[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big East in trouble

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Big East in trouble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7323183/sources-big-east-announce-boise-state-four-others-joining-conference
The Big East is set to add Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and
Houston as it begins to rebuild its league, with an announcement
expected as early as Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.
Boise
State and San Diego State of the Mountain West will enter the league as
football-only members, while Houston, SMU and UCF, all of Conference
USA, will join the Big East for all sports, sources told ESPN.com.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 pm

We will end up in the Big 12 in a couple of years anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Boise and SD State in the Big EAST LOL

Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Is the Big East guaranteed not to lose the AQ? Because that has to be atleast considered.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
Boise and SD State in the Big EAST LOL

You mean the "Big Country"

That's what Coach Pitino said they are thinking of naming it. That's 3 times as gay!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Just call it the AQ Leftovers.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:39 pm

OU wrote:

Fuck your face!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

Fuck your face!
Shut up and sit by the phone until the Big 12 comes calling!

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

Fuck your face!
Shut up and sit by the phone until the Big 12 comes calling!

Well......okay!

Seriously UofL IS the top money maker in bball and ranked #19 out of all division 1 schools in total revenue for all sports combined. Somebody is gonna snatch us up as soon as they can get over the fear of us. CARDS would be a great pick up for any conference. I just want to get in the Big10 or Big 12 is all. Fuck everyone else.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:58 pm

I can't imagine it is an academic issue. I think Mizzou was pretty shitty in that department.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 pm

OU wrote:
I can't imagine it is an academic issue. I think Mizzou was pretty shitty in that department.

Kragthorpe did help with academics after Petrino left. Petrino didn't give a shit about grades at all. I don't think we are that bad anyways. I have never heard anything about that being an issue.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Well that is just something thrown around for why some of these schools can't get into the bigger conferences. I guess that was an issue for Boise St? But I have never heard it used in reference to Ville.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 pm

OU wrote:
Well that is just something thrown around for why some of these schools can't get into the bigger conferences. I guess that was an issue for Boise St? But I have never heard it used in reference to Ville.

The only reason we didn't get in is fear. It was Texas or OU that had that fear. We know that here, we just don't know which school was doing the hating. Honestly it could be the fact that we sell Alcohol at our games and will not give it up. I'm not sure if the Big 12 is like the SEC and doesn't allow alcohol to be sold at games.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I don't know about the entire Big 12's policy on alcohol in stadiums but I know they don't sell it OU's games. They sell it right outside and you can walk around with a 30 pack on your shoulder if you want. But they don't sell it inside the stadium. I don't remember if you could get it inside the Cotton Bowl at OU-Texas(I'm too high) but they had a ton of it at the State Fair outside the stadium. I know they didn't sell it at the Big 12 Championship game in Cowboys Stadium.

Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 am

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:56 am

Tom Jurich is the reason we didn't go over WVU. He said the Big 12 ended up wanting us after a spat between OU and Texas, but Jurich declined because he has always preached about honoring a contract. I think thats bullshit but rumor has it we will be in the Big 12 and have no more alcohol at games come 2014. I'm down to sneak in a flask and join the Big 12. I hope it happens!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am

Tom Jurich is the reason we didn't go over WVU. He said the Big 12 ended up wanting us after a spat between OU and Texas, but Jurich declined because he has always preached about honoring a contract. I think thats bullshit but rumor has it we will be in the Big 12 and have no more alcohol at games come 2014. I'm down to sneak in a flask and join the Big 12. I hope it happens!
Well we usually drink before the games, you can walk around hammered pre-game and the cops will help you across the street. I see those pocket shots that come in the plastic pouches at OU games all the time though. People sneak those in and put them in their drinks.

Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 am

Do you guys know what the Big East will look like in the coming years? They keep adding and I don't know when everyone is joining and leaving.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 am

It dies in 2012. I think that is what the Myans were talking about.

Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Heard yesterday that they are losing the AQ. There are teams looking to pair up and split as we speak. Louisville is waiting on the Big 12 to decide if it wants 12 teams. I hope they do, Ville is a nice add and we need a conference championship game.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm

They can't yank the aq just yet. Not to mention we added a service academy so i doubt the ncaa is gonna do it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm

But yeah i wanna be in the big 12
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:19 pm

They can't yank the aq just yet. Not to mention we added a service academy so i doubt the ncaa is gonna do it.

Why would adding a service academy have any relation to do with AQ unless the academy was a national power in FB.

The Big East now is probably lower than what the MW was a few years ago when they wanted a AQ. Big East has so little to offer to the national landscape of CFB. Agree Louisville should join the Big 12. Maybe throw Cincy in there too.

Still NU, CU, A&M, & MU > WVU, TCU, UL, & Cincy/Boise/Rutgers/whoever.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:02 am

CU is just dead weight on the left side of your list. But obviously just Nebraska and A&M alone trump the whole right side. I put Mizzou on par with the right side.
But still it's some solid replacements. Would be a very good conference.

Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:19 am

OU wrote:
CU is just dead weight on the left side of your list. But obviously just Nebraska and A&M alone trump the whole right side. I put Mizzou on par with the right side.
But still it's some solid replacements. Would be a very good conference.

CU now is dead weight. CU a few years ago was a regular Big XII north winner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big East in trouble   Big East in trouble - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big East in trouble
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: