[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Congrats TCU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit
Posts : 14830
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 30
Location : Cincinnati

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Undefeated season and Rose Bowl champions. What a shame with this crock of shit system that they couldn't have an opportunity to win a title. Great offense, defense, coaching, special teams, etc. Fun team to watch

_________________
Congrats TCU 0000
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 pm

There any chance if Oregon wins that the voters give TCU half the title?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 256
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 34

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I love it. Feels good to watch a little guy take out a team that I thought was top 4. Big ten goes 0-5 today. Good thing Illinois got them a win earlier.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I L L I N I


Whew. We saved the conference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There any chance if Oregon wins that the voters give TCU half the title?

not even close

they wouldnt have even played us had Auburn lost to Alabama

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

congrats to my ol High school buddy Greg McCoy he played a great game

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir
Posts : 8931
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 34
Location : Charlotte , North Carolina

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:33 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
I love it. Feels good to watch a little guy take out a team that I thought was top 4. Big ten goes 0-5 today. Good thing Illinois got them a win earlier.





no room for little boys.

_________________
Congrats TCU 1904178_621872191195221_1922275243_n
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis
Posts : 10925
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 43
Location : Kentuckiana

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
There any chance if Oregon wins that the voters give TCU half the title?

not even close

they wouldnt have even played us had Auburn lost to Alabama

I can assure you that TCU would have played Oregon had Auburn lossed to Bama. They had good wins on their schedule and they are undefeated. Nobody else deserved to be in the championship game besides TCU if that happened.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo
Posts : 3288
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 38
Location : Cedar Rapids

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I L L I N I


Whew. We saved the conference.

By beating an unranked team that never goes to bowl games? I think as far as wins go the Iowa one blows that one out of the water. I was at the Iowa Illinois basketball game that night and it was almost half and half on fans. That's how much your own fans don't even care about an Illinois bowl win.

I say congrats to TCU too, but coaching cost Wisconsin that game. When you can run up the middle all day on a team, why consistently abandoned it? Then to throw for the two point conversion was basically a forfeit.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 256
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 34

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

josh200612 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
I love it. Feels good to watch a little guy take out a team that I thought was top 4. Big ten goes 0-5 today. Good thing Illinois got them a win earlier.





no room for little boys.

The AQ conferences are below .500 this year. The Big East and ACC were ripped and abandoned during the year and they are the only 2 with winning bowl records so far (SEC should get there). Even including the Irish as an AQ school means the best the AQ schools can do is get to .500 against non-AQ. The Big 10 is the vaunted conference on here and is going at best 3-5 at the end of this with 1-1 in BCS bowls. I think they will end up 2-6 and 0-2. I give the SEC a decent chance to run the table which would hurt the credibility of the Big 10 and Big 12. It will be interesting to see if you try to refute any of these facts.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 32
Location : D Town

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 pm

b east just telling you Wisconsin would have unfairly jumped them

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir
Posts : 8931
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 34
Location : Charlotte , North Carolina

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:16 pm

LOl beeg im just fucking with you.

_________________
Congrats TCU 1904178_621872191195221_1922275243_n
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir
Posts : 8931
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 34
Location : Charlotte , North Carolina

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:24 pm

it was a good win for TCU it was shocking they played a damn good game.

_________________
Congrats TCU 1904178_621872191195221_1922275243_n
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo
Posts : 3288
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 38
Location : Cedar Rapids

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
I love it. Feels good to watch a little guy take out a team that I thought was top 4. Big ten goes 0-5 today. Good thing Illinois got them a win earlier.





no room for little boys.

The AQ conferences are below .500 this year. The Big East and ACC were ripped and abandoned during the year and they are the only 2 with winning bowl records so far (SEC should get there). Even including the Irish as an AQ school means the best the AQ schools can do is get to .500 against non-AQ. The Big 10 is the vaunted conference on here and is going at best 3-5 at the end of this with 1-1 in BCS bowls. I think they will end up 2-6 and 0-2. I give the SEC a decent chance to run the table which would hurt the credibility of the Big 10 and Big 12. It will be interesting to see if you try to refute any of these facts.

The bottomof most aq conferences are terrible, just like every conference, but can't you give credit to aq schools for playing extremely better teams week in and week out? It was an impressive win and I hope it helps get a playoff but you have to stop this. Lol. And yea the big east is great in bowl games...which ones again???
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 256
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 34

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
I love it. Feels good to watch a little guy take out a team that I thought was top 4. Big ten goes 0-5 today. Good thing Illinois got them a win earlier.





no room for little boys.

The AQ conferences are below .500 this year. The Big East and ACC were ripped and abandoned during the year and they are the only 2 with winning bowl records so far (SEC should get there). Even including the Irish as an AQ school means the best the AQ schools can do is get to .500 against non-AQ. The Big 10 is the vaunted conference on here and is going at best 3-5 at the end of this with 1-1 in BCS bowls. I think they will end up 2-6 and 0-2. I give the SEC a decent chance to run the table which would hurt the credibility of the Big 10 and Big 12. It will be interesting to see if you try to refute any of these facts.

The bottomof most aq conferences are terrible, just like every conference, but can't you give credit to aq schools for playing extremely better teams week in and week out? It was an impressive win and I hope it helps get a playoff but you have to stop this. Lol. And yea the big east is great in bowl games...which ones again???


I give EVERYONE credit. I think Oregon and Auburn are the top 2 teams and deserved the chance to play for the title. I think your point that the bottom of AQ conferences highlight the point I tried to make all year and routinely got destroyed for. If you play 3 really weak non-conf games out of 4 and have 4 weak conference games, you only play 5 serious games. So if a non-AQ plays 3 tough non-conf and a couple solid conference games, the schedules are comparable. All I ever wanted was for 1 person to admit Boise was a top 10 team but I couldn't get a single person to budge. You act like I said Wisconsin was a terrible team because I thought Boise and TCU could both give them a game and could possibly win. Its painful for me to highlight Big Ten's failings in the bowls because I like the Big Ten and I'm from Big Ten country but everyone here seemed to be Big Ten or Big 12 fans and very confident of their conference's abilities.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo
Posts : 3288
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 38
Location : Cedar Rapids

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:13 pm

My point is that playing the bottom of the top 4 conferences is much tougher than anyone below the leader of a non-AQ conference. I would much rather get to play Fresno St and Hawaii than Purdue and Minnesota. I'm not saying you trashed these teams but it's always about non-AQ's not getting respect and I feel like they get plenty.
TCU going to the Big East makes no difference, if they wanted to be competitive week in and week out and gain the respect they feel they deserve then the Big 12 was the place to go.

I hope they figure out a playoff, but then people will bitch that the 7th, 9th, 11th, etc... team deserved to get in. At least we get #1 vs. #2 every year now.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo
Posts : 15046
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Boston, Mass and Los Angeles, California

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Possibly not always the real #1 and #2, tourney really could decide that.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo
Posts : 3288
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 38
Location : Cedar Rapids

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

LA wrote:
Possibly not always the real #1 and #2, tourney really could decide that.

But you know what I mean. It's not #1vs#9 and #2 vs#8 anymore which is way better. It is despicable that there isn't a tourney cause it could be donee so easily, but I'll take this over pre-BCS any day.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt


Posts : 256
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 34

Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:44 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
My point is that playing the bottom of the top 4 conferences is much tougher than anyone below the leader of a non-AQ conference. I would much rather get to play Fresno St and Hawaii than Purdue and Minnesota. I'm not saying you trashed these teams but it's always about non-AQ's not getting respect and I feel like they get plenty.
TCU going to the Big East makes no difference, if they wanted to be competitive week in and week out and gain the respect they feel they deserve then the Big 12 was the place to go.

I hope they figure out a playoff, but then people will bitch that the 7th, 9th, 11th, etc... team deserved to get in. At least we get #1 vs. #2 every year now.

I again feel like you are putting words in my mouth. I would say Boise was getting disrespected when people would say someone like Illinois would beat them but I never felt they were disrespected when someone would say that Wisc or tOSU would beat them. I just wouldn't agree with that statement. I thought TCU or Boise deserved the title shot if they went undefeated and <2 AQ schools went undefeated. Just because I root for Boise doesn't mean I think they get disrespected. I also have to admit I got mad when I would hear people say that the powers that be were rigging it for a team with no tradition and little money-making potential. That statement would rile me up every time lol.

I do agree the BCS is the best non-playoff option college football has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Congrats TCU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congrats TCU   Congrats TCU Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Congrats TCU
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: