Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cyborg a free-agent:

Go down 
+6
cascade_run
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
timthebim
LA
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Cyborg a free-agent: Empty
PostSubject: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/28/2249294/report-cyborg-strikeforce-cant-agree-to-terms-cyborg-a-free-agent#comments

Tough to say why they couldn't come to terms, maybe she wanted too much? She was feilding offers from the WWE who without a doubt could pay her more. Her deal technically ranout before the buyout I believe, there was a 1 year extension as a Champions clause, but no fight was signed or extension agreed on before that expired.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Has Dana even commented on women fighting in the UFC since the buyout?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Doesn't have that much to do with Dana, Coker runs SF. Her deal was up just June, she had to be signed to another fight a year from that time, I'm sure challengers were hard to find, or a new contract agreed apon in that time.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 pm

LA wrote:
Doesn't have that much to do with Dana, Coker runs SF. Her deal was up just June, she had to be signed to another fight a year from that time, I'm sure challengers were hard to find, or a new contract agreed apon in that time.

After the buyout is Coker really running SF u think? Im not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 pm

just saw this that sucks, gotta wonder with Gina pulling out and this happening but doubt it has to do with Zuffa, hope not, sucks if she go to WWE though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Just no ladies want a peice of Cyborg after the cuddles massacre...first MMA fighter to scare off the division.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Just no ladies want a peice of Cyborg after the cuddles massacre...first MMA fighter to scare off the division.

hahahah, wait thats sad because its fucking true, although I think Cuddles woulda took a rematch lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 pm

timthebim wrote:
LA wrote:

Still runs SF, with them being owned and operated by Zuffa, his title goes from CEO to VP I believe, but he's still in charge of signing fighters and mostly running SF.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:29 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I agree, mentioned the same thing with challengers being hard to find, it's funny but true.

If she can get better offers from the WWE, Zuffa just can't match anything they can offer IMO.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

QUICK MAKE CYBORG VS KENNY FLORIAN FOR THE WOMANS 145 LINEAL TITLE!!!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
QUICK MAKE CYBORG VS KENNY FLORIAN FOR THE WOMANS 145 LINEAL TITLE!!!!

I would watch that
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
She's close to signing with another promotion

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-strikeforce-womens-middleweight-champ-cris-cyborg-is-officially-a-free-agent-and-is-close-to-coming-to-terms-with-a-new-promotion/

this tells me theyre backing off womens mma... i mean its Cyborg, the meanest chick around and they let her walk
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 am

Must be Bellator, other then SF it's the best possible Org for WMMA.

Lets be honest here though, I'm sure she was asking for more money, womens MMA just isn't overly that marketable, and Cyborg is not hugely marketable as a womens fighters. Like Gina or Miesha or Marloes, they can kick ass, but are also attractive, it's is what it is in that sense. I was looking at some womens divisions like a week or two ago, and it is limited talent pool as of now.

Womens sports in general have it tough though, we all know that.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 am

LA wrote:
Must be Bellator, other then SF it's the best possible Org for WMMA.

Lets be honest here though, I'm sure she was asking for more money, womens MMA just isn't overly that marketable, and Cyborg is not hugely marketable as a womens fighters. Like Gina or Miesha or Marloes, they can kick ass, but are also attractive, it's is what it is in that sense. I was looking at some womens divisions like a week or two ago, and it is limited talent pool as of now.

Womens sports in general have it tough though, we all know that.

her problem is there really arent any serious threats at 145, she literally scared everyone out of that division. Hope it is Bellator and not the WWE
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:04 am

Well there is that no doubt, but other factors come into play on why they'd let her go as well, or not resign her...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

problem is if its money related Vince can pay her alot more
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 am

WWE could pay her way more, no MMA Org could compete with that. I'm guessing Bellator or yeah WWE, can't really see any other options, besides back in SF.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:03 am

timthebim wrote:
LA wrote:

Oh so his huge paycheck is just for looks then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:05 am

MMA would be more profitable with sponsorships and what SF would be willing to pay her - IF they could find marketable opponents. The lack of those cripples that. The Gina fight falling through and the 145 lbs fight the other day failing to yield a devastating contender creating KO likely explains why now this story is officially breaking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 am

This is true, but isn't Cyborg herself not overly marketable? A she-man dominant womens fighter, I said previously chicks like Gina, Meisha, Marloes who pair looks with skills are a better play.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 am

Womens sports in general have a tough raod though, womens soccer is surprisingly more popular and lucrative in the US then anywhere else and still not a big deal, basketball actually more lucrative overseas from what I read, softball? no clue, MMA is actually in my completely biased opinion the best womens sport, but still not a huge draw.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

Bellator could probably give her the best fights on a consistent basis. But I hope she is back with Zuffa soon.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Despite conflicting reports recently as to whether Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos has departed ways with Strikeforce, her manager Master Rudimar Fedrigo has confirmed to FCF today that the 145lb. champion has renewed her contract with the promotion.

Although the Chute Boxe founder did not provide any details regarding the contract, Fedrigo did state that he is “very happy” that the fighter is continuing on with Strikeforce.

Late last week Fedrigo informed FCF that he and Santos were still in talks with Strikeforce, despite reports that negotiations between the two parties had broken down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyborg a free-agent:   Cyborg a free-agent: Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyborg a free-agent:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next