Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson

Go down 
+5
LA
Jamal
killerofchicken
captain organic
bobbitt15
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/8/1983205/mauricio-shogun-reaffirms-he-would-accept-a-fight-with-anderson-silva

And this fight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anderson-GSP in my book. This is the shit I want to see but Shogun still has plenty of challengers at 205 since he just took the title
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Im with u, on this being much more interesting the GSP. I also think this is more interesting then most Rua fights at 205.

Is this fight more likely if both r champs?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:34 am

lets see shogun defend the title a few times first and then if silva moves up you could make this fight
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 am

If Rua beats Jones then I'd rather see Rua-Silva than Silva-GSP.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:29 am

Right with ya B, Gun vs Anderson would be epic, I'd actually rather see him face a couple LHWs first, but GSP is amazing just the same.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am

Its not even close I would rather see Silvs vs Shogun over Spider vs GSP which I have very little interest in.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 am

Much rather see this fight then GSP vs Spider. I think Spider would be more competitive at LHW then GSP would be at MW.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:33 am

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:52 am

I agree also.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 am

Of course I'd rather see Shogun vs Anderson than GSP vs Anderson. But Shogun does have more contenders to fight before they can make a fight with him and Silva imo. I wish Anderson would just jump up to 205 instead of fight GSP but whatever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Of course I'd rather see Shogun vs Anderson than GSP vs Anderson. But Shogun does have more contenders to fight before they can make a fight with him and Silva imo. I wish Anderson would just jump up to 205 instead of fight GSP but whatever

I'd prefer neither guy get a immediate title shot. I wouldn't mind either guy getting a immediate #1 contender fight at a higher weight. I talked about this yesterday, I think every single title shot should be earned in that weight class.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:51 am

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I'd prefer neither guy get a immediate title shot. I wouldn't mind either guy getting a immediate #1 contender fight at a higher weight. I talked about this yesterday, I think every single title shot should be earned in that weight class.

And I agree with that, I just wouldn't complain if they gave Anderson an immediate shot at Shogun.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Listen if GSP moves up to middle i think he should get an immediate title shot. I dont want to see the fight but if he did make the move he deserves the shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

timthebim wrote:
Listen if GSP moves up to middle i think he should get an immediate title shot. I dont want to see the fight but if he did make the move he deserves the shot.

I don't think he would be a top 5 MW, so no I don't think he deserves a shot at that weight class.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 pm

OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I don't think he would be a top 5 MW, so no I don't think he deserves a shot at that weight class.

I dont think he stays at MW if he loses so if BJ moved up and got the title shot why not GSP at MW?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I dont think he stays at MW if he loses so if BJ moved up and got the title shot why not GSP at MW?

BJ was a former Champion of that weight class, he was highly ranked in that weight class in the past. Different situation. Also he had a very close fight with the current Champion in the past.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Agree but if GSP moves up he deserves the shot if u ask me. Sucks for Okami but hey thats the way shit goes. I dont think the fight is going to happen any time soon either way but when or if he does move up he gets first crack.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 pm

How does GSP not deserve a title shot? Its a superfight between the 2 top ranked P4P guys in the sport, the title is irrelevant in the whole picture
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
How does GSP not deserve a title shot? Its a superfight between the 2 top ranked P4P guys in the sport, the title is irrelevant in the whole picture

Agreed except for the title thing.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm

The MW title would take a backseat to the title of P4P King which would be the ultimate prize in that fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Maybe to you. I don't think GSP can hang at MW, I'd like to see him atleast test it out vs a top fighter before being given #1 contender status at a weight he doesn't fight at just because he can beat all the UFC WWs on roster. The "Super Fight" title does nothing for me personally.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 pm

How can you not like Shogun? The guy has respect, professionalism, skill and style of fight. He does it with respect, but I think he is smarter in that being upfront and even is probably something that gets under Anderson's skin. Remember when Anderson was saying Shogun doesn't even deserve to fight to be a Champion? Machida beat Shogun 50-45? What did Shogun say?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The MW title would take a backseat to the title of P4P King which would be the ultimate prize in that fight

So if Anderson beats GSP in a close fight he is better p4p? But GSP is at a disadvantage not fighting at his weight? I wouldn't drop GSP for losing in the p4p rankings.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:04 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Yeah but I think GSP said the fight only happens if he can make a move to stay at MW so the title does mean something.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Tthe title means something, but your right still. This fights significance would far and away exceed the title itself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson   Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun reaffirms the fact that he would fight Anderson
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next