Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” Empty
PostSubject: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:30 pm

After a well-fought decision victory at Saturday’s UFC 139, Miguel Torres is wasting no time to get back in the Octagon against whoever he can.

Torres (Twitter: @MiguelTorresMMA) dictated every aspect of his bout against Nick Pace at UFC 139 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

The former WEC bantamweight champion was irritated that Pace came in six pounds over the required weight limit, and after displaying his disgust on Twitter, Torres punished the former Ring of Combat bantamweight champion. For 15 minutes Torres battered Pace standing up, used the clinch to his advantage, and controlled the Tiger Schulmann teammate on the ground with his extraordinary guard.

“I dominated every round, and that was the thing, I didn’t come out with the knockout or submission, but I didn’t get hurt,” Torres told MMA DieHards.com. “I can get back to training right away. I’m looking to get back in title contention so the main thing is to have safe fights and fight smart and come back and be ready to fight again.”

Torres’ 3 Round contest didn’t wear on him in the least.

As the owner of Torres Martial Arts Academy, he is aware students depend on him. Not only his students, but also his fellow professional mixed martial artists, that rely on Torres for a quality training partner. Just two days following UFC 139, Torres was back in the gym preparing his colleagues for their upcoming battles.

“I got a couple guys fighting in two or three weeks, so I’m training with them, and teaching jiu-jitsu and going back to the grind,” Torres said. “I didn’t get hurt in my fight and I want to get back in there right away.”

Torres decided it was time for an overhaul with his coaching and training staff just over a year ago and is now under the direction of Firas Zhabi.

Zahabi is the owner of Tristar Gym in Montreal, Canada. The facility houses such talents as UFC welterweight champion Georges St- Pierre, Rory MacDonald, Kenny Florian and a wealth of other top-tier MMA fighters. The relocation to Tristar, coupled with Torres’ new training partners, gives a yin to his yang.

“Now that I’ve been (at Tristar) for a while and I got Tyrone Spong with me, Mike Van Arsdale and a couple guys from the Blackzillians that are coaching me and working with me, it’s given me a good balance,” Torres admitted. “I think with every fight I have I’m going to get better and better. I think the more time I have with my new training partners and new coaching staff, the better I’m going to get.”

Torres is anxious to showcase his improving game, but with no opponent particularly in mind.

As a former WEC champion, currently 2-1 in the UFC, Torres’ ultimate goal is to retain UFC gold, but he doesn’t discriminate in foes. Ideally, a matchup between the combatant who dethroned him, Brian Bowles who just lost to Urijah Faber at UFC 139, would make sense, or a bout against up-and-comer Michael McDonald.

However, Torres’ list of possible counterparts consists of more than top 5 contenders in the UFC bantamweight division.

“I’ll fight whoever Joe Silva and Dana White say I should fight next,” Torres stated. “I don’t call anyone out. I let Firas Zahabi pick whoever they want me to fight. I’m a fighter, I want to fight everybody. I want to fight all of those guys. There’s 15 guys on my list, so there’s 15 answers right now because I want to fight everybody.

With an attitude like that it won’t take long for Torres to be back in the Octagon.

http://mmadiehards.com/features/miguel-torres-i-want-to-fight-everybody/
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 pm

War Torres
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Rematch vs Bowles is what I want to see next.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:11 am

freakzilla wrote:
Rematch vs Bowles is what I want to see next.

+1
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Bowels, Barao, or McDonald.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Isn't McDonald moving up to Featherweight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”   Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.” Empty

Back to top Go down

Miguel Torres: “I want to fight everybody.”
Page 1 of 1