Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luck stays at Stanford

Go down 
+3
timthebim
killerofchicken
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Luck stays at Stanford Empty
PostSubject: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will return for his junior season and skip the 2010 NFL draft, the school announced on Thursday.

"I am committed to earning my degree in architectural design from Stanford University and am on track to accomplish this at the completion of the spring quarter of 2012", Luck said in a statement.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 pm

I think much like Sam Bradford, even if Luck gets hurt next season he will be the top pick in the draft. It won't be like Jake Locker. Luck has the size and the tools, he is a lock top 10 pick next year no matter what.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 pm

REALLY? wow i thought he was going pro for sure
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Could this bring Harbaugh back for a year? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Big Mistake for Luck.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm

timthebim wrote:
Big Mistake for Luck.

His stock is so high, I don't see any QB jumping him for next draft. Although I would say being selected #1 overall to the Panthers isn't too bad, far worse places to go.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:05 pm

could the lockout have affected his decision?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
could the lockout have affected his decision?

could have, smart guys there at Stanford.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I think it's an all around bad move. So he's committing to two more years? It could be a lot more like Jake Locker than you think.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:20 pm

from what i hear his dad is pulling out an insurance policy if that helps.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
I think it's an all around bad move. So he's committing to two more years? It could be a lot more like Jake Locker than you think.

1 more
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:01 pm

what a dumbass

hes acting like his reason for staying is to get his degree?

Hey moron you can get that after you have 30 to 50 million guaranteed, look at Clausen (getting his degree from ND this summer)

Harbaugh ain't coming back, kids as dumb as he looks
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 pm

josh200612 wrote:
from what i hear his dad is pulling out an insurance policy if that helps.

I heard no 1 ever collects on the policys because if u do u can never play a down in the NFL. Luck is already the number 1 pick u cant get higher than that so its time to go.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm

You only live once. If he wants to spend another season with his friends on one of the nicest campuses out there tagging college pussy I say go for it. The pros can wait and his stock isn't going to drop
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
You only live once. If he wants to spend another season with his friends on one of the nicest campuses out there tagging college pussy I say go for it. The pros can wait and his stock isn't going to drop

Isnt going to rise either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luck stays at Stanford   Luck stays at Stanford Empty

Back to top Go down

Luck stays at Stanford
Page 1 of 1