Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glad I didn't pay for that card

Go down 
+8
Bigs03
LA
thome_nerko
timthebim
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
MikeyLikesIt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

Glad I didn't pay for that card Empty
PostSubject: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 am

Very underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:40 am

Good card.....IF YOU WANNA SEE FIGHTS FINISHED....THEY FINISH FIGHTS![/kennyflorian]
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:44 am

I didn't pay for it but I was pretty damn entertained
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:09 am

It was fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:17 am

I dont know about awesome but it was ok. The main events were very anti climatic. Cro Cop really let me down as did Ace.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 am

Great card....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 am

I thought it was good, yeah the Franklin vs. Vitor fight wasn't as good as anticipated, but at least it added a new contender to the MW division.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:19 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I thought it was good, yeah the Franklin vs. Vitor fight wasn't as good as anticipated, but at least it added a new contender to the MW division.

Neither were many of the fights.

Cro Cop sucked and that fight wasn't entertaining just a lot of pushing.

I wouldn't call very little action then Rich getting KO'd entertaining.

Only one that had lots of action was Kampmann Dailey.

It just definitely was NOT PPV worthy. They need to do better than that.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:58 pm

[quote="MikeyLikesIt"]
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Neither were many of the fights.

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Cro Cop sucked and that fight wasn't entertaining just a lot of pushing.

Cigano dominated for 2.5 rounds. He pushed the pace and landed some big shots to the head and body and finally a knee and punch to the eye and Cro Cop showed his lack of heart and folded like a coward.

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
I wouldn't call very little action then Rich getting KO'd entertaining.

I was rooting for Rich heavily, but Vitor looked awesome and established himself as a contender for Anderson.

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Only one that had lots of action was Kampmann Dailey.

What fights didn't have action?

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
It just definitely was NOT PPV worthy. They need to do better than that.

Sure it wasn't packed with huge names, but how could you not enjoy like 9 fights with finishes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I enjoyed it very much if it was PPV here I would have payed for it.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

It was a very good card except for the co-main event. Cro Cop is horrible now, I don't understand what happened to him but he sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 am

I was at a wedding and couldn't watch the fights live, but I thought it was a pretty sweet card and would have been worth it imo, atleast to split it.

Cro-Cop didn't look great, but DosSantos is beastly. and I don't think Cro-Cop quit because of "pushing" - Dos Santos was beating him up badly, especially in round 3 when he started incorporating knees and MT clinch work.

I was psyched to see Tyson Griffin get a qualtiy finish - I haven't seen a boring Griffin fight yet, even though he has been in decisions his last 6 fights or so.

Frank Trigg Koscheck wasn't competitive, but I like first round KOs (also this is pretty much what I expected)

I would have liked a back and forth battle with Rich and Vitor, but like I said, I enjoy quick KOs too and this should help hype an Anderson-Vitor matchup.

Kampman Daley was fun to watch as well - Kampmann's ego and underestimation of Daley's striking certainly helped Daley out.

The undercard had some great fights with a lot of action and some great finishes as well, but no one had to pay for those, so I suppose that point is moot. How about that arm-triange finished from the guard though!

I didn't think there was a boring fight on the card, but perhaps I am easily entertained.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:49 am

I came in with low expectations and they were blown away. Good card. Not worth the PPV before the fights, but well worth it afterwards. Why? Because I'm not fickle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
It was a very good card except for the co-main event. Cro Cop is horrible now, I don't understand what happened to him but he sucks balls.

Father time ?
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Father time ?

I honestly don't think Crocop is that much worse than he was before. I think the competition is constantly getting better, and people know how to deal with him, which is to keep the pressure on him, which will demoralise him and expect the lhk.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 pm

I think Cro Cop has lost all confidence, he said as much after the fight and that is exactly what it looked like in person. He doesn't have the drive the young fighters do, he can't compete with hungrier fighters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Jruq wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Father time ?

I honestly don't think Crocop is that much worse than he was before. I think the competition is constantly getting better, and people know how to deal with him, which is to keep the pressure on him, which will demoralise him and expect the lhk.

Agreed Mirko isn't invincible anymore now that the blueprint is out there.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I was fortunate in that the place I went too showed both PPVs. Here is what I learned. BOXING SUCKS NOW! A horrible fight with a bigmouth winning. At least when a bigmouth in MMA fights they either kick ass or get their ass kicked. That was a snoozer.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I was fortunate in that the place I went too showed both PPVs. Here is what I learned. BOXING SUCKS NOW! A horrible fight with a bigmouth winning. At least when a bigmouth in MMA fights they either kick ass or get their ass kicked. That was a snoozer.
Andrew, bringing the ESPN message board flavor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glad I didn't pay for that card   Glad I didn't pay for that card Empty

Back to top Go down

Glad I didn't pay for that card
Page 1 of 1