[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TCU joining Big East(all sports)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I see BBC is ignoring the fact that I made a pretty strong point about how Michigan...a team that went like 2-6 within the Big Ten Conference and finished 7-5...beat the FUCK outta one of their conference front runners in UConn.

I am at work dude. I can't post when I want to post. I agree with you about UCONN who the CARDS also beat.

You and OU are right about this year. The Big East shouldn't get a BCS bowl bid, but they will. Just like a few years ago the Big10 and ACC didn't deserve on.

Regret- The 2006 CARDS team was awesome and could've beaten or had a good game with Florida. They would've done way better than Ohio State did for sure. There are about ten guys from that team who start in the NFL right now. That team was stacked!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Why the Big East I wonder? Was that the only option?

easiest automatic qualifying conference in football.

WOW I thought they'd be men about it and join the Big 12 but I guess their ball size is lacking huh?

Could also be one of the few willing to take on the other sports like basketball and woman's sports.

That's why no one wants Boise.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

For this year maybe. You act like the Big East is always the weakest BCS conference. Since we joined this is the only year we have that title as weakest BCS conference. We have been better than the Big Ten, Big 12, PAC 10, and the ACC some of the past seasons. Not all of them, but some of them. 2006 the Big East was 2nd behind the SEC only. The weakest BCS conference changes every year with the ACC, BEAST, and Big Ten usually as the bottom feeder.

IDK

Big East normally has a 8-4 Pitt team or some crap like that in a BCS game

acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

WOW I thought they'd be men about it and join the Big 12 but I guess their ball size is lacking huh?

Could also be one of the few willing to take on the other sports like basketball and woman's sports.

That is true. They bring nothing else. I don't think TCU brings much more to the Big East. We do need another football program that is good, so I guess I am down. I hope this helps their basketball program and I believe it will. Five years from now we might all wish our football and basketball programs are where TCU is at.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

No one wants Boise cause they bring nothing to the market

Utah and Colorado were added to the Pac 10 why??? BIG MARKETS

TCU brings Texas market, Boise brings jack shit to the equasion other than a good football team

acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

For this year maybe. You act like the Big East is always the weakest BCS conference. Since we joined this is the only year we have that title as weakest BCS conference. We have been better than the Big Ten, Big 12, PAC 10, and the ACC some of the past seasons. Not all of them, but some of them. 2006 the Big East was 2nd behind the SEC only. The weakest BCS conference changes every year with the ACC, BEAST, and Big Ten usually as the bottom feeder.

IDK

Big East normally has a 8-4 Pitt team or some crap like that in a BCS game

What?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

No one wants Boise cause they bring nothing to the market

Utah and Colorado were added to the Pac 10 why??? BIG MARKETS

TCU brings Texas market, Boise brings jack shit to the equasion other than a good football team

TCU brings a Christian school to a BCS conference with a football team that is shining right now. Sorry but religion may play a factor here as much as I don't want to admit that.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Bird you need to get educated on the Big East if you think that they put an 8-4 team in the BCS game every year. The Big East is the worst conference out of the BCS conferences this year.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 pm

ya your right Cinci had 2 good seasons, Louisville had a good season, West Virgniia had 2 good ones, Pitt had a 8-3 season

main thing was none of them were legit top 5 teams except for the West Virginia team that beat Oklahoma

acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya your right Cinci had 2 good seasons, Louisville had a good season, West Virgniia had 2 good ones, Pitt had a 8-3 season

main thing was none of them were legit top 5 teams except for the West Virginia team that beat Oklahoma

I will give you a few of those seasons, but you are flat out wrong on the rest. Cincy had a weak team one year and the 8-3 Pitt team was only top 5-8th best that year. IMO the rest of those years we had a top 5 team each year.

The Big East is better than what some of you guys are giving them credit for. I think thats because we are so dominant in Basketball that none of you guys vagina's can take the awesomeness that is the BIG BEAST invading football!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Oh and none of them went 8-4! muhoohahaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I see BBC is ignoring the fact that I made a pretty strong point about how Michigan...a team that went like 2-6 within the Big Ten Conference and finished 7-5...beat the FUCK outta one of their conference front runners in UConn.

I am at work dude. I can't post when I want to post. I agree with you about UCONN who the CARDS also beat.

You and OU are right about this year. The Big East shouldn't get a BCS bowl bid, but they will. Just like a few years ago the Big10 and ACC didn't deserve on.

Regret- The 2006 CARDS team was awesome and could've beaten or had a good game with Florida. They would've done way better than Ohio State did for sure. There are about ten guys from that team who start in the NFL right now. That team was stacked!

Most ignorant college football post I have ever read...nobody was going to beat that Florida team in that title game.

And I bet you cant name 3 guys starting in the NFL off that Louisville team...cuz I bet that is all there is starting from it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:52 pm

NoRegret wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Most ignorant college football post I have ever read...nobody was going to beat that Florida team in that title game.

And I bet you cant name 3 guys starting in the NFL off that Louisville team...cuz I bet that is all there is starting from it.

Regret this is the dumbest post I have ever seen when it comes to calling a person retarded. There may not be 10 guys starting right now, but I bet there were over ten who started or played in the NFL from that 2006 team.

Here are some guys that played or play in the NFL from that team. Elvis Dumervil, Amobe Akoy'e, Brian Brohm, Mario Urrutia, Harry Douglas, Brenno Giacomini, Eric Wood, Jason Spitz, Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, Brandon Sharp, William Gay, Nate Harris. There are more that I can't think of and you also have to think of the freshmen that transferred from that team that are playing at other schools or ae in the NFL now. Anthony Allen rushed for 300 yards as a frosh and set the record and he now plays at Georgia Tech. I know there were alot more guys that I am forgetting.

The 2006 CARDS would've smoked the 2006 Fuckeyes with ease, and they would've matched up alot better with Florida.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 pm

NoRegret wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Yeah I overstepped by saying ten were starting right now. Maybe 3-6 right now. I would think it safe to say that around 20 guys that played for the 2006 team made it to the NFL. You gotta realize some of those guys transfered and are still playing college ball somewhere else.

Not too mention the biggest recruit in CARDS history in football was Peanut Whitehead who got injured his sophomore year would've been a top 5 pick. He was honorable mention to the All American team as a sophomore. He messed his neck or spinal cord up from what I remember, but he was awesome as a true freshman.

Last edited by bigbeastcardinal12 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Brian Brohm is still in the NFL? Are you sure?

Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 pm

OU wrote:
Brian Brohm is still in the NFL? Are you sure?

He is the back up QB for Buffalo
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 pm

The 2006 Cards would have gotten their asses kicked by the any year of their great exsistance buckeyes!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Sorry Regret I would have been here to back you up sooner but I had no idea BBC would claim such a thing lol
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Hey that Louisville team was good Beast but that buckeyes squad was pretty good also. Not 100 percent sure who would have won that game but I am 1000 percent sure the Ville wouldnt have beaten Florida that year.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Why does it say TCU is at least going to the Rose Bowl, correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Rose Bowl was for the winners of the Big 10 and Pac 10?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm

they are wolf but they made a new rule this year that the Highest ranked non 1 or 2 automatically goes to Rose Bowl

So number 3 team in the nation this year automatically goes to Rose Bowl

Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Ah, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 pm

I personally think its bullshit cause I like the Big 10 vs Pac 10 match up

acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:52 pm

timthebim wrote:
Hey that Louisville team was good Beast but that buckeyes squad was pretty good also. Not 100 percent sure who would have won that game but I am 1000 percent sure the Ville wouldnt have beaten Florida that year.

I remember ESPN guys saying the Buckeyes would lose big because they didn't have the speed to match up against the Gators. They were right. They also said the CARDS were the only ones who could match their speed. I believe that.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:43 pm

LOL BBC is still hanging in there!

PostSubject: Re: TCU joining Big East(all sports)   TCU joining Big East(all sports) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TCU joining Big East(all sports)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: