Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times Empty
PostSubject: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Quote :
"I'd like to do a Western. But rather than set it in Texas, have it in slavery times. With that subject that everybody is afraid to deal with. Let's shine that light on ourselves. You could do a ponderous history lesson of slaves escaping on the Underground Railroad. Or, you could make a movie that would be exciting. Do it as an adventure. A spaghetti Western that takes place during that time. And I would call it 'A Southern.'"

A commenter at Hollywood Elsewhere claims to have read the script and describes it further as follows:

"The title character Django is a freed slave, who under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) becomes a badass bounty hunter himself and after assisting Waltz on taking down some bad guys for profit, is in turn assisted by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner. And that doesn't even half begin to cover it! This film deals with racism as I've rarely seen it handled in a Hollywood film. While it's 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglourious and you'll get a sense of what he's doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one. It's violent and funny and full of great Tarantino monologues and shoot outs (and slave rapes and slave tortures) and the center piece of the script is this fantastic relationship between Django and his Obi-Wan Waltz and it all just f*cking works in the way only Tarantino makes it work."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77036
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm

should be good and i love westerns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Kinda disappointed it's not going to be a full out western.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't want QT to ever make a movie that falls into a generic genre
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:47 pm

I ran the quote through the Bullshit Translator and this is what it gave me;
Quote :
I need a fresh excuse to populate my script with the word "Nigger" as many times as I can and a slave movie provides the perfect cover story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I ran the quote through the Bullshit Translator and this is what it gave me;
Quote :
I need a fresh excuse to populate my script with the word "Nigger" as many times as I can and a slave movie provides the perfect cover story.

QT does seem to be obsessed with that word, even uttered it himself in Pulp Fiction.

Tarantino even shoe horned in some N discussion in Inglorious Basterds .
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Fine by me. He says the word every1 thinks is forbidden to be said.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:37 pm

LOL you know Nigger is gonna be all throughout this movie. They might even eat Nigger in the movie who knows?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Spike Lee already got on QT for the N word usage after the release of Jakie Brown and ended up getting completely owned by Samuel L. Jackson. Simply, QT can say the N word as much as he wants and nobody can tell him nothing, because he does not care. Kind of like how Trey Parker and Matt Stone never get in trouble for saying fag and nigger on south park..they always put it in it's proper or funny context and even if people got mad, they would tell them to go fuck themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Will Smith could be up for the lead.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77289
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Please God NO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Please God NO

Laughing How anyone can hate the fresh prince is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Quite possibly my least favorite actor out there
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm

How about Denzel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:05 pm

josh200612 wrote:
How about Denzel?

Isn't Denzel a bit old for the role ?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Ali wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
How about Denzel?

He doesn't look that old lol.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I think Washington would be good in a Tarantino movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Ali wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
How about Denzel?

He doesn't look that old lol.

Denzel finally looked his age in Unstoppable.

I'd recommend Chiwetel Ejiofor for this role.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:18 pm

How about a talented white actor in black face?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:18 pm

How about Isaiah Washington?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

How about Ken Jeong?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Ali wrote:
How about Ken Jeong?

PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:29 am

Last i checked, Denzel didnt appreciate Quentin Tarantino using the word "nigger" too much in his films. So i doubt he'll do this one.

I'd like to see Will Smith with a QT script. I think Tarantino can work magic with Smith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:53 am

Would be nice to see Smith in a meaty role for a change, I am bored of all the nice guy hero roles.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Will Smith...QT? Shut up with that noise. Please don't fag op Tarantino with Will motherfucking Smith. Why not Martin Larwence or fuck it, Tyler Perry!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times   Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarantino's new film to be a western set in slave times
Page 1 of 1