Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
Birdofthad
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:19 am

I think there should be a lottery just for the bottom 2 teams from each conference. A 4 team lottery is more than fair.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:01 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I just wish they would stop with the lottery nonsense already. So it makes for 10 minutes of compelling television. If you have the worst record, logic says that you deserve first dibs on the best player in the draft.

Kings missed out on Blake Griffin because of this nonsense. Sure we got Tyreke Evans, but no way the worst team in the NBA that year should be 4th in line when a Clippers(conveniently big market team i may add) team who won over 30 games the year before got the 1st pick. I think there is a few instances where it was rigged, definetly the Ewing draft and last nights Cleveland redemption(yeah, the NBA was not making it up to the Cavs that there big market driven league lured James out of Cleveland, well, they picked a weak draft) but rigged or not...It's just a ridiculous, unfair system.

Also, NBA out of the big 4 is the most corrupt league. The only people who refuse to notice it are "players fans" (Tim) who the NBA's special treatment for superstars officiating system work just fine for...or fans of big market team with 1-2 superstars that benefit from star treatment 82+ games a year. It takes an unbiased observer or a fan of a supressed small market team to notice the NBA is bad news when compared to the NFL and MLB...and a lot of people refuse to watch the NBA for this reason. Stern is so so good at keeping heat off the league and protecting his corrupt officials, which is his job..he's great at it..but he's great at the wrong things when the word integrity is involved.

The fans of the NBA helped create the culture though. It's always about the star players like MJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, etc. where as the NFL and MLB main target audience is all about the colors.

damn dude you just hit the nail on the head
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:03 am

LA wrote:
Not that I truly believe it but you could make cases for it.

Chicago one of the most popular NBA markets after years of struggling gets D Rose.

The Wizards owner dies, his wife comes to the draft, they get the 1st pick.

Cavs owner sends his son(nerve problems? not quite sure) to the draft a year after they get shafted by LeBronze, they nab the 1st and 4th picks.

got to agree wtih ya, and the Cavs owner son suffers from (cant remember the term know) the common phrase for kids close to being autistic, basically has problems (speech or other) that they dont really know what causes it.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:04 am

freakzilla wrote:
Cleveland is a big team? I don't think Stern cares if Cleveland is good or not.

FREAK IT WAS CLEVELAND OR TORONTO

no chance in hel Lebron went to Canada
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:05 am

freakzilla wrote:

and this year it was Cleveland or Minnesota

A market that has proven to be bBIG, OHIO is a big market on the east coast, a shit load bigger than Minnesota
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:09 am

They need to run the draft like the NFL, this lottery thing doesn't make much sense, why would the worst team just get a chance at the first pick?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

FREAK IT WAS CLEVELAND OR TORONTO

no chance in hel Lebron went to Canada

why was it only Cleveland or Toronto? Have they changed the rules of the lottery?

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

I like the lottery. I hate the idea of bad teams tanking to get the #1. And Im a Net fan.

I also don't buy into the rigged business. Lebron in Cleveland is what the NBA wanted? Shaq in Orlando? Duncan in San Antonio? when Boston(who clearly went into tank mode) was in the mix? Not buying it.

Now the superstar treatment on the court is another story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts   A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Look at the Possible Rigged NBA Drafts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: