Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The truth about the Big East this year in bball

Go down 
+4
josh200612
NoRegret
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
8 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

The truth about the Big East this year in bball Empty
PostSubject: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

I still say it was the best conference this year even if the rest get beat out before the Elite 8. There were 12 teams that were easy top 50 overall in division 1. I just don't think they really had a top 5 team. I do think Pitt is a top 10 team, but after that you can only argue that Notre Dame is top 10. Then you have about 5-7 other teams that are top 25. Crazy things happen in the tourney every year and the Big East teams like my Cards, Pitt, and Gtown are better than the teams who beat them. Not to mention if St John's still had DJ Kennedy they would be playing ball today.

you can look at talent on teams and say this team could beat that team 3 out of 4 times. My Cards would beat Morehead State 3 out of 4 times if they played, but they got beat in game 1 and this isn't the NBA Playoff's where you get another chance. I already hear the Big Least comments everywhere and I just wanted to point this out. Any coach in college bball will tell you the Big East was the best conference this year no matter what happens in the tournament from here on out.

My CARDS will be top 5 with ease. We are losing Knowles, but have the best talent I have ever seen coming in. We will be much better. Oh and Swop and Buck will be playing! Very Happy I am picking them to win the Big Beast tournament next year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Regardless of the 11 bids, this was the weakest year the BE has had in a while. I say this as a lifelong diehard Big East fan. It just wasn't as strong, a lot of mediocrity
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:24 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Regardless of the 11 bids, this was the weakest year the BE has had in a while. I say this as a lifelong diehard Big East fan. It just wasn't as strong, a lot of mediocrity

In the tournament yes, before the tournament no. The Big East had about 8-10 teams that could finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, PAC 10, and ACC. That is a deep conference right there. I wouldn't call a healthy St John's team with DJ Kennedy mediocre. Same goes for about 9 other teams besides Pitt and Notre Dame in the Big East. Next year is going to be down a bit from this year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Regardless, this year was the weakest Big East that I can recall seeing in quite a few seasons
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Regardless, this year was the weakest Big East that I can recall seeing in quite a few seasons

It's okay bobbitt. Nobody's perfect my friend. We all have flaws and this just happens to be one of yours. lol!

I agree to disagree on that my friend. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Quality of play was nowhere near what it has been the last few seasons. Most of that due to the fact that this year's teams just totally lacked the talent of the past couple. There were a couple games this year between top teams in the conference that I had to turn off halfway through because it was just such a poorly played game. That never happens with the BE

That being said, here's to UCONN bringing home a title
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

In the tournament yes, before the tournament no. The Big East had about 8-10 teams that could finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, PAC 10, and ACC. That is a deep conference right there. I wouldn't call a healthy St John's team with DJ Kennedy mediocre. Same goes for about 9 other teams besides Pitt and Notre Dame in the Big East. Next year is going to be down a bit from this year.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm

i'm not sold sorry. i've picked you guys time and time again and you have fucked me. i'm done i have learned my lesson these past years.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 pm

WILL C YA BIG EAST BYE!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Yeah Im alittle surprised to see Pitt and Syracuse and looks like Norte Dame is gone now as well. Rough tourney for the Big East besides UCONN so far.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Tell that shit to my bracket, fuck you Big East, hey Pitt you are playing a team that was is in the National Championship game, except for Heyward being gone, same fucking team, D up, you can't just throw your Jersey out there and call it good. Also though the Big East had two games against each other, so they eliminated themeselves, kinda like Duke and NC can have a game to if NC gets by Ohio St.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 pm

NoRegret wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

LMAO

You know by 1st,2nd,3rd I didn't mean in the Big 10 or Big 12. Now 2nd or 3rd is possible though. OSU and Kansas are the best two teams in college.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Truth about Big East basketball

Worst major conference vs the spread in the tournament in the last decade

FACT
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Truth about Big East basketball

Worst major conference vs the spread in the tournament in the last decade

FACT

No doubt. No excuse for the last two seasons in the tournament. The Big East choked big this year and last year.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 pm

The Big East is exactly like the SEC in football, if they lost 90% of their bowl games. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Its weird I looked up NCAA conferences vs the spread this past decade

know who was the number 1 conference against the spread?

SEC

im sure the Florida repeat teams and Kentucky are major reasons for that but still
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The truth about the Big East this year in bball   The truth about the Big East this year in bball Empty

Back to top Go down

The truth about the Big East this year in bball
Page 1 of 1