really just needs to replace Derek Fisher with a comptent athlete, defender, and shooter to be back in the finals

I won't forget the olympics where under REAL non superstar treatment basketball rules where going over the back, goal tending, charging, 3 seconds in the key, and throwing elbows was frowned upon, Dwight Howard was completely useless and contributed nothing. I used to think he was greatness up until then...but then i discovered he was somewhat overrated and now with this drama, kind of a punk too.

They were the 4th best defensive team last season. Orlando only allowed 93.74 ppg and their opponents only shot 0.436 from the field. I agree though that Bynum and Gasol for Howard is an awful trade for the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

hey dumbass? who am i suppose to support in this mud hole? the iowa cornhuskers? yeah ok smart ass
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 am

and if you're discrediting howard then you should really have no say in this thread, the guy took his team to the finals on his back... go cry about the 2004 kings team which you seam to get a hard on every time it's mentioned
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 pm

U mad

...and on his back? Yeah..it must have been hard carrying Rashard Lewis who was dropping 20 per game in the post season, Hedo who was dropping 16-5-5 per game, Nelson who was dropping 18 per game off the bench, Alston drop 12 per game, Pietrus who was dropping 10 and deep bench, and guys like Tyronn Lue and Courtney Lee producing even through the weak eastern conference...how did he ever carry such a group of non-producers on his broad shoulders? Howard was the best player and had a great postseason but that team was extremely deep compared to the rest of the Eastern field that lacked strong and mobile big man to guard Howard and Lewis...what happened to them when they played a team that did? They went very very queitly. It was a one year deal for a lot of those guys but to say they were carried is pretty silly. That team was 1-10 contribution but once they got out of the least they had little to offer. I know..i was rooting for them and watching them closely in that postseason and they got through because of their balance and the fact that the best team they played before LA was Cleveland.

Howard just still lacks the go to move to make him a truly dominant player IMO. You can only fly over people for so long, especially if you are a big man. Not to say he can't develop one but he's been in the league awhile and still relies heavily on his athleticism coupled with his strength and size and has no consistant offensive move which the greatest big man, including Shaq had. This worries me about LeBron as well..all this time and he still has not developed a dominant move that will make him great when that athleticism fades. Kobe aint nowhere near as athletic as he was 10 years ago, but he can play untill he's 40 and remain one of the top 5-10 players in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Howard and Lebron still have time though. They don't need to change their games too much now. You're right though in that Howard doesn't match up to the all-time great centres. I'd still take a prime David Robinson over this Howard.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:20 am

freakzilla wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

With our luck Durant would have some freakish injury, hell if we would've picked Jordan, Sam Bowie would be the GOAT, but hell we have Kurt Thomas now, all is saved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:28 am

cascade_run wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

With our luck Durant would have some freakish injury, hell if we would've picked Jordan, Sam Bowie would be the GOAT, but hell we have Kurt Thomas now, all is saved

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul.

The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks.

Good or bad trade for the Clippers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Clippers starting line up-

C - DeAndre Jordan
PF- Blake Griffin
SF- Caron Butler
SG- Chauncey Billups
PG- Chris Paul

6TH- Maurice Williams

What a good team. Somehow the Clippers will stuff this up.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 am

Billups starting at the 2?

did they say thats what they are going to do? i don't think it's a good idea

that does look good though. Griffin and Jordan are perfect guys to put around Chris Paul. Athletic above the rim type players. This team is going to be doing hella ally oops. They need to add more depth at SF and SG...like A LOT more depth. I say they use Maurice Williams or Randy Foye to get a small forward or bigger less ball hawking SG, move Butler to the 2 if it's a SF, and bring Billups off the bench for some veteran leadership.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA Discussion Thread   NBA Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next