Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS Empty
PostSubject: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Quote :
Former heavyweight champ Roy Jones Jr. is the latest boxer to take a pounding from the IRS. After it was recently revealed that Floyd Mayweather Jr. was hit with a past due tax bill of nearly $3.4 million, former four division champion Roy Jones Jr. has been hit with an even bigger bill for $3.5 million dollars. Robert Snell of The Detroit News reports that the IRS filed a $629,085 lien against Jones on March 21 with the Santa Rosa County Clerk in Florida. Those taxes are owed from 2009, but there is also another lien, which was filed on February 11, 2008 for $2,946,650 in Santa Rosa County. That bill is for Jones' earnings in 2003 and 2004. Jones returns on May 22 in Moscow against dangerous cruiserweight Denis Lebedev.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-jr-now-battered-by-irs-owes-35-million--37864
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I heard that he was having some problems prior to the B-Hop fight. Sad thing is even after he gets slaughtered by Lebedev he's going to have to keep fighting.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
I heard that he was having some problems prior to the B-Hop fight. Sad thing is even after he gets slaughtered by Lebedev he's going to have to keep fighting.

+1

500k I saw was purse for that fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:40 pm

This is how Roy blew his career money.

Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Remember the ass whoopin from Glen Johnson I got?
Got with a right hand then I dropped
Y'ALL MUSTA FORGOT!

Even though he doesn't speak well, Roy is an educated guy, he only has himself to blame for this.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Remember the ass whoopin from Glen Johnson I got?
Got with a right hand then I dropped
Y'ALL MUSTA FORGOT!

Even though he doesn't speak well, Roy is an educated guy, he only has himself to blame for this.

Yep

Stick with the HBO gig or any other boxing related sho

Go crazy doing appearances, movies, talk shows, whatever the fuck he can get his name/face on

See George Foreman, not Evander Holyfield
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I dont think he does a bad job on HBO but his fighting career has been over for a while. he is going to get KOed and its a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS   Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr in trouble with the IRS
Page 1 of 1