Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reem to fight at Dynamite?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Reem to fight at Dynamite? Empty
PostSubject: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:45 am

http://nightmareofbattle.com/?p=4700 (source)

K-1 event producer Tanikawa said at the press conference today that if Alistair Overeem wins tomorrow’s K-1 World GP Final and they find a good opponent he wants to matchmake a DREAM Heavyweight title fight at Dynamite!! on NYE featuring Alistair.

Unless it is against Aleks, this will be a total farce.

And if it were to be against Aleks, it would actually add value to the otherwise comical Fedor vs Valentijn rumor that has been out there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Why would that Emelianenko and that Overeem fight? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Why would that Emelianenko and that Overeem fight? Ugh.

So he can fight someone he knows he can beat and take even more time off after the 31st like he said a month ago. I doubt a Reem fight happens that fast.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Reem did this last year too.

Opponents I wouldn't mind seeing Reem face - Sylvia, Ricco, Monson, Alex, Sergei
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 pm

LOL at this brothers tag team scenario. Pull the trigger for reals if there is anything close to any of these guys fighting. Alek vs ValJ and Fedor vs Overeem as the main event fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:24 pm

After thinking this over, I've come to a few conclusions - Overeem needs to take a fight here against a showcase opponent. He has been training exclusively K-1 and has had his focus on kickboxing. If he is to come back and fight in Strikeforce this year then he needs a tune up to help reset his game back to MMA. I'm thinking Jeff Monson.

Also, Overeem shouldn't take a fight with Alex or any HW that skilled on such short notice after fighting in a K1 GP. Nor should anyone who doesn't want to risk Hep C take a fight with Alex, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

After thinking this over, I've come to a few conclusions - Overeem needs to take a fight here against a showcase opponent. He has been training exclusively K-1 and has had his focus on kickboxing. If he is to come back and fight in Strikeforce this year then he needs a tune up to help reset his game back to MMA. I'm thinking Jeff Monson.

Also, Overeem shouldn't take a fight with Alex or any HW that skilled on such short notice after fighting in a K1 GP. Nor should anyone who doesn't want to risk Hep C take a fight with Alex, for that matter.

I doubt Reem fights, but if he does it better not be Monson. I will support another Nuclear bomb delivery to Japan if that happens. If he does fight on NYE I hope it is Timmeh or Ricco. Sergei 3rd. If it isn't one of those guys then I want him to take a vacation and fight Werdum or Fedor in Febuary or March.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 pm

You would really be upset with Reem fighting Monson 2 weeks after he just won the K-1?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:54 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
You would really be upset with Reem fighting Monson 2 weeks after he just won the K-1?

No, good point! I would rather him fight the new Timmeh or Ricco though. Reem to fight at Dynamite? 726609
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:20 pm

He needs a showcase fight. Monson is a great opponent. He'd be making a huge error to take on a top HW with 20 some days notice.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He needs a showcase fight. Monson is a great opponent. He'd be making a huge error to take on a top HW with 20 some days notice.

So I guess you think Monson must really suck then? I don't see a big difference in fighting him or the other few guys mentioned? They all pose a threat in different ways. I say Reem beats all of them with a few weeks notice. They will only have a few weeks to prepare for Reem also. I hope it doesn't happen so we can see him in SF sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Monson doesn't suck and he is an ADCC champ. Maybe Reem doesn't want to go there either.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Monson doesn't suck and he is an ADCC champ. Maybe Reem doesn't want to go there either.

Yeah I would say it is safe to not fight at all. Reem should just take a vacation and start training in mid January for his next SF opponent (Werdum or Fedor)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reem to fight at Dynamite?   Reem to fight at Dynamite? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reem to fight at Dynamite?
Page 1 of 1