Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jame Varner released

Go down 
+8
joshkellerseattle
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
LA
OU
Wolfgangsta
Ninja
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Jame Varner released  Empty
PostSubject: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21870/former-wec-champ-jamie-varner-released-by-promotion.mma

Former WEC Champion Jamie Varner Released From WEC/UFC Following Loss

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Damn. Bye mom. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:06 pm

0-3-1 in his last 4 fights. Not going to cut it with the merger. Also he was on his way to a loss in his last "win", saved by an injury.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Varnar was handily on his way to a decision in Cerrone 1. He also really beat Shalarous. The Roller fight was surprising for me because although Varnar isn't likable, he is a fairly talented LW. Figured they'd give him another fight, but the UFC can afford to cut him obviously. I bet he's a contender in Bellator or SF is a couple fights.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:18 pm

he's on his way down IMO, the losses are indicative of that
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:20 pm

LA wrote:
Varnar was handily on his way to a decision in Cerrone 1. He also really beat Shalarous. The Roller fight was surprising for me because although Varnar isn't likable, he is a fairly talented LW. Figured they'd give him another fight, but the UFC can afford to cut him obviously. I bet he's a contender in Bellator or SF is a couple fights.

If it wasn't for a point deduction he would have lost the Shalarous fight. The last real wins he has is over Hicks and Razor Rob, two guys who also couldn't cut it in Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Discredit the fact he was handling Cerrone most of their fight. And Varnar had done enough without the point in that fight, he outboxed Shalarous.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Like I said with the merger expect alot of cuts
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah Varner was going to decision Cerrone and beat Shalarous for sure. That Roller fight was pretty crazy. Just one of those crazy things where Varner was picking him apart and dropped him and then out of nowhere in a scramble Roller had his back and it was over from there
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Varner needs to heal up properly, take some time off and comeback later this year. He should have never forced the Roller fight so soon, he wasn't ready for it, even with the good early performance.

A lot of WEC guys just wont cut it in the UFC, especially at the 155 level. There's a reason he had to go to WEC in the first place, guys. I don't think Varner could beat any of the top 10 UFC LWs right now, maybe even top 12-15.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
Varner needs to heal up properly, take some time off and comeback later this year. He should have never forced the Roller fight so soon, he wasn't ready for it, even with the good early performance.

A lot of WEC guys just wont cut it in the UFC, especially at the 155 level. There's a reason he had to go to WEC in the first place, guys. I don't think Varner could beat any of the top 10 UFC LWs right now, maybe even top 12-15.

It's good to see you posting here again Josh. I disagree though on most WEC guys not being UFC level. The ones they're keeping are UFC level already. The WEC LW division has been built almost entirely by Zuffa as I don't think there are many if any hold overs left from before they took over, and 55 is three times as deep as any other division on the regional level. Many of these guys could have been offered a UFC contract just as easily. S This is the reason they kept the division in the first place while they dissolved the others. ame reason that every other TUF season is a LW season. There is not a significant talent gap between most of the WEC guys and the middle of the UFC LW division. I'm not saying a ton of them are gonna march into the UFC top ten, but that isn't the measure of "UFC Level".
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah, we'll see how long I post...I really don't do much with message boards in general any more, but we'll see.

And yes, while there will be some 155ers that can hang with the UFC guys, it's really only a handful from the WEC. If Varner can't hack it in the UFC, then most other guys won't make a dent either. Only the WEC top 5 (Pettis, Bendo, Cerrone, Roller, Varner) has a chance to do anything and even with that, I think we'll see Roller get cut within the year and Cerrone will have his hands full. LW is just a damn tough division!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
Yeah, we'll see how long I post...I really don't do much with message boards in general any more, but we'll see.

And yes, while there will be some 155ers that can hang with the UFC guys, it's really only a handful from the WEC. If Varner can't hack it in the UFC, then most other guys won't make a dent either. Only the WEC top 5 (Pettis, Bendo, Cerrone, Roller, Varner) has a chance to do anything and even with that, I think we'll see Roller get cut within the year and Cerrone will have his hands full. LW is just a damn tough division!

Varner couldn't hack it in the WEC bro. He's never fought in the UFC. Who is gonna be beating these dudes, Mac Danzig, Mark Bocek? Yves Edwards? Antiono Mckee? Cody Mckenzie? There is just as much if not more dead weight under contract to Zuffa. There is no talent disparity.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:57 pm

He fought twice in the UFC, going 1-1, before getting sent to the WEC by Zuffa. I thought everyone knew this by now.

And out of those names, yes...Antonio McKee can beat most if not all those guys. At least for the next year or two before his body finally quits on him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
joshkellerseattle wrote:

Varner couldn't hack it in the WEC bro. He's never fought in the UFC. Who is gonna be beating these dudes, Mac Danzig, Mark Bocek? Yves Edwards? Antiono Mckee? Cody Mckenzie? There is just as much if not more dead weight under contract to Zuffa. There is no talent disparity.

Why you be hating on my man Bocek? He should be on a 5 fight winning streak right now IMO including a win over the flava of the month, Jim Miller
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 pm

No kidding, Bocek has some of the best jits in the division, he's a handful for anyone in the world at that weight!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm not hatin' just listing guys that are not any better than most of the remaining WEC crew.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:22 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
He fought twice in the UFC, going 1-1, before getting sent to the WEC by Zuffa. I thought everyone knew this by now.

And out of those names, yes...Antonio McKee can beat most if not all those guys. At least for the next year or two before his body finally quits on him.

That's what I am thinking also. McKee is gonna beat some guys in the UFC. He might be the "Fitch" of the LW division, but he will win some fights imo.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Awesome...another lamb for Eddie Alvarez.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:15 am

Haha, I thought Bellator aswell Kings or a SF shot in 2 wins

And yes there is a speration between UFC and WEC LWs, it'll be more evident as they get incorperated into the mix. Most will find themselves bottom middle of the pack. I see Pettis as the one with the best chance, then Bendo, and finally Cerrone but not as much. the rest of the adds will be on a fight by fight basis just like those LWs listed

Bocek however doesn't belong in that mix, he's better then all WEC LWs but Pettis.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 am

Kind of surprising, but 0-3-1........

And he seems like damaged goods.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:33 am

Varnar released and Shalarous gets a 4 fight extension, what that decision may have changed.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He's never fought in the UFC.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:53 am

LA wrote:
Varnar released and Shalarous gets a 4 fight extension, what that decision may have changed.

Shalarous is a guy that could do decent in the UFC if he continues to mix in his wrestling. He's still pretty new to the MMA game if I'm not mistaken and has nice power in his hands/legs albeit a wide punching style
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:29 am

joshkellerseattle wrote:

Admittedly, I did not know that. However I suppose it could be noted he won his last UFC fight. I am not high on Mckee and feel he'd be a contender in the WEC but probably not dominant above guys Kamal, Varner, Cerrone, Bendo, Pettis or Roller. All of those guys will be middle of the pack UFC LW's. A champion could emerge from that group the same as it could from the bulk of the UFC's division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jame Varner released    Jame Varner released  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jame Varner released
Page 1 of 1