Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu Empty
PostSubject: just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu   just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm

and it's pretty fucking different. I am used to No-Gi. All the different Gi Chokes and just how to use the Gi for momentum and what not is just way different and new to me. But it is exciting. I feel like im learning something completely new even though im doing techniques that i know already.

So anyway i just started this new class. It's Team Link affiliated. The instructor is Justin "Ze Colmeia" Delgado. He has trained under Gabriel Gonzaga and Marco Alvan for 3 years. He also has a degree in exercise science and brings a lot of strength and conditioning into the training which i like. Also, the classes are really small which i think is good for several reasons. I basically am getting personal lessons 3 times a week and the "Team Mentality" is definitely there. Everyone is helpful and we are all just trying to learn.

anyway just thought i would post about it cause it's exciting to at least me haha. Also im def gonna be trying my hand at competing in grappling this year.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu   just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:01 am

Good for you. Training in the gi will help you become more technical and you'll see the rewards in the no gi competitions.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu   just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Still training?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu   just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu Empty

Back to top Go down

just started training Gi Jiu Jitsu
Page 1 of 1