Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is King of the Hill funny?

Go down 
+7
MMAEYES
OU
timthebim
Farmer1906
LA
josh200612
Ludo
11 posters

Yes
Is King of the Hill funny? Vote_lcap50%Is King of the Hill funny? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
No
Is King of the Hill funny? Vote_lcap50%Is King of the Hill funny? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

Is King of the Hill funny? Empty
PostSubject: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 am

Yes or No?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:03 am

3 a.m. and already the boy ain't right.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:27 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 am

I mean it's funny at times, might have to be an american to laugh at it, not an all-time great cartoon comedy though. Haven't watched it in years, is it still on?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 am

LA wrote:
I mean it's funny at times, might have to be an american to laugh at it, not an all-time great cartoon comedy though. Haven't watched it in years, is it still on?

This. It's on Adult Swim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:57 am

Yeah as an Aussie I don't find it funny at all. Maybe it was just aimed at Americans?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 am

I don't LOL often, but if is funny/entertaining.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 am

I dont like Cartoon shows at all so I say no.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:38 am

If you don't think that Cotton Hill is funny then you don't love America, I'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 am

Boomhower or however you spell that name is like one of the greatest cartoon characters of all time imo. Maybe you just have to know a guy that sounds like him in real life but I fucking die everytime that dude talks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 am

Not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:13 pm

I can understand the aussies or silly nannies not caring for King Of The Hill...i'll grant freak and ali a pass on King of the Hill.

Maybe it's because you meet more people that are weird like the King of The Hill characters in real life, then you would meet from all these other shows. Maybe thats why i find it fuckin hilarious. It's not outrageous..it's a day in the life show with hilarious characters and more subtle humor(maybe thats why some people don't find it funny. maybe they are more slapstick or fart and dick humor..thats fine)
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Looks like the people have spoken

King of the Hill is officially fuckin hilarious and anybody who thinks different is officially wrong.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

LA wrote:

They canceled it a couple years ago.

Not for lack of quality, though it declined from the early seasons which is normal for any series...but because Seth MacFarlane had to complete his takeover with the Cleveland Show and KOTH was a casualty.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Any votes post victory lap don't count...because it's obviously to spite me and not based on educated opinions on KOTH. 7-4 is the final tally.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Ranks well behind my top cartoon comedies. And I mean well behind
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 am

It lasted 13 years. No way a comedy stays on the air for that long and isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:24 am

According to Jim lasted 8 seasons
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
According to Jim lasted 8 seasons

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/according-to-jim-series-finale/

They call it business.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

True Blue American here who never thought this show was funny.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 am

captain organic wrote:
True Blue American here who never thought this show was funny.

Are you currently over 30?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 am

The vote is at 7-7 right now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am

freakzilla wrote:
The vote is at 7-7 right now.

That in itself speaks to the comedic value of the show, just like the many other polls and threads across the web posing this same question.

The fact that the question is so often, and even, asked says a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Get real freak..the voting is closed. The votes for no only started to budge after i started gloating.

That may be my fault but all the same, people are voting no to troll at this point and don't have a real opinion of KOTH.

This thread would have sunk to page obscurity at 7-4 if i didnt bump it gloating about the tally.The three extra votes are pure troll jobs...not to mention the people who vote no opinion value is half of those who voted yes because it's infallible that King of the Hill is fuckin hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is King of the Hill funny?   Is King of the Hill funny? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1