Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
OU
10 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW Empty
PostSubject: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21603/following-tuf-12-finale-jonathan-brookins-eyes-success-in-two-divisions.mma
For Jonathan Brookins (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), "The Ultimate Fighter 12" was his chance to be known as something more than "the guy who fought Jose Aldo."

And after earning a spot in the tournament finals with a unanimous decision victory over fellow cast member Kyle Watson, Brookins did exactly that.

Now, on the eve of his matchup with fellow finalist Michael Johnson (8-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at Saturday's Spike TV-broadcast The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale in Las Vegas, Brookins is ready to be known as something totally new: two-division star.

"I'm just going to go by the fights where they need me," Brookins said. "You know, if there's a good fight at 145 (pounds), and they call me up and say, 'Hey, we need you here,' I'll be there. If there's a good fight at 155 (pounds), and they say, 'We need you there,' I'll be there. It's nice to be able to go both weight classes and whatnot, and I enjoy competing at both of them."

Brookins traditionally fought at 145 pounds, but the allure of "The Ultimate Fighter" saw him move up a division to compete at lightweight. With exhibition wins over Watson, Sako Chivitchian, Sevak Magakian and Ran Weathers en route to his official UFC debut on Saturday, Brookins said he now feels comfortable at 155 pounds but always will have 145 pounds as an option, as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Yet another TUF winner that could compete at a smaller weight class. I guess it shows skills > size.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:05 pm

I like this guy, real down to earth and respectful I hope he does well.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I like this guy, real down to earth and respectful I hope he does well.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Only a douche bag would hate this guy. I wish him all the best. He'll be a big fan favorite soon enough.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Only a douche bag would hate this guy. I wish him all the best. He'll be a big fan favorite soon enough.

It would take a douche to not like him lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm

The reporter wanted him bad.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm

She just wonders how he does his hair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Brookins has a lot going for him, so I hope he does well, win or lose Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Oh man he shit all over Kos with that lipgloss crack.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:08 pm

BTW Wolf, Ilove the fucking cartoon!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Thx men.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

He's as dry as sandpaper. I'm not rooting against him but I couldn't really care less how he does
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He's as dry as sandpaper. I'm not rooting against him but I couldn't really care less how he does

I am confused scratch
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:18 am

Brookins reminds me of GSP, in that they have no personality.

He actually is a pretty experienced fighter, never remember seeing it and I've been an Aldo fan long before he blew up, but Brookins has a fight with Aldo. He also has a win over Yves Joubiuon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 am

It's hard not to like this kid, he's humble, down to earth and respectful.

He burned Koscheck with the lip gloss comment lol.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:11 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I am confused scratch

I'm saying that I'm not rooting against the kid, but he doesn't really have much of a personality
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I am confused scratch

I'm saying that I'm not rooting against the kid, but he doesn't really have much of a personality

I could care less about the personality of the fighter...its night like we're buddies and kick it on the weekends and shit lol

If the dude is a good fighter, and puts his heart and soul into it, and doesnt show blatant disrespect to his opponent, or the sport...I usually like them.

This dude's humility is baffling...I've never seen someone quite as humble as him that had so much skill...it's definitely a rarity, and I wish him the best.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:43 pm

LA wrote:
Brookins reminds me of GSP, in that they have no personality.

He actually is a pretty experienced fighter, never remember seeing it and I've been an Aldo fan long before he blew up, but Brookins has a fight with Aldo. He also has a win over Yves Joubiuon.

I'm surprised you haven't seen it. They show it on WEC reruns sometimes. It was mostly Brookins getting chased around and leg kicked to death before Aldo finally ended his misery.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Are Brookings and the other guy both GSP's fighters?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Personally I really respect Brookins and think he has one of the strongest characters I have seen. This "no personality" rap is certainly unfounded. He has a very introspective, interesting and humble personality. I'll be rooting for him for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I thought you didn't watch TUF, Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:27 pm

I have seen a little of it, and have the marathon in the background. I just caught another interview of his that really impressed me. I've only seen a fight or two of his on the show actually, but that isn't what impressed me about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:31 pm

LA wrote:
Are Brookings and the other guy both GSP's fighters?

Yes both are GSP's fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW   Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW Empty

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Brookins ready to compete at LW and FW
Page 1 of 1