Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What jobs have you had?

Go down 
+6
Cu Bu
jimbojones1950
bobbitt15
josh200612
OU
GDPofDRC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

What jobs have you had? Empty
PostSubject: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Just talking with a buddy about old work. Realized I've been working for a while. What jobs have you guys had in your life?

I've had a bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:09 pm

when I was 16 I worked for the same company I do now. Only then I was the deliver guy/helping hand. I delivered toner and paper all over town and I went on any copier moves/installs and just about anything that required some kind of manual labor. I also had to clean the bathrooms and vacuum around the office. Low man on the pole so I had to do whatever no one else wanted to do.

Then I got a job making more money at Assurant Solutions call center. Started out as a Customer Service Rep but then I cheated my way over to Tech Support where I got paid more money. Working at a call center taking calls on warranties is not fun work. Had to work 10 hour shifts and work on Christmas, New Years and any other day. Left that hell whole when I found out I needed surgery.

Wanted a job ASAP when I recovered from surgery so I took a job at a place called Walls which is like a Dollar General meets K-Mart kind of place. Made min wadge and I had to miss OU vs Texas. Stayed there until I found another job.

That is when I started working at this place again. Started out as the Dispatcher but a couple years ago I absorbed the Billing job for more responsibility and more money. Been back here for about 4 years now.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I was a grunt for Dominion Homes.

I worked at a Resale Furniture store going to auctions picking up furniture and detailing it.

I was a Senior of the Car Audio department at Circuit City.

I was Manager of the Home Theater department at Best Buy.

I used to Stain wood in houses.

Worked at Kroger as a kid.

Used to weed wack a 72 acre cemetery.

Team Lead of the backroom at Target.

Last edited by josh200612 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Squire, Gigolo, Backup dancer, Opera singer, mime artist and caddy to Sean Connery.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 pm

1. Started at 14, elementary school summer maintenance.
  2. When school started, began working at a Pizza/Italian restaurant. Worked there for a long time, became manager when I was 18.
  3. Quit twice to work at a summer lake resort for the tourist seasons in the summer, good times....... Very Happy Would go back to restaurant manager jog when season was over.
  4. Also did demo work on houses and commercial buildings part time when I was 19 and 20.
  5. Also would clear brush and make fire breaks in the spring seasons.
  6. Had one stint again, not at the resort, but a Mexican Restaurant right by it for the summer. Tequila!
  7. Started going to college part-time, had a brief job as a delivery guy for a take out restaurant. Fired for dating girl that worked there.
  8. Also worked part-time at a body shop for a few months to help a buddy at the same time
  9. Worked 5 days in a diner kitchen as a prep cook, fired for not being in a Mexican prison gang.
  10. Began working retail at a sporting good store for about 6 months, good times.
  11. Got a break with an interview at a traffic engineering consultant agency for a engineering technician job, got it on background of my architectural engineering studies. Would continue working hear during summers after transferring for school and after finishing school.
  12. Transferred to Nor Cal to finish school, worked sporadically for an event catering company.
  13. Also worked a few seasons up there clearing brush and making fire breaks in the mountains.
  14. Would get a different job in the transportation planning/programming/engineering field, still have it.

Been Fired from only 2.

I'm ready to retire now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Squire, Gigolo, Backup dancer, Opera singer, mime artist and caddy to Sean Connery.
Never had an honest days work?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 pm

I wouldn't say I have ever been "fired" although technically I have. When I was at Assurant I hated that job so much and then I found out I had a tumor that I needed to get removed so I put in my notice, left at lunch and never came back.
Same kind of thing at Walls. That was a shitty job with shitty pay ran by shitty people, so as soon as I found out I had another job lined up I just never went back. But I never had an employer tell me they no longer required my services.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:18 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Never had an honest days work?

Just two summer jobs, one as a kitchen porter and just now I am making badass Latte's and Panini's for American tourists.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Worked for McD's for under 2 months when I was 16. Worst fucking job ever

Worked as a student shelver at the library for 2 years in high school

Salesperson at Best Buy for a while

Back at the library now as an LSA
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Started working at age 14 for a landscaping company (2 years - all year)
At age 16 I worked part time at a grocery store and a chicken and rib shack (1 year -all year)
At age 17 I worked for a masonry company (2 years - summers)
While in college, I did personal training at nights (awesome job...except during wrestling season, when it was pure torture lol)
Summers in college I worked at a Hess Gas Station....got held up twice (worst job ive had, mostly because it was in a bad area and constantly had to deal with assholes)
After college, I went to law school and worked at various offices for internships and also made some cash by coaching a high school wrestling team and helping some local fighters out with their wrestling training.
Now I work in a law office and coach high school wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:17 pm

besides stealing puppies for reward money and selling potheads spinach and vitamens

I was a succesful inventory control clerk at fiesta texas(may be six flags over San Antonio now) as a yute.

Myself and a friend got lucky and were security for a two week cheer camp in college.

I dug holes in the summer for a foundation repair company.

worked in a deep freeze - 40 at a large plant for several months untill I was up for union and I was let go. We all were, that were not already in union. That got me thinking in a different way and I decided then that I would make my own way without answering to anybody. LOL but life gets in the way and when i proposed to my now wife I decided to make the most of the short time she was away for school

and I got a job with a company that cleaned soil at old leak sites by drilling wells and extracting oil from ground or water table. It was cool and paid shit ton of money but we traveled wherever the goverment sent us. could be Iowa could be Taiwan

After I got married I continued my pursuit of being independent on the actions of people or companies. It has worked out well for me and I feel blessed
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Soccer ref
Soccer scorekeeper (scoreboard)
Landscaping
Telemarketer
Collections
Pizza delivery
Private owned business
Waitor
Technical chemistry assistant (Like a TA for labs)
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Started working actual jobs at age 15. Worked as a cashier/cart attendant for Target for two years, then i wound up quitting that job for a factory job that i worked at for a few months before quitting for college.

Went to college for a year, and worked part time as an office cleaner, and also worked as an actor for the haunted schoolhouse in akron.

After that point, i worked a couple other part time retail jobs, before going back to the factory job im currently at.

Presently in the process of trying to save money for a couple small business ventures.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Filer and Ryder for the law firm that sue'd the Army Corps. of Engineers for the levees breaking during Hurrican Katrina and Rita (they actually won)

Rapper/ DJ been DJing parties in Austin and Dallas since 2004, going to be in Austin August 12th at Club Red 7 on 6th street.

amateur boxing judge/ref/time keeper

think thats about it
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Shoe salesman, lawn and garden/ hardware/ sporting goods sales, cashier, made sandwiches at Panera Bread, DJ, camp counselor, pot dealer, Gardner / Landscaper for multi billon dollar family
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

An Oggy sighting Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

freakzilla wrote:
An Oggy sighting Shocked

Now all we need is a Ninja sighting and all hell will break loose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What jobs have you had?   What jobs have you had? Empty

Back to top Go down

What jobs have you had?
Page 1 of 1