Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tom Brady

Go down 
+2
oggy420
Jruq
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:55 pm

is lucky he didn't have a stand-out receiver early in his career. Well maybe anyhow - I think by not having a veteren, but big egoed and therefore primadonna WR like an ocho-cinco or TO that would demand throws whether they are open or not, he was able to just look for open guys more than keying in on just one guy.

Well, I think that could have helped his development, having his steadfast reciever through his career be a Troy Brown, who just wants to win no matter how - freakin put me in at cornerback if it helps, whatever. Who knows, maybe Tom would have been fine with a couple me-first WRs, but I for one think it helped him.

Meh, who knows, maybe I'm full of it, because once Moss was there, he caught more TDs than any other reciever had in a season (though I think Rice's 14 game record is more impressive really) Nah, I still think it helped Tom look for every guy on the field as a threat - Hell, Mike Vrabel has more Superbowl TDs than 99% of the league.

Go Pats Smile
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Wow pats are getting outworked by the Bills early on?
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:57 am

The Pats pulled that out of their ass. Brady lwas shaky early, but regained his form just in time to win.

Those 2 roughing the quarterback calls were completely bogus though - that spearing penalty on the Bills was also suspect, though obviously didn't weigh on my mind like the roughing the passer calls.

If the Bills can stay healthy, I think they can compete this year, especially if Lynch comes back strong in a few games - him and Jackson form a nice 1-2 combination.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 am

I hope Lynch comes back strong - cheifly because he's on my fantasy squad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 am

That was vintage Brady at the end of the game.

On a side note...did anyone catch the Raiders/Chargers game?

I watched the first half of it and it was a great game, the Raiders definately came out to play and held their own. I was quite shocked.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:59 am

Yah, I only caught some of the first half as well and I was surprised how well the Raiders were running. I heard that the Chargers decided to use their best running back though and that saved them.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Jruq wrote:
Yah, I only caught some of the first half as well and I was surprised how well the Raiders were running. I heard that the Chargers decided to use their best running back though and that saved them.

Tomlinson was more productive on the ground than was Sproles last night.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:18 pm

NoRegret wrote:
That was vintage Brady at the end of the game.

On a side note...did anyone catch the Raiders/Chargers game?

I watched the first half of it and it was a great game, the Raiders definately came out to play and held their own. I was quite shocked.

It's bullshit that they put a Monday nighter on so late.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:

True, he had 30 more yards with only 4 more carries, but he also had a turnover and Sproles had 42 more yards recieving, so Sproles had 12 more total yards and didn't lose a fumble (though he did fumble, so that may be a wash) Who would have thought that Oakland's combo of Bush and McFadden would do better?

I just like to rank on Ladanian - the self proclaimed classy guy, who likes to be passive aggressive with his QB. Eh, Rivers is a douche too though, so maybe I shouldn't blame him for that, but I always liked Sproles and his speed scares me when my Pats played the Chargers.

Is he actually a better player than Tomlinson? Probably not, but he is a better third down back and can return kicks as well. Tomlinson is also not what he once was.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:27 pm

I love Sproles nickname "Lightning Bug". I still get flash backs from when he carved up OU in the Big 12 Championship game. Watching him succeed in the NFL makes it not sting as much.
Does LT still think he is better then AD? If so then he is the only one.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Jruq wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:

True, he had 30 more yards with only 4 more carries, but he also had a turnover and Sproles had 42 more yards recieving, so Sproles had 12 more total yards and didn't lose a fumble (though he did fumble, so that may be a wash) Who would have thought that Oakland's combo of Bush and McFadden would do better?

I just like to rank on Ladanian - the self proclaimed classy guy, who likes to be passive aggressive with his QB. Eh, Rivers is a douche too though, so maybe I shouldn't blame him for that, but I always liked Sproles and his speed scares me when my Pats played the Chargers.

Is he actually a better player than Tomlinson? Probably not, but he is a better third down back and can return kicks as well. Tomlinson is also not what he once was.

Personally, I think Tomlinson is still going to have a nice year even though his career is obviously in decline. Sproles is definitely a speedy guy but LT is still one of the better backs in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tom Brady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady   Tom Brady Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady
Page 1 of 1