Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holyfield fight ruled no contest!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Holyfield fight ruled no contest! Empty
PostSubject: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:06 am

I was just reading about the card last night and dan Refeal is pretty much saying it was the worst PPV in Boxing history lol. I guess Holyfield looked terrible and pretty much bailed himself out by quitting with a cut that rafeal said didnt look bad at all so the fight was ruled a no contest. Im stunned that the fight last night was for a belt lol. Holyfield if u are listening please retire! It is terrible to watch a legend still going at 48 years old and take beatings by nobodies like u do.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:36 pm

ya Holyfield honestly used the cut to bail out

I dont know about worst PPV card ever though, Bob Arums Latin night cards can be pretty shitty
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Yeah Dan Refeal was saying on twitter it was the worst ppv ever lol.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:43 pm

damn, for me the worst PPV I ever bought was Marco Antonio Barrerra vs Kevin Kelley
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
damn, for me the worst PPV I ever bought was Marco Antonio Barrerra vs Kevin Kelley

Yeah I bought that also and it was terrible. Damn that was like 7 or 8 years ago lol.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 pm

The worst 1 I think i ever ordered was Roy Jones vs John Ruiz lol.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

ya that Kelley vs Barrerra one was a while back, ya Roy vs Ruiz was fucking boring. Love how Roy thought it would make him a star......nope
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya that Kelley vs Barrerra one was a while back, ya Roy vs Ruiz was fucking boring. Love how Roy thought it would make him a star......nope

If he would have fought any other HW Champ maybe, but not by beating a guy that throws 10 punches a round.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm

ya everyone knew Lennox was the man in that divisoin that fight was a joke, I laugh when people refer to Roy as a former Heavyweight Champ, Roy turned down 13 millin guaranteed with a possibility of making 20 million vs Mike Tyson (which was damn near triple Roys highest payday to that point) and Roy nearly pissed himself

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah he wanted no part of that fight at all. With his speed and Mikes decline he may have had a chance to get a decision over Mike too. Thats what made it so bad to me.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:06 pm

I think Roy knew Tyson still hit to hard for him
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I think Roy knew Tyson still hit to hard for him

U are probably right there but he could have danced for 12 rounds and probably got a decision or frastrated Mike until he got DQed lol.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Roy probably would have won but he was to afraid to take the risk, story of his career.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Roy probably would have won but he was to afraid to take the risk, story of his career.

Absolutely agree. Had he ever took a chance he really had the skills to be a great fighter.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm

sucks that we will never know
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:29 pm

U are right about that Bird.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 am

Tyson KOs Jones at any point of their careers or else wins similar to Mayorga in the rematch with Forrest. Jones would have been way too afraid to engage at all
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:31 am

thats kinda what i think bobbit i personally think Mike KTFO of Jones reguardless if Jones is on and mike is old, Mike was just wrong for Roy, he hit too damn hard
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Mike got frastrated easy guys. if Roy hit him and danced around Mike would have did something stupid and got DQed. I was a huge Mike Tyson fan and I just think Roy in his prime would have beaten an old Mike tyson.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

is this the same evander holifield that fought when i was a toddler? WTF!?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
is this the same evander holifield that fought when i was a toddler? WTF!?

LMAO this is the line of the day.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm

one in the same josh sadly one in the same

Vander got fucked, he won his damn belt against Valuev and got screwed, since then we have had to watch him hope and pray for a title

it aint likely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holyfield fight ruled no contest!   Holyfield fight ruled no contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Holyfield fight ruled no contest!
Page 1 of 1