Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Pa

Go down 
+8
timthebim
MMAEYES
killerofchicken
Ziggy116
Andrew the Raider King
OU
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Joe Pa
Fired
Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Retired
Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
2012/13 Penn State Head Coach
Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Joe Pa - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:11 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
As of this morning the report was that the information given to JoPa was no where near the extreme actions we are hearing about now. JoPa even said he was not aware of any "illegal activity".

BS. When some1 tells u a coach of yours was caught in a sexual act with a child and u do not call the cops I say u knew there was some illegal activity going on.
How do you know JoPa was told about a sexual act? JoPa is obviously saying that isn't the case.

If he wasnt told about the sexual act then what did he report to the higher ups OU?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
As of this morning the report was that the information given to JoPa was no where near the extreme actions we are hearing about now. JoPa even said he was not aware of any "illegal activity".

BS. When some1 tells u a coach of yours was caught in a sexual act with a child and u do not call the cops I say u knew there was some illegal activity going on.
How do you know JoPa was told about a sexual act? JoPa is obviously saying that isn't the case.

If he wasnt told about the sexual act then what did he report to the higher ups OU?
Well he is obviously saying that some inappropriate behavior was reported to him but he said what was reported to him was nothing extreme and not illegal, so that obviously means no one told him about sexual acts. Unless you think JoPa doesn't understand that is illegal and is morally acceptable.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:16 pm

The grand testimony states that JoPa was told in detail about the situation and he then reported it to the AD who in turn didnt do shit!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm

OU wrote:

You missing a leg. The assistant told Joe Pa what he saw. What they don't know is what details Joe told to administrators.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 pm

OU wrote:

Yeah I keep trying to bring up espn cause there a quote that I want to use, Joe says that he didn't get the details from the assistant that witnessed that crime but said that he was very upset and visably shaken so Joe can act like he didn't know the details but he knew that whatever this assistant saw Sandusky do with a kid was so bad that he was visably shaken and very upset so fuck that he knew enough.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

You missing a leg. The assistant told Joe Pa what he saw. What they don't know is what details Joe told to administrators.
Well if JoPa was told about a sexual act then he is either straight up lying right now or a very sick old man.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Well if JoPa was told about a sexual act then he is either straight up lying right now or a very sick old man.

Sounds like he tried to cover it up to protect the program.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Sounds like he is still trying to cover it up if he was told about sexual acts. Something I want JoPa to admit to or flat out deny.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Im not sure we will ever get a straight answer out of him though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

This. Hard to know what he decided but that he or anyone else did not have law enforcement immediately involved upon revelation of the act says enough.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:29 pm

He was gonna step down anyways the red head runs the show.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:39 pm

I just hope we get full detail on everything. I want to know if JoPa is retiring because of his own actions or lack there of or if this is just falling on him because he is the face of Penn St.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 pm

I think this may have been it for him anyways. He is 84 years old and his contract was up at the end of the year anyways. I think he was retiring either way. He has the record for most wins and there was no contract extension so I believe he was retiring even without the scandal.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 pm

I guess it is still possible that JoPa is fired. If he doesn't finish out this football season it will go down as fired in my book. Still right now, they aren't 100% sure he will be the coach for this weekends game.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:04 pm

But someone did tell Paterno, and Paterno has admitted to that. According to the grand jury, Paterno testified that the graduate assistant reported seeing Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy." Those are the exact words from the presentment, but they are not an exact quote from Paterno. Grand jurors clearly came away thinking Paterno -- a man not known for mincing words -- had heard a report of sexual activity between a grown man and a young boy. Setting aside what the graduate assistant actually reported to the grand jury -- an act so heinous that the mere mention of it should cause any normal person to retch -- exactly how extensive a report of sexual activity does Paterno need to do the right thing and make sure the report gets investigated thoroughly? No one gets a little bit fondled. Beyond that, a grown man and a young boy were naked together in a shower. That isn't normal. That requires an inquiry. Yet Paterno did nothing except kick the accusation upstairs. In this case, "upstairs" is a relative term. Curley was nominally Paterno's boss, but Paterno has long been the most powerful man on Penn State's campus. If Paterno wanted the claim investigated, he could have made an investigation happen. He didn't.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/11/08/penn-state-joe-paterno-scandal/index.html#ixzz1dFG3IZTY

He shouldn't coach another game
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:08 pm

The bottom line is that he should have gone to the AD, said what happened and said if he's not gone I am, that's not what happened.

I feel like the AD was more worried about the PSU rep than these kids, if anything else were the case, he would not have been allowed on campus after he left the program.

Just a bad fucking deal all the way around.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:28 pm

I just posted that cause I keep hearing "we need to hear what he says" not just from a few posters but from ESPN guys and sports guys all over TV. What? I ask again what the fuck could he say that makes it alright that he didn't call the cops when according to a grand jury an assistant told him that he saw Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

What are you waiting for him to say?

I didn't know it was that serious? How the fuck don't you know that when a assistant mentions a coach being in a shower with a young boy it's fucking serious

I didn't know the details? He knew that a coach was in a shower with a boy and the assistant who told him was visably shaken and very upset, what the fuck else did that assistant have to say??? Did he have to say how he was fucking the kid?

Do you think he's gonna deny what he already testified in court? Try to say somebody higher up told him to let them handle it and forget it? I really want to know what anyone who has the opinion that Joe could come out of this with any shred of dignity somehow by coming out and talking what could he say that saves him from this??
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Cops should of been called then and there. Shame all around for anyone who knew and didn't.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I just posted that cause I keep hearing "we need to hear what he says" not just from a few posters but from ESPN guys and sports guys all over TV. What? I ask again what the fuck could he say that makes it alright that he didn't call the cops when according to a grand jury an assistant told him that he saw Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

What are you waiting for him to say?

I didn't know it was that serious? How the fuck don't you know that when a assistant mentions a coach being in a shower with a young boy it's fucking serious

I didn't know the details? He knew that a coach was in a shower with a boy and the assistant who told him was visably shaken and very upset, what the fuck else did that assistant have to say??? Did he have to say how he was fucking the kid?

Do you think he's gonna deny what he already testified in court? Try to say somebody higher up told him to let them handle it and forget it? I really want to know what anyone who has the opinion that Joe could come out of this with any shred of dignity somehow by coming out and talking what could he say that saves him from this??

In all honesty, there is no one higher than him there. I can't disagree with anything you said, he definitely fucked up badly, everyone involved did.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Gosh this is terrible.

The cover of his 2002 book.

Joe Pa - Page 3 6a00d8341c630a53ef015392df38c3970b-320wi
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Gosh this is terrible.

The cover of his 2002 book.

Joe Pa - Page 3 6a00d8341c630a53ef015392df38c3970b-320wi

rofl
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 pm

That is horrible but I appreciate good dark humor.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Pretty sick his book would be called that!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 pm

and that is that. right decision now doesn't matter who you are or what you've done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Pa   Joe Pa - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Pa
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: