Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 Empty
PostSubject: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Quote :
The trilogy of fights between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard may come to a conclusion during UFC 130 set for May 28 in Las Vegas.

Sources close to the negotiations explained to MMAWeekly.com that the end of May appears to be the target day for the bout, but nothing is set in stone at this point, as a few factors are still in play.

The biggest of those issues is the health of both fighters. They both expect to be healthy and ready for the May 28 timeline, but it still has to be determined before bout agreements would be issued.

Edgar suffered a broken nose in the bout, but he mentioned May as a possible landing date for the fight when speaking with MMAWeekly Radio last week.

“I’m trying to do it right where my body gets sufficient enough rest, and mentally I’m all there, but I’m good,” Edgar said. “We’ll see what the UFC wants, make sure my nose is all healed up, maybe May, something like that.”

Maynard came out of the fight without any serious injuries, which points to the May 28 date as the leading candidate to land the UFC lightweight title fight.

The Memorial Day weekend card has had several rumored additions over the last week, and a fight between Edgar and Maynard would be the main event for the show. UFC 130 has yet to be officially announced, but the Ultimate Fighting Championship traditionally promotes on Memorial weekend at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Edgar and Maynard battled to a five round draw just over a week ago at UFC 125 in Las Vegas. The lightweights went back and forth in a classic that will surely be nominated for “Fight of the Year” when 2011 closes, but the draw left the door open for a third and final match between the two.

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-130-memorial-weekend-show-targeted-for-edgar-vs-maynard-3
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

who would have thought that this would be the LW trilogy were drooling over...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah that fight last week was awesome. Frankie showed alot of heart and Gray showed he is up to the challenge of the champ. Cant wait to see part 3.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:36 pm

If Frankie wins a close one will we see a part IV sometime next year?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Jamal wrote:

I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:20 pm

timthebim wrote:
Jamal wrote:

I doubt it.

Why would you doubt it? If Frankie wins a part four happens within the next year for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Jamal wrote:

I doubt it.

Why would you doubt it? If Frankie wins a part four happens within the next year for sure.

I doubt it like I said. Dana is already saying they need to fight to end it and prove who the real champ is. When was there another time when 2 fighters in the UFC fought 4 times? thats why I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:25 pm

When was the last time a draw was involved in a UFC trilogy? Yikes tim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
When was the last time a draw was involved in a UFC trilogy? Yikes tim.

Doesnt matter either way there wont be a 4 unless neither has the title. Yikes right back at you!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Way to many contenders to give Gray another shot within a year if he loses sorry.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:48 pm

i would not be surprised if there was a 4th, especially if the loser of the 3rd one took out a top contender
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i would not be surprised if there was a 4th, especially if the loser of the 3rd one took out a top contender

I just think u got Pettis, Miller, Aussie George just to name a few all waiting on a title shot. I guess u guys could be right but I just dont see it happening.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 am

Cool sooner than expected
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Cool sooner than expected
yea thats what i was thinking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3   UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 130 Memorial Weekend Show Targeted for Edgar vs. Maynard 3
Page 1 of 1