Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?

Go down 
+2
Bigs03
OU
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Empty
PostSubject: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 am

I enjoyed the night overall. I got there a little before 5pm, first fight started about 5:30. Started of slow, Elliot Marshall decision was fucking horrible, no way possible he won that fight.
My favorite fight of the night was Tyson Griffin vs Hermes Franca, man Griffin is a fast mother fucker. The Oklahoma guy got choked out by a nice arm triangle, that was pretty sweet. Cro Cop didn't do shit but push off, he is done.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:52 am

Yeah man the biggest disappointment was definitely CroCop. He looked horrible, what a waste of space on the fight card he's become.

I thought all the fights were pretty good other than that one. I knew Vitor was gonna put Rich down although I was hoping to see a little more of a war.

The best fight of the night may have happened in the stands...did you see those two dudes go flying down the stairs??? That must've hurt like a biatch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 am

only fighter I got to see up close or meet in any way was Paul Buentello, ran into him after the fights. Shook his hand but that was it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am

I couldn't see that fight at all, it couldn't have been further away from me, it was diagonally across from me. I could see everyone turned around and cheering but I didn't see a thing.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I couldn't see that fight at all, it couldn't have been further away from me, it was diagonally across from me. I could see everyone turned around and cheering but I didn't see a thing.

Dude it was insane, a brawl, 2 guys went flying down the stairs. Craziest fight I've ever seen at a sporting event. Good stuff.

Also, did you buy the UFC link headphones? Those were awesome.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 am

No I didn't buy them but I started to regret it once the action picked up. It is very different watching the fights with no commentary except the drunk fuckers around you. Next time I will buy it for sure. Damn that place had crazy bass going on, I have never heard bass hit that hard in my life.
I loved the huge HD screen above the ring, couldn't help but watch the screen sometimes. I got some nice shots of the replays on the screen, they turned out really well on my camera.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
No I didn't buy them but I started to regret it once the action picked up. It is very different watching the fights with no commentary except the drunk fuckers around you. Next time I will buy it for sure. Damn that place had crazy bass going on, I have never heard bass hit that hard in my life.
I loved the huge HD screen above the ring, couldn't help but watch the screen sometimes. I got some nice shots of the replays on the screen, they turned out really well on my camera.

Yeah the headphones are just little ghetto radios with one earbud but it worked well. Much better than hearing the dumbasses around you talking like they know anything about mma.

That whole venue was nice. We were on the platinum level and they had some badass bars and stuff up there. I like the way the Toyota Center is setup a little better but the amenities and the american airline center were really nice. I was watching the screen a lot. I could see everything in the cage just fine but the screen would show whether or not a punch landed clean or not and I couldn't really see that looking at the cage.

I'm sure you saw Faber, Jenna Jameson, Tito, all the regulars.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:15 am

I was on the Platinum level as well. Yeah I saw Faber, Cuban, Chuck, Dana, Tito and Jenna all on the same row. They were on the opposite side as me, they were facing me. I couldn't get a very good zoom but you can seem them in some of the pictures. You can tell it is Dana and Tito and Jenna. You have to know what you are looking for to spot Cuban and Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 am

That blonde ring girl is so freakin hot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
That blonde ring girl is so freakin hot.

hell yeah she is, I tried to get a few pics of the girls but they didn't turn out too well. Didn't help that my camera died.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:43 pm

Honestly the overall group of fans that were at UFC 103 made me realize why certain boxers and boxing fans say the things they do about MMA fans. It was 99% white, you could find atleast 99 white guys for every minority. Most were tattooed up, drunk and completely ignorant about almost every fighter on the card. I was somewhat surprised, did not expect it to be quite so bad.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 pm

I loved every second of 103. Seeing fights live, feeding off the energy, and the lack of commentary puts it in another perspective.

I can also agree with the fans. There were a shit load of tatted up, drunk, d bags. But there was a surprising amount of females and Asian dudes too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:02 pm

man the females were looking fucking nice at 103, too bad they all had two muscled up doosh bags with them. Bitches were dressed to impress though to say the least. Texas got ass, I'll give them that. I can have that border war all night long.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Yeah man the women were good. Douchebags were out in full force too. There were a couple right by me who kept getting up and standing in the aisle talking on their Iphones. I was about to freak out cause they kept blocking my view.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:50 pm

test, to see how to upload my pics
UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Efrian12
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 pm

that is just 1 of my pics, I have a ton. I will try and mess with it later and upload some more
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:29 pm

sweet pic sooner. I would have thought given the distance and the lighting that you'd get major blur, but that looks crisp.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:05 pm

lol nice mention about the d-bags most tatted and bald wearing affliction or tapout. Thats how it was for fight night. everyone was an expert on mma. at one point i stood up and yelled gogo palata when two fighters were in over under on the clinch. I dont know if the jackasses around me knew i was taking a shot at them but it was amusing nontheless.

I got to meet or stand near alot of the fighters on fight night i have a quick post about it on here

what was attendance?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 pm

17+K
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Griffi10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:48 pm

took this picture of the replay on the big HD TV above the cage.
UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Griffi11
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:53 pm

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Kos_be10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 pm

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Griffi12
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 am

love the pic of escudero sooners!...
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 am

so there wasnt many latino fans at 103? wtf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?   UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 103- Bigs, Farmer what did you think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next