Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ronda Rousey

Go down 
+4
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
Ludo
8 posters

Will she be the new "face" of womens MMA with the absense of Gina Carano?
Yes
Ronda Rousey Vote_lcap60%Ronda Rousey Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Ronda Rousey Vote_lcap40%Ronda Rousey Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Well Gina is coming back in December and I'm sure she'll still be huge

Rousey will beat Cyborg within the next year and a half though
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm

As long as the Wolf is there to stop the fight when she asks him too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Actually that may not have been as bad on Steve as initially thought. I heard them mentioning later in that broadcast that in the back it was told to both fighters that any kind of verbage during a submission hold would be taken as a forfeit to the hold itself. I don't know if thats true or not(maybe Primetyme can help us out with some clarification on that) but if it is it definitely explains the situation because it wasn't just Rousey talking there. Remember, D'Alelio said "ahhhh" or whatever.

Also, will Gina still be the draw she was after being out so long? It's already been over two years since she fought last and the casual fan may not have even seen her fight before.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:05 pm

i don't think any1 will beat Cyborg anytime soon... let's not get out of hand here
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I think with a couple more fights Rousey could give Cyborg a run for her money. We know Santos likes to clinch alot and rough people up there before unloading on the break. Rousey could definitely turn that game against her in a hurry. I'm not sure if she could pull off the armbar though, if Cyborg slammed out of a Tito Ortiz triangle choke I'm sure she could slam out of a Ronda Rousey armbar if she could get her legs under her.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Ludo wrote:
I think with a couple more fights Rousey could give Cyborg a run for her money. We know Santos likes to clinch alot and rough people up there before unloading on the break. Rousey could definitely turn that game against her in a hurry. I'm not sure if she could pull off the armbar though, if Cyborg slammed out of a Tito Ortiz triangle choke I'm sure she could slam out of a Ronda Rousey armbar if she could get her legs under her.

Cyborgs no slouch on the ground either, it would be a good fight if she could get a couple of wins in SF to get a bigger fan base especially
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:45 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i don't think any1 will beat Cyborg anytime soon... let's not get out of hand here

Rousey is a whole different animal than anyone Cyborg has fought
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:48 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

vise verca X1000
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't think Ronda is as good looking as Gina is. And Gina has a more feminine physique, especially through the shoulders, an area where Ronda looks very strong. And she is still young she might actually get bigger. So I don't know if she has that sex appeal attraction that Gina had.

She does look to be a better fighter(still untested though) so maybe the combo of looks and ability help her claim some of that star power that Gina had.

Not quite ready to throw her in with Cyborg, but given her athletic pedigree/background and her physicallity, I think she should get a quicker path then I normally would like to see from such a young fighter.

And I thought Cyborg was going to live her MMA life as a completely untested monster. Good to see that that was not a formality.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 am

New face? I don't know about that, Gina is on another level with the looks to go with ability and is coming back as some pointed out, but Ronda is going to be a great womens fighter, better than Gina in that regard, I hope she tosses Cyborg on his head.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

killerofchicken wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

vise verca X1000

For sure, but Olympic judo with sick subs against someone that twice winded up mounted while trying to get throws on Gina. As she keeps improving she will become the best women's fighter in the world
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Way too soon and seen way to little from her to think she will do anything other than get beat up by Cyborg.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Way too soon and seen way to little from her to think she will do anything other than get beat up by Cyborg.
I would love to see her fight Gina just to give us an idea of where both fighters stand at the moment.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
I would love to see her fight Gina just to give us an idea of where both fighters stand at the moment.
I think it's pretty clear where Cyborg stands right now... the best lady fighter on the planet
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
I think it's pretty clear where Cyborg stands right now... the best lady fighter on the planet
I was talking about Rousey vs Gina to see where they both stand. You know Gina after the long layoff vs this rising star.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
I was talking about Rousey vs Gina to see where they both stand. You know Gina after the long layoff vs this rising star.
my mistake
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I think the fact that she is a very strong 145, has an olympic background, and has been finishing opponents in no time flat, says that at the least she is on a different plane then the girls cyborg has been fighting.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I think the fact that she is a very strong 145, has an olympic background, and has been finishing opponents in no time flat, says that at the least she is on a different plane then the girls cyborg has been fighting.

You think she is on a different plane then Connen and Gina? I know Finney wasn't an impressive challenger but Cyborg is fighting the best out there.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

You think she is on a different plane then Connen and Gina? I know Finney wasn't an impressive challenger but Cyborg is fighting the best out there.

I think neither Connen nor Gina(nor any opponent to date) could handle Cyborg's physicallity. Ronda is a jacked up olympian. A life long athlete. Purely strength and athleticism, yeah I think she is on a different plane then those two. Skill wise she looks real good too, and not just in Judo, her subs have been impressive, if it were not for the mini controversy, that might have been the sickest women's sub ever. Still need to see how she reacts to get punched in the face, but in women's MMA without the one punch KO power of the men, I don't see a fighters chin as playing as big a role.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:39 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

She would toss Coenen around like a kid. As the evolution of her standup continues she will be the best
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Borg would whoop dat ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ronda Rousey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronda Rousey   Ronda Rousey Empty

Back to top Go down

Ronda Rousey
Page 1 of 1