Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 am

Quote :
In the midst of the toughest stretch of his still pretty young career with three consecutive losses in the UFC, Dan Hardy says he’s rededicating himself in three big areas -- wrestling, fun and Roy Nelson.

As a matter of fact, those things are all interlinked for The Outlaw, who is in the process of relocating to Las Vegas to break up the monotony. The itinerant Nelson has become a sort of unlikely mentor to Hardy.

“I’ve been doing a lot of work with Roy,” Hardy told ESPN.com during the Fan Expo in Toronto. “We talk back and forth most days and he has a lot of information and I feel like I need him to teach me, so I’m going to go out there and spend a lot of time with him. He travels around different gyms working with different guys, so I’m just going to follow his lead when I’m over here.”

Hardy still splits time between England and the States. But rather than stay in Los Angeles, he is going to move to Vegas and turn his attention to the most glaring weakness in his game -- his wrestling. It’s become the bane of his existence.

“I had a good talk with Roy about it," Hardy said. "My opinion of it is, I can’t finish a fight with wrestling. So my focus has been striking and submissions. Roy’s take on it is that you need wrestling to control the fight wherever it goes. And I have to agree with him; he’s convinced me.”

This would seem like an evolved Hardy if you’ve listened to his general dissension with wrestling in the past. His biggest problem with grappling as a fighting style was always ennui. But, with some advice from Big Country, he is changing his ideology, his geography and his attitude.

“Yeah, being with Roy, I still kind of find it a little unusual myself,” Hardy said. “He’s a very down to earth guy, very solid, very smart. He helps me out with a lot of things within the sport, not just training. We discuss game plan and things like that. We just get on well. I think he’s got a lot to teach me. If I give him a little bit of my time, I can get a lot out. He’ll be cornering me in my next fight, and I’ll likely be cornering him for his, too.”
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Here it begins...he won't become even respectable at wrestling and the rest of his game that he is good at(not much) will fade.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 pm

That's great, but what's he going to do to prevent from being nearly head-kicked KO'd in the first round against AJ and KO'd by Carlos Condit in the first ten seconds? The guy is so freaking over-rated it's silly. He's a stand-up fighter that can't stand.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm

He got caught by AJ while looking for the shot and caught a good left by Condit in the middle of a brawling exchange. It's not like those same scenarios couldn't and won't happen to someone else.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:25 pm

lol dan hardy
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:12 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
That's great, but what's he going to do to prevent from being nearly head-kicked KO'd in the first round against AJ and KO'd by Carlos Condit in the first ten seconds? The guy is so freaking over-rated it's silly. He's a stand-up fighter that can't stand.

+1

His biggest asset is his gumby like limbs
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Between Hardy and Koscheck, GSP basically had 2010 off. Bring on Jake Shields, and the winners of Fitch/Penn/Kim/Condit. Maybe Diaz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Ludo wrote:
He got caught by AJ while looking for the shot and caught a good left by Condit in the middle of a brawling exchange. It's not like those same scenarios couldn't and won't happen to someone else.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling   Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Hardy's working with Roy Nelson, is going to move to Vegas to improve wrestling
Page 1 of 1