Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Shield season 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

The Shield season 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 am

Any fans?

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 am

The Shield is a very good show.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am

Never watched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

I love The Shield.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Great show
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm

This is a show I think you'd like OU. One thing I like about it is how real it sometimes feels even if some unrealistic ass shit is happening with the characters. Gritty and intense.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This is a show I think you'd like OU. One thing I like about it is how real it sometimes feels even if some unrealistic ass shit is happening with the characters. Gritty and intense.

Yeah it seems like that show has been running forever. I've known a couple people that really got into it. I'll have to check it out. Hopefully I can stream some of them on netflix or hulu, just easier that way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Damn, I really need to add that unlimited DVDs for just 2 bucks more. Considering I can burn the entire DVD in about 10 min, it would probably be worth it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

The Shield, The Wire and Deadwood are at the top of my DVD list.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Took me a second to adjust to it as I was coming off the Wire which runs at a different speed. It always takes a couple episodes to adjust to the parameters of a new TV universe when you watch another series in order like that.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

OU wrote:
Damn, I really need to add that unlimited DVDs for just 2 bucks more. Considering I can burn the entire DVD in about 10 min, it would probably be worth it.

BTjunkie
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OU wrote:

BTjunkie

I really don't like watching on my PC and hooking up my PC to my TV with my current setup is just a pain. I'd rather shell out a couple bucks and get the DVDs, that I can burn and share with my buddies.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:48 pm

word
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

How far are you in the series Wolf ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Mid season 2 already. We'll have this show put away completely by the end of the month at this rate. Much more "watchability" than the Wire. What I mean it is much easier to end up watching six episodes of this before you realize it's now four in the morning. The Wire makes you think more and is more intellectually stimulating, but this show is full of intrigue as well, in addition to the constant unpredictable chaos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Yeah the pace and style of The Shield is alot easier to get sucked into. How do you view Vic so far ? are you in favor of his actions to support his family, or do you feel he's just another crooked cop ?

Dutch is easily my favorite character of the show, I'd probably say he's my all time favorite detective.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:50 pm

I think Vic is one of the best gangsters in TV history. I wonder if you see more personal drama between Vic and his wife as the show goes on. While they haven't spent a ton of time developing his wife's character and I don't think her performance is pretty strong, in a large way being married to Vic is like being married to Walt and Hank from Breaking Bad at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Without spoiling things yes Vic's wife get's to play a much bigger role in future seasons.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Do you see Vic as a cop or a gangster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Do you see Vic as a cop or a gangster?

I wouldn't say Vic is a gangster per say, but he's definitely got a clouded sense of morality when it comes to providing for his family.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:07 pm

It isn't about his family in my mind. He is an angry control freak who uses his family to justify his criminal behavior like all gangsters do. He controls distribution of drugs, freely aids in the cover up of numerous murders, commits robberies and murders, and controls a criminal network. He is as gangster as motherfucking Stringer Bell. When his family left did he try and leave the life? No, he just forces them to fit inside it.

His character fascinates me. Like I said before, Hank and Walt rolled into 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:32 am

All this talk is tempting me to dust off my Shield collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shield season 1   The Shield season 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shield season 1
Page 1 of 1