Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator 54 tonight

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Bellator 54 tonight Empty
PostSubject: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Main Card on MTV2 and EPIX -- 9 p.m. ET

Bryan Baker vs. Vitor Vianna (Middleweight Tournament Semis)
Alexander Shlemenko vs. Brian Rogers (Middleweight Tournament Semis)
Zach Makovsky vs. Ryan Roberts
Jacob Kirwan vs. Rene Nazare

Preliminary Card on Spike.com -- 7 p.m. ET

Zach Makovsky vs. Ryan Roberts
Jacob Kirwan vs. Rene Nazare
Duane Bastress vs. Daniel Gracie
Karl Amoussou vs. Joey Kirwan
Tim Carpenter vs. Ryan Contaldi
Andria Caplan vs. Adrienne Seiber
Brian Kelleher vs. Claudio Ledesma

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/15/2490192/bellator-54-preview-middleweight-tournament-rogers-shlemenko-vianna-baker-makovsky
Bellator 54 tonight Bellator_54_large
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t15133-bellator-54-october-15th
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:07 pm

What was that Bob Marley song?

No Zuffa, No Caarre...NO ZUFFA. NO CARE.

The card looks pretty good

Hope Amoussou can get a W.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:12 pm

About to head down there now for the card.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:14 pm

What is EPIX? Can that possibly be a channel i get?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:16 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
What is EPIX? Can that possibly be a channel i get?
Quote :
Bellator's fifth season will air in high definition. In some homes, anyway.

Officials today announced that in addition to its standard-definition broadcasts on MTV2, high-definition feeds of Bellator events will be available on EPIX.

The premium cable station, which is available in approximately 30 million U.S. homes, is Viacom-owned and a joint venture with sister divisions Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM) and Lionsgate.
http://www.mmaheadliner.com/mma-news/bellator-to-simulcast-fifth-season-in-high-definition-on-epix
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Interesting that they have fights listed as being on both Spike.com and MTV 2.

Always psyched to see Schlemenko fight, and Rogers looks like a guy who brings it. Despite the fact that Schlemeno is a great action fighter, I think it is in bellator's interest if Rogers can pull off an impressive win here, and in the finals.

Vianna was booed loudly after his last fight, and seemed upset by it. it certainly was not a burner, and the decision was questionable, I hope that encourages him to come out with more intensity.

still not sure about Baker, though he has looked pretty good in other spots, he looked so stiff getting KO'd by schlemenko.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

why is Baker vs Hess on spike.com right now? I thought the prelims were supposed to be on.

R we in between fights?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Baker looked incredibly stupid there.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Did anybody else lol during the video package for Schlemenko-Rogers?

The translator for Schlemenko, along with the music sounded like a villians monologue in some superhero movie.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Shlemenko-Rogers was an excellent fight.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:22 am

I see Storm smashing Vianna in the finals. Which leaves us Hector vs Storm 2...
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:26 am

Ninja wrote:

..which leaves us disappointed
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:43 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ninja wrote:

C'mon kings I did not expect u to fall into this as well.

Schlemenko is awesome, probably the most underrated fighter in the sport.

New blood for Hector would have been nice, but I won't be at all dissapointed in a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:18 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Did anybody else lol during the video package for Schlemenko-Rogers?

The translator for Schlemenko, along with the music sounded like a villians monologue in some superhero movie.
That was one of the most intense pre-fight hype videos that I ever seen. It souded like Storm literally wanted to kill Rogers. Added with replacing Fedor as the next great Russian the whole thing was over the top.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Nazare is a beast look out for him
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:30 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Nazare is a beast look out for him
He looked terrible. He couldn't stop a takedown to save his life and got pounded.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:45 pm

oo lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ninja wrote:

C'mon kings I did not expect u to fall into this as well.

Schlemenko is awesome, probably the most underrated fighter in the sport.

New blood for Hector would have been nice, but I won't be at all dissapointed in a rematch.

Don't get me wrong. I think Shlemenko is an excellent fighter and the best fighter in the tournament....but i can't say i enjoyed their first fight and i don't like the matchup for Shlemenko....though i should have been more clear, Shlemenko is a more suitable opponent than his counterpart in the finals...i don't think Baker should have lost to that guy, he fought stupid and with no respect and got punched, his own damn fault but Baker was the second if not the best fighter in this tournament and blew it with a shit approach just like last time with Shlemenko.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 pm

agree, Baker would have made a better opponent in the finals. If only because he has enjoyed more exposure in his career.

And I thought the schlemenko vs Lombard fight was pretty good until Hector gassed and went into lay n pray mode. But schlemenko took all that lombard had to offer early and started bringing the fight to Lombard from the 3rd rnd on.

hopefully Schlemenko's recent attention to grappling does not allow that to happen in the next go.

actually, hopefully we don't even get to that point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 54 tonight   Bellator 54 tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator 54 tonight
Page 1 of 1