Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
oggy420
LTFG
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Today at 1:30 PST on ESPN...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:57 pm

that was a great interview. Really put the sport in a positive light. Thank god for Rome being on espn, he's about the only support for our sport on espn.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Rome is kind of like MMA's Brian Kenny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm

No I take that back, Rome is a bandwagonner and Kenny is a boxing uber die hard. MMA doesn't have a Kenny yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 pm

The two people I hate most. Better not watch. My head will explode
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm

It was a great interview. Dana hit on the TV deal by saying he could be on network TV, but the "right" deal the would be in the sports best interest isn't there yet... He hit on Kimbo giving him all the props in the world, and said that Rashad now wants to work with him... He hit on Herschel saying that he's a joke and SF is a joke for continuing to treat MMA like a sideshow attraction (But doesn't want a fight)... And he hit on the Lesnar-Carwin fight a little as well...

A couple of bigger blasts or points... Dana said that if they do continue to win, we are a couple of fights away from seeing Machida and Anderson face off in a Megafight. Really Dana? Do they know about this?...
He hit on Rampage saying that they aren't talking right now. He went on to blast Page for his decision making and said that he's not going to be lining up multi-million dollar movie deals making a career of it (I agree with Dana here)...
When asked about the Fedor debacle, he excused Fedor from fault and blamed his "nutty" management team for trying to strongarm the UFC into a completely unreasonable deal that only benefitted them. Quote, "Go do that to the butcher down the street in Russia, but that stuff doesn't work here in the United States"... Good one Dana...

Now, I like the fact that Rome is one of the few giving support to MMA and love that he takes time to interview fighters and Dana fairly often and does so without shedding a negative light to the sport. But if the guy wants to be taken seriously, he needs to educate himself enough to at least know the names of the fighters... Rome, it's not pronounced Shogun Roowah. Dana was respectful enough to not correct him... I might have been tempted...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:22 pm

like Dana White should talk about sideshow attractions...

*cough* Kimbo *cough*
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
like Dana White should talk about sideshow attractions...

*cough* Kimbo *cough*

Best part is dana was saying the same things about Kimbo. Kimbo is the sideshow which Dana is referring to. What was the sideshow attraction that strikeforce has done previously?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 pm

It's not that i disagree with Dana about Walker, but signing Kimbo shows he's not above bringing in fighters simply for publicity.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:51 pm

You all make valid points. However, knowing what Kimbo is and what he was doing in the sport, Dana threw down a gauntlet that Kimbo accepted. DW kept his word, that does not make the UFC a freakshow. Herschel Walker? Please, this isn't even worth arguing about. What he said about Fedor's management team is absolutely correct! Why in the Hell would I give you the keys to my great car that has all the options? So I could drive your suped up, primer covered 1981 Corvette? Forget it! Sure the Corvette might be fast and be kinda cool, but have you seen this Aston-Marton DBV I am driving? The UFC should try and get Mousasi anyway, more upside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show   Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana to be guest on Rome's TV show
Page 1 of 1