Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NoRegret

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 pm

How you feelin about that OSU/USC game this weekend???
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:59 pm

well if I could sum it up short, I'd say nervous/excited.

excited because of the magnitude of the game for my Buckeyes and us fans...its gonna be an electric environment anywhere you go as far as bars or tailgating parties go...

and nervous because of how badly we played in week 1.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm excited to watch it but I think OSU is going down.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:16 pm

yeah, im feelin that way myself but I will back my Buckeyes to the fullest until the game is over.

Win or lose, i'll still support em the same.

I honestly would like to see a coaching change this year...I like Tressel, he's a great coach but not the style of coaching that I like. He's WAAAAYYYYY too conservative with EVERYTHING..

I dont want a coach that intentionally keeps games close with how he calls plays just so he doesnt embarras teams.

I want a guy who's gonna come in there and have the mentality that "I want to crush my opponents each and every week" or something like that. That's the mentality alot of SEC coaches have, thats what Tressel SHOULD, but doesnt have. He's too conservative in my books.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Well, I hope that the game against Navy was a game of looking past a team, because no way they should have allowed that to happen. If they show up like that against USC, they will get run off the field. I picked USC, but I hope it's at least a good game...
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Barkley will make a statement in this game i think!... just so many weapons on that offense...my prediction USC 31- tOSU 13
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
Barkley will make a statement in this game i think!... just so many weapons on that offense...my prediction USC 31- tOSU 13

That score MIGHT hold up, but I dont see USC holding Pryor to 13 points.

And I think you're slightly big-headed when it comes to you assuming that a freshman QB can step into such a hostile enviornment and produce like you're expecting him too.

I say Ohio State 24 USC 20 with a come from behind win for OSU.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm

my honest prediction would be USC 31 and OSU 24
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm

NoRegret wrote:
CainVelasquezFan wrote:

That score MIGHT hold up, but I dont see USC holding Pryor to 13 points.

And I think you're slightly big-headed when it comes to you assuming that a freshman QB can step into such a hostile enviornment and produce like you're expecting him too.

I say Ohio State 24 USC 20 with a come from behind win for OSU.

With all due respect, they allowed Navy to go over the top for 85 and a score and barely squeaked one out. USC's offense is no Navy... Freshman QB or not!!! Like I said before, I hope their lackluster effort was a matter of looking ahead to USC... Because if not, they are getting run off the field in much the same fashion as last year.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:00 pm

yeah, I figure I will be the only one taking my bucks in this game from this forum.

I gotta say I have my doubts, but if Tressel preps them well, we have a shot.

There has also been talks that maybe Tressel downplayed Navy, meaning he played down to their level to make USC think that we're worse than we really are. Now whether those guys are just talking out of their asses (most likely), or whether its true and Tressel is the most clever son of a bitch ever remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 pm

NoRegret wrote:
yeah, I figure I will be the only one taking my bucks in this game from this forum.

There has also been talks that maybe Tressel downplayed Navy, meaning he played down to their level to make USC think that we're worse than we really are. Now whether those guys are just talking out of their asses (most likely), or whether its true and Tressel is the most clever son of a bitch ever remains to be seen.

LOL... Yeah, they're full of shit. Nothing genius about risking a possible shot at a national championship in an attempt at the football version of the rope-a-dope. One mis-cue in a close game and you lose to freaking Navy (A couple of two loss teams could play for the trophy before they would consider you after that...lol). I think as a Buc's fan, you have to hope that was an aberration and they were looking ahead while also hoping he has a firm grasp on things and has them better prepared this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

LOL... Yeah, they're full of shit. Nothing genius about risking a possible shot at a national championship in an attempt at the football version of the rope-a-dope. One mis-cue in a close game and you lose to freaking Navy (A couple of two loss teams could play for the trophy before they would consider you after that...lol). I think as a Buc's fan, you have to hope that was an aberration and they were looking ahead while also hoping he has a firm grasp on things and has them better prepared this Saturday.

I know this...thats why I said they were most likely talking out of their asses.

Jim Tressel is an overrated coach IMO...I already posted on it. He's WAAAAYYYYY too conservative when it comes to coaching for my liking.

I think OSU was prepared for Navy, but there is just absolutely no way to prepare for their triple option, nobody can replicate that offense well enough to stop it completely which is why they've led the nation in rushing 4 years in a row. I dont see USC having as much trickery up their sleeves like Navy used to get alot of big gains.

USC and their west-coast style offense is something that OSU is very used to defending...last year was a fluke loss IMO (beanie wells was out and we still had Boeckman starting) Everytime OSU had Pryor in against that USC defense last year we got a first down...then they'd bring Boeckman back in and he'd get sacked or pressured into making a bad play. I think PRYOR will be the guy to make a statement this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NoRegret Empty
PostSubject: Re: NoRegret   NoRegret Empty

Back to top Go down

NoRegret
Page 1 of 1