Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. Empty
PostSubject: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Man these cards seem to come from out of nowhere nowadays.

Not sure if ill be able to watch. Might be able to catch the late showing.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:16 pm

I have all the favorites tonight. I'd imagine they would split Curran and Sandro up next round if they both win
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:57 pm

i need to find a place to watchthis shit
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Awesome first fight. Great action
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Sandro is a joke as a top five fighter. Top 15 easily but the man has no major wins on his record and is slow and plodding for a striker at 45. George Roop would blast him out and I mean that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 pm

He's definitely plodding but carries some serious power for 145

Da Silva didn't look too bad for a guy making his American debut. Not sure how young he has but he could have a solid future
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 am

Miki Shida and Kanehera are good wins but I get what ya mean wolf, his 2 losses are vs his toughest competition

still a top 10 guy though
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:18 am

plus he nailed a standing arm triangle choke

thats bad ass enough for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTUs0k7T8Ac
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 am

He is top ten in the universe Omigawa and Jorge Santiago are top ten in. I hate what I am becoming...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Miki Shida and Kanehera are good wins but I get what ya mean wolf, his 2 losses are vs his toughest competition

Sandro-Omigawa was also a terrible decision that should've easily gone to Marlon so really that loss to Hioki is the legit one

Rewatching some of these fights has made me see how many decisions Omigawa has gotten that he really shouldn't have
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 am

Omigawa was gifted a lot of decisions, true that. OMG is still the motherfucker though, don't care.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 am

Omigawa is like the japanese version of Leonard Garcia in that he seems to get disputed decisions, atleast over there, in fairness Omigawa did just get screwed in the UFC in his last fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 am

Birdofthad wrote:

the loss vs. omigawa was horseshit...along with omigawa's other big win vs. Hioki.

edit: looks like i was beat to it...but omigawa was one of the worst guys that could represent the top japan fighters in the UFC at that weight class based on some decisions over the two best guys that he didnt deserve.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:09 pm

They'll all be mediocre UFC fighters and Sandro won't win the Bellator title until I am proven otherwise.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:17 am

I thought these fights were entertaining and all went as expected other than my underrating of Genair da Silva making his fight closer than I thought he could. Mann looked sharp as was Currans finish. Semi-finals up this is another solid cast of fighters. It is Sandro's title fight and check to lose still.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.   Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandro makes Bellator debut tonight.
Page 1 of 1