Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August Empty
PostSubject: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Quote :
The bantamweight title fight between Joseph Agbeko and Abner Mares is expected to rescheduled for late July or early August in Los Angeles, according to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

Agbeko was scheduled to defend his belt against Mares in Showtime’s bantamweight tournament final on April 23 in L.A. but pulled out because of sciatica.

“I talked to (Agbeko’s promoter) Don King today and he informed me that Agbeko would be ready to fight in the last two weeks of July or August,” Schaefer said. “So I’ve reached out to Ken Hershman (of Showtime), who obviously is busy with the promotion this weekend.

“We’ll be talking next week, meaning King, me and Ken Hershman, to secure a date for the fight.”

Mares and his handlers had discussed other opponents – including titleholder Anselmo Moreno and a rematch with Vic Darchinyan – because it was unclear when Agbeko would be ready to fight again.

However, Agbeko’s recovery was quick enough to stick with the original plan.

“It’s the right thing to do,” Schaefer said. “It completes the tournament. And it gives Mares an opportunity to win the title.”

Schaefer expects the fight to be part of a doubleheader.

Darchinyan defeated Yonnhy Perez by a fifth-round technical decision after Perez was cut in the third-place fight in the tournament. Agbeko outpointed Perez and Mares did the same against Darchinyan in the first round.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/167181-breaking-news-agbeko-mares-will-be-rescheduled-for-late-july-or-early-august
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:26 am

good to hear come on Agbekp!!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:33 am

I'm rooting for Mares but I am happy that Agbeko is going to be able to get the fight. He seems like a humble and hardworking, fighter. You have to root for those guys to get opportunities and decent purses.
Back to top Go down
erik21552

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Sergio Martinez, Rocky Martinez,Joe Frazier,Tito Trinidad,George Foreman

PostSubject: Re: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:54 am

I think Mares could be a young star in the sport.(according max boxing) What Im excited about is that Kirkland vs Mayorga will be on the undercard. WAR written all over it
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:57 am

erik21552 wrote:
I think Mares could be a young star in the sport.(according max boxing) What Im excited about is that Kirkland vs Mayorga will be on the undercard. WAR written all over it

Mayorga will put up a good fight for a few rounds but Kirkland will eventually beat him to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August   Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August Empty

Back to top Go down

Abner Mares vs Joseph Agbeko to be rescheduled for late July/August
Page 1 of 1