Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE Empty
PostSubject: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/6/2209546/e3-expo-2011-dana-white-announces-ufc-pay-per-views-on-xbox-live
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), an annual video game conference in Los Angeles, was invaded, briefly, by UFC President Dana White.

The leader of the world's largest fight promotion was on hand to bring news that his brand has entered into a new deal with mega-brand Microsoft to offer UFC pay-per-views through Xbox Live.

Xbox Live is a subscription based feature operated by Microsoft Corporation to offer multiplayer gaming and digital media services to more than 35 million users worldwide.

The price tag for said service runs around $60 per year.

There is no word yet on when exactly UFC broadcasting will become available through the service but it's expected to be soon. On top of pay-per-views, White stated they will offer events like weigh-ins and fights on demand.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Always wondered why you couldn't watch on PS3 or Xbox. Great move.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:36 pm

wait, ull have to pay $60 for the service per year on top of ordering the PPV... WHY?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm

I think that may be refereeing to the $5 a month charge for Xbox Live Gold. If it's not, than it is because they need $$$.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm

hmm, the whole TV thing is working out just fine...so no deal for me.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Yea lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Well they announced that they will have TV on the box too. I'd be ready to ditch my cable if they got HDNet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm

My cable is already ditched. I get my stream and netflix on through my laptop and box. Now can I order if I feel like it and still not need a cable box. Gangster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:22 am

Even if it's stuff you can get on TV, still pretty cool, another plus for Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
hmm, the whole TV thing is working out just fine...so no deal for me.

i think this is more for ppl without comcast or satelite, should bring em more buyers, but im with you on sticking to the tube
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:50 am

They acted like you might get to see different angles on XBOX. Now I have more options on where I can watch the fights and in HD, instead of ordering on yahoo from time to time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 am

Dana and co have the youth market locked down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Anyone have any idea when this will happen?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 pm

No but I wish it was soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE   UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC PPVs coming to XBOX LIVE
Page 1 of 1