Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The nover stout fight is off.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The nover stout fight is off. Empty
PostSubject: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Nover had a seizure in the locker room. He is ok.

According to DW's twitter
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 pm

holy shit. That sucks i was looking forward to that fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Is something up with Norver? He is the same guy that fainted on TUF
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:53 pm

is it a medical suspension or did dana call it.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm

I would think it would be a medical suspension...there not going to clear him to fight if he is having seizures....something must be up with him this could end his fighting career , seizures are no joke.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am

UPDATE
http://mmamania.com/2009/09/17/ufc-quick-quote-phillipe-nover-will-find-out-whats-wrong-and-come-back-to-fight/
“I’ll start off by saying there’s nothing to worry about at this time. My health is great. I feel incredible and I am in peak tip top shape. My weight cut was only about 8 or 9 pounds overall. I dieted as usual for the cut. The weigh-ins were great. I felt good and healthy the whole time here in Oklahoma. Fight day I woke up and ate as usual and again felt fine. I was in the convention center back stage with my corner. All of a sudden I told my trainer Ralph that I wasn’t feeling too good. I told him I’m going to sit down and I took my headphones off. That’s the last thing I remember until waking up on the floor. Apparently my body stiffened up and I lost consciousness. At that point the Oklahoma commission’s doctors came over and asked me a bunch of questions. Next thing I was interview by a few EMTs and the doctors called fight off. I really can’t explain what went wrong. I wound up going to the ER here and the doctor said everything is normal blood, urine, and CT of my head. The only thing abnormal is my blood sugar being high. But that could be from eating so much in the last 24 hrs after the weigh-ins. I was so devastated I couldn’t fight that I broke out in tears. But the fact of the matter is I should take care of this problem and see what’s wrong with me so it will never happen again. My health is my only concern. I know I’ll be back to fight. I’m still looking forward to the fight with Stout. I have to see what’s wrong with me first and I’ll be back on the road for the next one. Thanks for all your support. I’ll keep you all posted.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nover stout fight is off.   The nover stout fight is off. Empty

Back to top Go down

The nover stout fight is off.
Page 1 of 1